“Locals Love It...For Good Reason”
Review of Kahler's Crabhouse

Kahler's Crabhouse
Ranked #3 of 58 Restaurants in Rosedale
Reviewed September 21, 2018 via mobile

Friday night at Kahler’s, And it looks like I am at the only non-local in the place. Families with their kids, couples digging into mountains of fresh steamed clams. It all looks good! Not fancy, but good, fresh seafood at reasonable prices. Take-out store downstairs, restaurant that seats about 60-75. Nothing pretentious here, just good eats.

I had a bowl of cream of crab soup...filled to the rim, thick and plenty of crab in it. I took one look at it, and knew that I would not have enough room for an entire dinner, so I went with a broiled crabcake sandwich (without the bun) and some crispy fries. All excellent.

Good assortment of sides, plus some non-seafood items on the menu… But why on earth would anyone want to order something that wasn’t seafood?

Guy Fieri should find out about this place!

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed August 6, 2018 via mobile

a friend had told me about them on fb I called and they had great deals and the crabs were absolutely delicious not small just the right size

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed July 14, 2018 via mobile

The steamed crabs are well seasoned and everything on the menu is outstanding. The broiled scallops are the best I have ever eaten . The Steamed Shrimp are fantastic and if you want a good burger, this is the place to come. You can't go wrong with the Maryland crab soup or the cream of crab soup. Both are delicious. The wait staff are on the ball and very friendly and professional . I can't wait to return .

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed June 15, 2018

This restaurant looks pretty shabby from the outside and isn't too fancy inside either. But the food is AWESOME, especially the crabcakes! Menu just says "Market Price" so we had no idea what we were going to be paying, but we just knew we wanted crabcakes while we were visiting. We have had them at several other restaurants in the area but none as good as Kahler's. And they are a generous portions size. Hubs & I ordered 2, but son ordered 1 which was plenty by the time you eat the side items. The crabcakes have just enough breading to hold them together and the rest is huge chunks of crabmeat. DIL ordered the soft crab platter, just to try something different and she enjoyed it as well. They have a changing list of ice creams for dessert too.
Our server Paige was extremely patient, especially with our 8 yr. old granddaughter who wasn't happy about eating there instead of her choice (Friendly's). When we arrived the restaurant was empty but it got pretty busy during the time we were there so Paige had her hands full, but she did a great job with a smile.
We were actually there for a late lunch/early dinner on a Saturday afternoon and didn't have reservations, but those who arrived later did have reservations.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed May 26, 2018

My wife and I hadn't been here in a couple years so we stopped in for some lunch. We both shared a bowl of Crab Soup then we each ordered a Broiled Crab Cake, a side and some tea. The food was a bit slow in coming however when the Crab Cake arrived, it was worth the wait.

Date of visit: May 2018