“Luxury Hotel at a GREAT price”

Hilton Washington DC / Rockville Executive Meeting Center
Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in Rockville
Cleveland, Ohio
“Luxury Hotel at a GREAT price”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2010

Wonderful clean hotel!! Best of the best!
Looked for some dirt, but couldn't find ANY. Even the windowsills were clean!
Nice part of town too. We parked our car at street metered parking for the whole weekend, and it was fine. Hotel is within walking distance to food and shopping. The metro is directly behind the motel too! VERY professional staff...rooms were big and beds comfy. Bathrooms had black marble-looking surfaces-beautiful! All this for less than a hundred a night!
Also had a heated indoor pool that (in season) you could swim out to the connected outdoor pool. Had a large hot tub (very clean) and a state-of-the-art small exercise room with little flat screen TV's attached to the treadmills , etc.. Thought the lifegaurd to be a little creepy though. The pool is so small, didn't really see the need for a lifegaurd.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
GM01, General Manager at Hilton Washington DC / Rockville Executive Meeting Center, responded to this review, June 9, 2010
Thank you for your nice comments about the Hilton Rockville. I am thrilled that you found our rooms comfortable and clean. We are very proud of our housekeeping staff and I will share your review with them. I will also remind our restaurant team to keep down the noise when setting up for breakfast.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2010

This hotel is obviously an old Embassy Suites. Checkin went well, but they didn't include my breakfast vouchers, which I had to ask for the next morning. My room wasn't a suite, but was a little larger than normal, with a couch. The bed was comfortable and the room was clean, with a modern flat screen TV. The bathroom was nice and hot water was available. The only problem was the noise from the atrium. I was on the 4th floor, and was awakened at 6AM by the staff preparing breakfast in the atrium.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
GM01, General Manager at Hilton Washington DC / Rockville Executive Meeting Center, responded to this review, July 18, 2010
Your comments are very interesting about the hotel’s origin. To set the record straight, it was one of the first Crowne Plaza hotels when it was built in 1982. The rooms are oversized and were completely remodeled when we converted the hotel to the Hilton brand. I am glad you enjoyed the size of the room, its cleanliness and our new TV’s. We are looking forward to seeing you back at Hilton Washington DC/Rockville Hotel & Executive Meeting Center in the near future.
Kimmy528
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2010

This was the second time that I was staying at this hotel for work and really liked it. My company chose it for our annual meeting because it was located very close to Federal goverment offices so made it very easy for the employees from this agency to partcipate. My room was located on the main level close to the resaurant and bar which made it very easy for me to grab a quick dinner at the end of the day. The only drawback was that because the window of the room faced the hallway, I had to keep my curtains drawn because I was pretty sure people would be able to see into the room when the lights were on (I could definitely see all passabys when the curtains were open)

The room was beautiful, with high quality linens and amenities, flat screen tv etc. There was also a sink located in the bathroom as well as another right outside of the bathroom which was great for getting ready in the morning. I also ordered room service for dinner one night; the service was super quick and a fairly large portion was provided for the price. The hotel is also very close to the red line metro and so it was really easy to reach Amtrak on my return to NY.

I would definitely recommend this hotel if you're in the Rockville, MD area. I would especially recommend it for business travel as there isn't much in the area for the leisure traveller. Its fairly easy to get to the nightlife and great restaurants of DC though.,

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
Thanks for the nice review. It’s particularly nice to hear from a returning Guest. I am glad that you enjoy our hotel’s amenities and its proximity to the Metro and federal offices such as NIH, HRSA and FDA. We look forward to welcoming you back soon to Hilton Washington DC/Rockville.
Fuquay-Varina, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2010

My family and I stayed at the Rockville Hilton en route to a new job in NC. The facility is modern and stylish with an atrium lobby with glass elevators and inviting rooms and the service is exceptional. I called and asked for more towels and they were delivered within 10 minutes. I had a martini at the hotel bar and the bartender provided a complimentary snack and the drink was mixed perfectly. The buffet breakfeast attendants could not have been more accomodating and the buffet selection and quality was a cut above standard hotel food. The rooms looked they had recently been updated and the beds were some of the best in the industry. My only gripe is the lack of a decent and convenient changing area for the fitness area and pool -- in such an otherwise top notch facility, why was this overlooked? Overall, though, I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone and I would definitely return.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
Thanks for kind review about your stay at Hilton Washington DC/Rockville Hotel & Executive Meeting Center. I am delighted that you enjoyed your experience here and feel confident to recommend us to others. We look forward to seeing you again and good luck with the new job!
New York City, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2010

The 10-story atrium of the Hilton looks spectacluar when you walk in - but when there are social events going on there in the evening, the sound from amplified music and speakers booms throughout the facility. Inside rooms are the most affected by this noise (and by chatter from the bar and restaurant in the same atrium), and besides they are caves. No windows to the outside, and since the inside windows face walkways one needs to draw the curtains permanently for privacy. The outside rooms let you see out, but since the windows are sealed there is no possibility of getting fresh air though. The rooms are large and well-appointed, very comfortable beds. Beware of extra charges for parking ($12/day) and wired internet ($9.95/day). Free wireless in the lobby only.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Thanks for the feedback. Our hotel is, indeed, beautiful with a dramatic atrium. Many people enjoy the rooms overlooking the atrium and some do not. We do everything possible to accommodate individual Guest’s requests. We encourage you to let us know prior to arrival.
Colorado
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2010

I'm a Hilton Diamond member and stay at Hilton properties about 80 nights a year. I booked this for a two night stay on a weekend with family while visiting the area.

The hotel is average in most respects - room, lobby, breakfast buffet are all OK but nothing special. Location is great is you are looking to be in the Rockville area - it's about a 20 minute drive to DC and the Metro station is right by the hotel.

My problem with this hotel are the front desk staff. When I checked in, we noticed that the hotel was absolutely empty, I mean there were 6 cars in the parking garage. The hotel clearly caters to weekday business people and nothing was booked at the hotel this weekend. We got a $60 a night rate, which I was astounded given that this is still the DC area. I asked if we could get an upgraded room since this is a stated benefit of being a Diamond member. The desk clerk rolled her eyes and shook her head and said no, all the upgraded rooms were booked already! She was being so rude I asked if she had my Honors number on file since a request for an upgrade might sound out of place if this is the first Hilton you had ever stayed at - she said, 'oh yeah, we have your Diamond number." I thought, well maybe the big crowd is arriving later on?

After we get to our room, I called the hotel direct from my cell and asked for a room rate on a deluxe room and they quoted me a rate and I asked." so you have availability this weekend" and they said, "oh my, the hotel is practically empty this weekend!" I also had a question the next morning for the front desk staff and again they acted like I was a major interruption to their day - keep in mind there was almost no one else staying there that weekend.

I am not that picky a traveler and I am usually treated very well at all Hilton properties but their rude attitude was very surprising. I can't wait to get the survey from Hilton they are always sending me!

On the bright side, we had the buffet breakfast each morning and it was nicely done and the waiters were extremely nice both mornings. I think it cost $17 a head but were getting if free with the room so I doubt I would pay that much out of pocket.. I agree with the previous reviewer that staying at the Gaithersburg Hilton would be better idea although it is another 15 minutes or so from DC.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank travelman91560
On behalf of Hilton Rockville, kindly accept our sincere apologies. We did not live up to your expectations nor, frankly, our own standards. I hope that you will find it in your heart to forgive us for any inconvenience that you may have experienced and return to Hilton Rockville. Please feel free to call me directly to assist you. Thanks.
Georgia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2010

I stayed at the hotel for two nights and attended events in their conference room. On the last day my wallet was stolen from my purse. Be very careful about your belongings if you stay here. They were nice about it but I get the impression that they did nothing but take a report.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
We take issues related to safety and security very seriously. In addition to providing safe deposit boxes for valuables as required by law, we train all employees on safety and security procedures. When a Guest reports something that may be missing we do, indeed, take a report. We also conduct a thorough investigation and, where appropriate, involve local authorities. I regret that you experienced this incident and hope you will return to Hilton Rockville.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rockville
EVEN Hotel Rockville
EVEN Hotel Rockville
#6 of 15 in Rockville
Cambria hotel & suites Rockville
Bethesda North Marriott Hotel & Conference Center
Hilton Garden Inn Rockville - Gaithersburg
Homewood Suites Rockville - Gaithersburg
Radisson Hotel Washington D.C. - Rockville

Been to Hilton Washington DC / Rockville Executive Meeting Center? Share your experiences!