“Long on Dreams”

LongHorn Steakhouse
Ranked #12 of 51 Restaurants in Rosedale
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Reviewed March 30, 2014

We stopped for a late lunch on a Sat and the restaurant was not busy, many tables and booths open, yet we were given a device for a 5-10 min wait??? Ok, so we waited and were finally seated. The server was pleasant and took our drink order promptly and delivery was fine. We decided on burgers, my husband ordered well done, mine med rare. They did mix up the order with toppings somewhat and both were well done. I sent mine back, the manager did come over and agreed that it was well done, he also offered soup or salad which was fine. Now the wait begins where one can eat and the other watches and waits, this is a pet peeve of mine. The purpose of going to a restaurant together is to eat together! The replacement burger was more toward med well, but ok, the flavor was bland and the toppings were on the scant side. The garlic parm ff were good as well as the homemade chips and French onion soup. Service was a little slow, and it took a long time to receive our bill, which overcharged us for an additional burger but was quickly remedied. Their steaks and ribs are traditionally good and we should have ordered them, but finances were a bit tight. We will probably try them again in the future but not for the burgers.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

The place was crowded and very noisy. Service was slow - and non-caring attitude.
The staff seemed overwhelmed and in no hurry to take care of you or your order.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

My husband and I went here one evenng, and had a wait of about 15-0 minute. The restaurant was packed. It took awhile for anyone to take our order, we ordered drinks from the bar, and they took awile to come as well. Our food was k- we ordered steaks. But our waiter never came back to check on us at all, unitl he wanted to know if we wante dessert. than we had t wait for the check. It felt too crowded, slow service and just ok food will not bring me back anytime soon. Not to mention prices that compare with other restaurants we go to. also , as we waited the staff at the hostess stand were havng their own conversations, and one was in street clothes, and on her phone. not very professional at all. not a welcoming feeling at all -that should have benn my warning. the first impression means alot!

Reviewed February 13, 2014

We went to Longhorn and the dinner was terrible. She got a prime rib that was gummy and then a rib eye that was raw. It was like cutting into a raw muscle on someone's body. It was horrible. The manager spoke to every table around us, but ignored us. The mac and cheese was cold and old. The salad was old. Only the waitress was nice. They lost two customers.

Reviewed January 10, 2014

Mom and I stopped for lunch. We decided to go with the under 500 Cal. Menu because of my weight watchers lifestyle. We both had the Spinach and feta roasted chicken. Our waiter was so accommodating! At first there was a mix up with the type of chicken. He did not cop an attitude or act like you are such a bother. Took it back to the kitchen. My mom and I were sure we would be there all day, but not the case! It was back out in 10 mon. Hot, tender and delicious. Salad was just right, vegetables so fresh. The bread was hot and the blackberry tea was scrumptious.