“A restaurant for groups”
Review of Original Ambrosia - CLOSED

Original Ambrosia
Cuisines: Greek, Italian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Rockville, Maryland
“A restaurant for groups”
Reviewed January 24, 2014 via mobile

I recommend this restaurant for groups. So, you can share and try a lot of different plates and find what you like. Adapted for American taste.

Arlington, Virginia
“Get Your Liquor License Reinstated!”
Reviewed December 8, 2013

My gal and I have been dining at Ambrosia for years. My fave entree is the tasty and bountiful lamb kapamisto. However, we were disappointed to find out, after we were seated, that Ambrosia had its liquor license suspended. My gal and I almost always enjoy a brew or glass of wine with our dinner, and even though beer and wine still appeared on the menu, we were told we had to order another "beverage," so it was water with a lemon. Having to substitute water for a brew is a real bummer, no matter where you're having dinner. We even talked to a manager who gave us a complicated excuse for the lack of alcoholic beverages, so we still left bewildered and disappointed. Evidently, Ambrosia's liquor license has been suspended for a while. Three stars, though, for great food and good service.

• Visited December 2013
Avalon, New Jersey
“The Peak of Greek”
Reviewed November 20, 2013

I have never been a Greek food enthusiast. I avoid the stuff if possible. You can understand I would be skeptical when I walked in. The interior decoration was lacking and the atmosphere was loud and busy. The carpeting was scarce and lines somewhat long. But the amazing food compensated in full for these flaws. After one bowl of gumbo I was in heaven. The enthusiastic waitress brought everything in rapid succession. Calamari, steak, and pita bread were but the tip of the iceberg. Their salads were savory, their meat cooked to perfection. In the end, I was so stuffed that I declined the dessert menu, despite its variety. But the best part was the price. Not large to begin with, the bargains and discounts they offered cut the check down to half. With food, efficiency, and great prices, this truly is the peak of Greek.

• Visited October 2013
Naples, Florida
“Unpleasant atmosphere”
Reviewed October 29, 2013

I liked the paintings in the wall, the food was okay, but what makes me not come back here is a situation that was not handled by restaurant management. There was a man that seemed upset with one of the workers and he was talking back and forth with staff and standing outside the restaurant looking in like looking for someone who worked there. They did not handle properly, call the cops, making him go away,etc...it was not pleasant dining not knowing what that guy had in mind to do. Bathrooms were not taken care of. Place needs a revamp.
Our server was nice, however.

• Visited October 2013
Washington DC, District of Columbia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1,309 helpful votes
“Greek comfort food.”
Reviewed September 7, 2013

Tasty authentic Greek food. Big portions. Friendly and efficient service. Steady stream of diners in an almost packed restaurant. This is a diamond in the rough. Interior can benefit from updating.

• Visited September 2013