“Going back”

Cuisines: Bar
Good for: Bar scene
Description: Baltimore's Best Sports Bar across from Golden Ring Mall on Rt.40
Reviewed June 7, 2014

The food was well spiced. being a mixed culture family (India, America) we eat spicy and most restaurants are americanized with their flavors. Our choices were delightfully hot (spicy) and held much more true to the traditional tastes. The was out of place nice for the area. We had plenty of food to take home. The Menu does not have beef but they do have lamb. This is a nice combo Thai / Chinese. We will be going back. The one falter was the service, slow, not enough attention and was not around to make any requests. The restaurant was not busy. This was not enough to deter a return visit and hopefully the service will match the food and atmosphere.

There are newer reviews for Spice Wok

Reviewed May 1, 2014

I was eager to try this restaurant because there are barely any good Thai restaurants in Baltimore. I generally head to DC and VA to get great Thai. I arrived and was greeted very warmly by the staff. I placed an order for chicken pad thai. While I must say that it's presentation was nice the taste was not. The color of the pad thai was very red and had a very strong overpowering tamarind flavor. There were tomatoes and onions in the noodles which suprised me since I've never seen either in this dish elsewhere. There were slices of an omelette on top. It seemed to be some sort of deconstructed pad thai. While the mini spring rolls were a nice touch- the fact that they didn't have some sort of sweet sauce to accompany an ortherwise dry tube was also a disappointment. On top of it all- I found that the prices were a bit high for a restaurant in that neighborhood and the portions were smallish. The good thing is that the food seemed very fresh and the restaurant seemed clean. I was disappointed that they never offered to refund my money as well. I had 1 spring roll and 3 bites of pad thai which I never took with me. I ended up getting something to eat elsewhere. I'm a bit sad because I had such high hopes.

1  Thank JennyPenny82
Reviewed April 21, 2014

Loved the $8.95 brunch, went twice both times the buffet offered something fresh and new. I'm planning on coming back for my birthday dinner next week. Very friendly staff, I was sincerely impressed.

Reviewed April 16, 2014

Stopped by for a quick dinner with friends, and was blown away! Super cute place and the food is amazing! I am a total foodie, but apprehensive about trying new dishes. For an appetizer, I had the Chicken Wok Spring Rolls, and believe me when I say this - you've never ever had a spring roll like this - mouthwatering and super delish! For my entree, I had the sweet and sour chicken, which was also very satisfying as well. I don't frequent the area much, but whenever I'm in the vicinity, I will definitely be back!

Reviewed April 14, 2014

I met some friends there for dinner and we all really enjoyed our food!! The menu is kid friendly as well for the younger "picky" eaters. Good for casual get together with friends or a family outing with kids.