“Service was great, food was good as usual”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Mamma Lucia

Mamma Lucia
Ranked #58 of 406 Restaurants in Rockville
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Service was great, food was good as usual”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

We have eaten at Mamma Lucia's before, and it is one of our favorite places. The food is consistently good. The service that we received was excellent (Vinny). It is a family-friendly atmosphere that won't hurt your wallet.

We love the bread and dipping oil!

• Visited April 2013

Washington, District of Columbia, United States
“Horrible”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2013

My wife and I typically have a good dining experience at Mama Lucia's, but the visit last night was horrible. My wife ordered the lasagna and I have the calamari with linguini. The lasagna sauce was very salty, had one layer of lasagna pasta, and was essentially garbage. My wife couldn't eat it. Seems like they added salt to the sauce to get the flavor to come out, but it didn't work. My calamari was tasteless. The sauce had no flavor at all. Last time making a visit. Would highly recommend staying away as there is much better in town.

• Visited March 2013
Charleston, South Carolina
“I'd go back!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013

Decent pizza at the bar, go on half-price wine night (Wed). A little loud, but I got good service and met some folks there. Seems like a local watering hole, I was from out of town.

Visited March 2013
Rockville, Maryland
“A little too starchy for me”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013

This is an easy place to drop into while shopping nearby. The food is just average and a bit too saucy and starchy for me most days. But if you need some calories and warmth you could do worse.

Visited February 2013
Maryland
“Not up to par this time”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013

I met a group of girlfriends at Mama Lucia this past week. We ordered wine by the glass, but one of of the women in our party noticed lipstick on her glass and had to ask for a clean glass.
The garlic bread is delicious. They have a huge menu with many choices. I enjoyed the portabello mushroom ravioli. The pasta entrees came with a salad. One of the people in our party was very dismayed to find a hair in her salad, so she called the manager over. He apologized and they did bring out another salad. However, given the combination of dirty glass and contaminated food, we really did not enjoy the meal. I have been there before without such incidents; perhaps this was an off night. The server was pleasant -- it was not her fault. But we would have like to have seen the manager be more attentive when the concern was raised.

• Visited February 2013