“Excellent Second Home”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Baltimore North
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Rosedale
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed June 15, 2013

I have been staying at this hotel for most of the last 3 months. The staff is extremely friendly, attentive, and helpful, the rooms and grounds are well-kept and clean, with good laundry and computer/printer access. Having been here for such an extended period, I was able to see a wide variety of circumstances, both good and bad, that were well-handled by the staff. I saw the staff come together on several occasions to ensure the best possible guest experience, particularly for "breakfast rushes". I had a couple of minor problems with my rooms and the fix was quick to come. The manager does a great job here and he has a great, well-trained staff to support him. This hotel has been a great value for me, and I would recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: Stay away from the ends of the building as the door bars are loud when people exit the building.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Baltimore North

Reviewed June 5, 2013

I was traveling with a co-worker who has the worst bedbug phobia I've ever seen. We were going to stay at a very cool hotel crafted out of a factory in Fells Point, but he was worried because he'd read online that downtown hotels can be more prone to the bugs. Anyway, back to the Country Inn and Suites - My traveling partner literally tore apart the bed and sheets and everything and while we didn't find any bedbugs, we did find several packets of unused condoms between the mattress and box springs.He also thought the sheets didn't look clean - and one thing's for sure, there were scuff marks on the walls and patchwork that hadn't been re-painted. Even though we'd arrived at nearly 1am, the hotel attendant was able to put us into a new room right next to the front desk, after delivering a bunch of apologies. That room was immaculate - and definitely smelled fresher than our first room. The next day, the manager apologized some more and lived up to his promise to give me 10,000 hotel points. During the week, the hotel's ample breakfast is served on dinnerware... on the weekends, you get paper plates. But the assortment of food was pretty impressive and everything was good. The health club and business office were also neat, orderly and adequate. I'd missed the free home-baked cookies on the first day - they're near the coffee and tea dispensers in the lobby. The location is convenient for people who like big box chain stores... every major brand, including a WalMart, is probably within 3 minutes of the hotel. But it's definitely a hike to downtown Baltimore and all the attractions. I- 95 is crowded and difficult to drive on, even after 10pm. So bottom line, after a bad first impression, the hotel kept getting better - especially when we realized that EVERY employee we encountered over 4 days was cheerful and helpful. I can forgive a bad first room.

Room Tip: the room right by the office is probably very clean but it can be noisy - from both the hallway and...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 5, 2013

I stayed three nights, no real complaints but a couple of comments.

The carpet in my room had been "repaired" for lack of a better term. It appears they replaced a large strip of carpeting with a newer piece. Okay...not sure why a small room wouldn't simply be re-carpeted instead of patched...somewhat of a cheap repair job as it wasn't even stretched and was a tripping hazard at night. This is not something you expect from a hotel chain as large as Carlson.

I was also a bit disappointed with breakfast, they seemed to run out of things at 6:30AM especially the oatmeal and eggs.

But overall it was a very pleasant stay and the hotel was clean and neat. The staff in the kitchen, front desk and housekeeping were very polite but it appears they are short staffed.

They did have a great restaurant close by called Dellis and was highly recommended by some locals...excellent choice for crab cakes or anything else and reasonably priced!

Room Tip: They all appear to be nice rooms except mine with the patched carpeting.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 20, 2013

We were driving home from FL through a terrible rainstorm on 4/19/13. By 11:30 pm we were just north of Baltimore, nowhere here our NJ home, and the rain showed no sign of letting up. Rather than risk continuing on for another 3+ hours we decided to stop. Using the Trip Advisor mobile app we found the Country Inn & Suites Baltimore North. Are we glad we did.

We received a warm welcome, even without a reservation, and the desk clerk found us a suitable room. The rate was more than we wanted to spend, but it was shelter from the storm and we were happy to have it. The room was perfect, with a comfy king bed, a fairly spacious bathroom, and a fully functional kitchen with a fridge, microwave and even a dishwasher! This would be the perfect room for a longer vacation, but again, we were thrilled to have it.

In the morning we ate a full breakfast of eggs, sausage and potatoes, skipping the now ubiquitous waffle iron, while the sun streamed through the windows. I don't expect we will return, but I would have no problem staying here again if the situation arises, and I will definitely look to this chain again for my travel needs.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 16, 2013

Stayed there for 6 nights. The room was spacious and clean. The bathroom was also clean, shampoo, body soap and body cream available. Water pressure was ok but would have preferred more pressure though. The bed was comfortable and sheets clean. Changed daily upon request. room temperature well controlled.The staff were nice and helpful.
Breakfast not exciting but you expect that at a hotel of that category. Self service but that is fine. Waffle machine, different cereals, porridge, a variety of juices, scrambled eggs, muffins, bagels etc. on one day fried eggs were available but they did not taste good at all. warm feeling of the reception area. Was unable to use pool and gym. Ice and vending machine on each floor. I would stay there again and would recommend it to other people. The area is not great but stayed there due to business commitment so cannot complain.a few restaurants close to hotel. Walking distance from those places.
Upon arrival the receptionist was nice and helpful but not knowledgable of the local area. I followed my GPS and got to were I want. Walk up call requested every morning but for some reason did not get it on 1st day.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
CountryBalMD, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Baltimore North, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience and thank you for being our guest. We appreciate your compliments; we will continue to focus on these key areas for best guest experience and thank you for making notes where improvements are needed. It will be our first priority and take necessary steps. We appreciate an opportunity to host your stay and we look forward to see you on your next trip to Baltimore.

Sinrecely,

Deepak Patel

Reviewed April 5, 2013

We stayed here this week for a couple of nights while visiting our son & family who live within a couple miles. We booked a room with 2 queen beds and had our 3 & 6 year old granddaughters stay with us. Besides giving their parents a break, we did it so we could take them swimming. They loved the indoor pool and all the breakfast options,

It did cost a little more than the chain where we usually stay, but was closer to our son's house. It might be a little hard to find for someone traveling through that isn't familiar with the area.

Overall, the place was very clean and the staff were all very friendly and helpful.

We will definitely stay there again. The only thing we might do differently is to book a suite if we plan to have the girls with us if the cost difference isn't too much.

• Stayed: April 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you so very much for the kind words regarding your stay at our Country Inn & Suites Baltimore North. We take pride in the work we do and always appreciate it immensely when our valued guest notices.

It is always a pleasure to hear from our guests, and I have shared your comments with my team. We also promise to continue doing hard work to keep up our standard and will do our best to provide comfortable stay to all of our guests. Please know that your comment and suggestions are very important for us to keep our service outstanding to all of our guests.

Thanks Again and we look forward to your next stay at our Country Inn & Suites Baltimore North.

Deepak Patel

Reviewed April 3, 2013

This hotel is not bad, the room is clean, the internet works, but it's one of these places you stay for the night only, when you're driving from A to B. It's not a place to stay if you're visiting Baltimore, for instance, because it's very far from there. It's in the middle of a very busy crossing with tons of stores and restaurants and supermarkets. There's nothing to see as a touristic attraction per se. I think the price would be right if it were HALF the price I paid for, Can$ 135.00 for a night. Compare it to the wonderful Marriott in Philadelphia, which cost me Can$ 141 a night! I definitely won't stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
CountryBalMD, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Baltimore North, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking time and sharing your experience. We appreciate a opportunity to host your stay. We do take pride to provide clean and comfortable stay with great internet as a free amenity. Thank you for making notes of it. I agree that we are not in tourist attraction area however Baltimore downtown attractions are just 8 miles away which is only 15 minute drive. Our many guests like busy area as well as stores and restaurants within walk in distance, which I can understand you are not fan of. I am sure and confident that if you compare price and value in Baltimore area, you will find it right, in fact downtown hotels are pricy on top pay for parking, where as we offer free parking, convenient interstate location and easy ride to downtown. It is our sincere hope that you will find us a best fit when your travel bring you back to Baltimore, We will be happy to host your stay again. Please free to contact me via phone or email if I can help you with anything to make your trip more valuable.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rosedale
Fairfield Inn & Suites White Marsh
Hilton Garden Inn Baltimore / White Marsh
Hampton Inn Baltimore / White Marsh
Home2 Suites by Hilton Baltimore / White Marsh
La Quinta Inn & Suites Baltimore North / White Marsh
WoodSpring Suites Baltimore White Marsh

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Baltimore North? Share your experiences!