“An unexpected fiesta!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
“An unexpected fiesta!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2013

Initially selected this restaurant because it was in Rosedale, and our group loves Mexican. We are so happy we did, and will recommend this to all our friends in the Baltimore area. As has been stated before, the owner/chef is friendly and obviously is proud of the food he serves....he should! All the ingredients were flavorful, especially the Chorizo which he recommended. Will return to this place when next we visit!

• Visited March 2013

Boston, Massachusetts
“Great!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2013

Looked this up on Tripadvisor and decided to check it out even though there are just a few tables. The restaurant is very authentic - the staff has trouble with English, adding to the mood. We all loved our dishes and Jaritos drinks. I ordered the Tostadas with spicy chicken- truly a treat. It's like eating in someone's Mexican kitchen. Perfect.

• Visited February 2013
Maryland
“Wonderful!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2012

This Mexican hole in the wall has become my favorite casual restaurant. Fresh, authentic food; friendly owner/chef; inexpensive; convenient if you live on the east side of Baltimore City or County.

Everything I've tried has been delicious. The guacamole is absolutely to die for, and I didn't even like guac until I discovered theirs! They make it when you place your order, so it's incredibly fresh -- makes a big difference.

• Visited November 2012
Maryland
“A Little Taste of Mexico”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2012

There is not too much I can say about this place besides, it's really good. This was the second time I've been and the owner was there and as usual everyone was friendly and inviting. The me consists of the owner's basic favorite Mexican dishes. That makes it unique, because they specialize in fresh and good basics. That equals good food. Even the beverages remind me of Mexico - Mango juice tastes like you're eating fresh fruit! You have to try the Chilaquiles - it's delicious with salsa verde if rojo is too spicy. Another truly Mexican breakfast dish that is great anytime of day. Ever since returning from Mazatlan, me and my husband have been trying to find the authentic taste and now I have! You have to top off your meal with dessert, Tres Leches cake...best ever!!!

The down side is the parking lot is crazy small and inside there are very few tables for eating. It's worth a try though. You won't regret it.

Visited November 2012
Burlington, Vermont
“Fantastic Mexican Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2012

My wife and I were visiting relatives in Rosedale and I read some great reviews of this restaurant before we left Vermont. I have to admit that none of the reviews exaggerated how great the food is here. Everything is extremely fresh and with help from Fredericko, the owner and chef, we decided on a few items to share. We started with the sopes - one Chorizo and one Tinga de pollo. Next we had chicken Enchiladas with Salsa Verde (unfortunately he was out of mole). Next we shared a Pambazo, an experience you don't want to miss. Finally, we were treated to a desert of Tres Leches. I only wish we lived closer so that we could return on a regular basis.

• Visited October 2012