Review Highlights
Awesome fun for all ages!

We went on a Saturday late winter morning. The gate was closed but we parked in front and went... read more

Reviewed December 29, 2018
Travelling123441353
Rockville, Maryland
via mobile
Kids liked this!

Grandchildren aged 4 to 14 enjoyed this slide in a community park. I used the GPS to find the... read more

Reviewed August 10, 2018
Susan D
Schellsburg, Pennsylvania

All reviews all ages burlap playground park fun
Selected filters
Reviewed January 29, 2017

We were hiking near the Boonsboro Washington Monument and this popped up on trip advisor. I try to find one super kid-friendly activity and this was a good one. Going in the winter was good because we were well padded and protected from arm or leg rubs on the wall. The heavier you are the faster you go.
The gate was closed but walking around was suggested and we had the place to ourselves. Dress warmly, bring a lunch and you may have the place to yourselves. Good for burning some energy on these winter days......

Date of experience: January 2017
Reviewed August 11, 2016

I went here because it seemed like a fun thing to do to add excitement to our vacation. There were kids with adults using the slide. The outside is painted now. The top of the slide has what looked like graffiti on the back wall. At the bottom of the slide is sawdust to stop you with small strips of burlap for kids with a few blankets. I read where the burlap makes you go faster, so tried it. I wanted to go several times but my one sliding experience didn't go well and I rubbed a little patch of skin from my arms when I tumbled. Another parent said they did the same thing when they slid down. Anyway, it was fun. I had sawdust on my back. There are picnic tables around under the shelter. To add to the other reviewer, this is the GPS coordinate from my Garmin: N39 36.514 W77 19.207
Recommend: take your own cloth/blanket and maybe wear long sleeves.

Date of experience: July 2016
Reviewed April 25, 2016 via mobile

13616 Motters Station Rd
Rocky Ridge, MD 21778
United States

^here's the exact address for your GPS . We went with 4 preschool age kids and 3 adults on a warm Spring day. We all had a blast! It felt so shaded/cool inside the covered area of the slide. We rode on a Sweater and will bring a towel next time. The rags there are pretty wore out and very small. There also is a very cute playground and swings next to it! Added this spot to our places to visit more often!

Date of experience: April 2016
Reviewed July 19, 2015 via mobile

Like stepping back in time this little park and bbq area was a visit to my childhood. Bring a bbq and beers, ball and games with the family for a quality family get together.

Bring towels for the slide or you will need to wait for 1 of the two sacks onsite.

Just good old fashioned fun! Managed to get the kids off their iPads for a day so that in itself made the trip worthwhile.

Date of experience: July 2015
Reviewed November 11, 2014

We were surprised to find ourselves with an absolutely beautiful day here in the middle of November, which meant a great day to do something outdoors. I had heard about this slide and decided today was the day to check it out.
The slide is easy to get to, on Motters Station Rd/Hwy 76 a quarter-mile north of Rocky Ridge Rd/Hwy 77.
The slide reminds you of a bowling alley raised on one end with some bumps in the middle. It is around 35ft high and around 100 ft long. It reminds you of the carnival slides, but made of wood and with a roof over top to keep out the weather. There are some pieces of carpet and burlap sacks at the bottom to slide down on, which definitely make you go faster. We went with our kids ranging in age from 2 years up to age 10 and everyone had a blast! the kids were laughing and screaming and just having a great time, and the adults were no different.
The park is owned by a local church, but visitors are totally welcome. The gate on the road may be closed, but you can just park in the area by the gate and walk over to the slide. There are also some swings and an old-fashioned merry-go-round there at the park, along with a couple of picnic pavilions.
I highly recommend this for kids of all ages and the young at heart.

Date of experience: November 2014