“Great wedding venue”

The Oaks Waterfront Inn and Events
Ranked #1 of 1 Royal Oak B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 13, 2010

This was a fantastic inn to have a wedding! All of our friends and family gushed how much they loved the Oaks! Our wedding guests are still talking about it! I highly recommend it!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for The Oaks Waterfront Inn and Events

Reviewed October 25, 2010

No hot water in shower, quoted wrong rate over phone and had to pay double, noisy room location near common areas/doors. Not worth the fee.
Lovely wedding/reception location outside, though.

• Stayed: October 2010
3  Thank Suckah
OaksManager, Manager at The Oaks Waterfront Inn and Events, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2010

I would like to thank this guest for writing a review. When she checked out, she did mention that she had a problem with her shower. We had a plumber out the next day to check on it and have offered her a night stay on the house as compensation.

As far as the price of her room, we offer a heavily discounted midweek rate for wedding guests who check in early, she received this rate for Thursday, but for the weekend wedding guests are charged our normal wedding rate.

We also apologized about the noise, however the bride and groom did invite their guests to gather in our living room on Friday and Saturday evenings, which is located right outside this room. One of the great things about The Oaks is that for a wedding, it is reserved exclusively for wedding guests, which allows them to spend quality time together during the weekend.

Once again, thank you for writing a review. We take them seriously and are constantly working towards perfection.

Reviewed October 18, 2010

Choosing the Oaks for my wedding reception was the best decision of my life...second to marrying my husband! The venue is absolutely beautiful and all 30 guests staying at the inn could not stop talking about how peaceful, warm, fun and relaxing the whole weekend experience was. Susan, Nicole, Meg, Carla, Marques, and the entire event staff delivered first class service. The reception went off without a hitch. The food was amazing and the bar service top notch. Ballroom was perfect and each individual room clean, large and comfortable. I would recommend this venue to any bride out there wanting a relaxing, fun, waterfront experience. Can not say enough great things about it! THANK YOU to every single amazing person at the Oaks who created such a memorable weekend for not just me but all my closest friends and family!!!

• Stayed: October 2010
Reviewed October 8, 2010

My husband surprised me with this trip for our anniversary. We could only stay one night but one night was enough to fall in love with this wonderful inn. Our room was everything we wanted. We had a beautiful fireplace, a very comfortable King bed, and a balcony with a view of the garden and the front of the property. The best part of our room was the double jetted tub. It was huge and so relaxing. We were so pleased with the activities on the property. We went canoeing and saw jellyfish and very beautiful homes on the bank of the water. Then we played outdoor shuffleboard and horseshoes. The former was new to us and very fun. Taking a stroll around the grounds was quite romantic in the evening. We loved sitting on the bank of the water talking especially under the twinkling stars. Everyone was so nice and polite and we had such a great time relaxing and enjoying each other in the stillness and the quiet of the inn. We look forward to future visits.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lcbfly
Reviewed September 23, 2010

My husband and I searched the entire state of Maryland for te perfect weding location where we could have everything in one location. We stumbled upon The Oaks and fell in love. The venue was a perfect location because you get waterfront with a beautiful reception room just off a quiet cove on the Chesapeake Bay. Our ceremony felt so unique because of the serene environment, calm water and the breeze through the trees. The boat ride to the ceremony was just the special touch to set the tone and add such a tender moment for me and my Dad., The Oaks was perfect..the grounds, the dock and the ballroom are beautiful and we received SOOO many compliments from our guests that our wedding was the most beautiful that they have ever attended.
The food was incredible. If food is important to you... you should seriously consider The Oaks if you are planning a wedding. Our memories of our wedding day will go on forever. Thanks Nicole, Carla, Candy and everyone at The Oaks. You are the best!!

• Stayed: August 2010
1  Thank ehl1225
Reviewed August 24, 2010

I cannot say enough about The Oaks - what a beautiful location for a reception over-looking the water, interior was beautifully decorated from the colors on the walls, wall decor, warm tones, very clean, just PERFECT! The service was amazing!! Nicole- the event coordinator is just wonderful. She is very prompt, easy to get along with, quick to respond to emails / phone calls, very accommodating... Candi, the owner, was also onsite for my wedding weekend and was very sweet. The entire wait staff and bartenders are very friendly, service is great, quick to get you what you need. Carla, my server, was especially wonderful! I would like to take her home with me. The food was exceptional. Our wedding was about 2 weeks ago and I am still getting emails, comments, phone calls from friends and family just raving about the food. Our Hors d'Oeurves were great... we went with the bacon wrapped scallops, lump crab canapés with avocado mousse (everyone's favorite...I dont even like seafood and thought they were great), fresh fruit & Cheese display, mini blt’s (another favorite) and Seared Tuna Wontons with Seaweed Salad and Plum Sauce. Dinner Selections - Grilled Flat Iron Steak and Crabcake with French Beans, Parisienne Potatoes, Wild Mushrooms and Oyster Cream Sauce. The other owner, Paul and Nicole's husband, Marcus, are the chefs. I didn’t speak much with them, but they sure can cook! Nicole was very helpful through the entire process especially the night of the reception.. she made sure everything went smoothly!! Also, I met with Nicole the Friday prior to the reception to give her all of my decorations, favors, centerpieces, etc... We went over how and where I wanted everything and of course it was all perfect! Thanks to The Oaks, we had the most wonderful reception I could ever imagine having! And our guests have nothing but wonderful things to say as well! I HIGHLY recommend them for your wedding reception.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank happybride88
Reviewed August 19, 2010

We attended a wedding recently and I was blown away by this venue. It was so cozy and unique and the people there were very accommodating. I am from out of town, so it was a great country getaway for my husband and I. At the wedding it was so personalized and unlike any other wedding I've been to. The food was some of the best wedding food I've ever had!! I talked to the bride after and she couldn't stop talking about how wonderful everything had went and how happy she was. She loved her coordinator, Nicole, and everything was taken care for her at a reasonable price. Staying at this in was a pleasure, it was so cool to have all the family and friends stay together at the inn. Before you listen to a negative review, check the date and the comments left as well. This place has a friendly new staff and is the absolute perfect place for a wedding or relaxing waterfront vacation!!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
Wades Point Inn on the Bay
Tidewater Inn
Tidewater Inn
#4 of 9 in Easton

Been to The Oaks Waterfront Inn and Events? Share your experiences!