“Great location, awful stay for business trip”

Hilton Washington DC / Rockville Executive Meeting Center
Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Rockville
Reviewed July 15, 2014

Hotel is located right next the to metro, it is very convenience for travelers to commute into DC area. However, I will NEVER stay in this hotel again due to the following reasons. This is the worst Hilton I have ever stayed in by far.

1) This hotel provides HORRIBLE and UNBEARABLE wifi service. Forget about browsing the internet or even working from the hotel. You will not be able to get any work done with this internet.

2) I have booked a suite for my one-week stay, please keep in mind that some suites do not provide microwave nor fridge. Keep in mind to call ahead if you would like to request for one.

3) Which is the reason why I will never come back to this hotel again, staffs (front desk) simply do not care, lack of follow up and support. With the fridge issue I had stated above, I had to follow up over and over again to remind them to bring a unit to my room. Not to mention, they said they would call me back but never did. In regards of the internet, I also tried asking them if I can PAY for my internet to get a better connection. Their reply was "It is what it is, we only have one wifi @ this hotel...".

Good luck to all business travelers who's planning to stay @ the hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
3  Thank Andyng118
HIltonRockville-DC, General Manager at Hilton Washington DC / Rockville Executive Meeting Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2014

Thank you for sharing your review and the perspective of the business traveler. Caring for our guests is always our main priority and we sincerely regret if this was not evident during your stay. We appreciate your honest feedback and we would like to take this opportunity to extend our heartfelt apologies for the inconveniences and frustrations that you encountered with our services. We will share your comments with our management team for further review. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again.

Reviewed July 10, 2014

The inside of the hotel is really cool. All the service was great and the only downside was the hot tub was closed for maintenance. Other than that everything was good. Really cool place to stay and the DC metro is literally right out back behind the hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
HIltonRockville-DC, General Manager at Hilton Washington DC / Rockville Executive Meeting Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2014

Thank you for taking a moment to share your impressions and guest perspective. While we are happy to learn that you were impressed with many aspects of our hotel, we do regret that our hot tub was not open at the time of your visit. We hope you'll have the opportunity to visit us again to enjoy everything the Hilton Washington DC/Rockville Hotel & Executive Meeting Center has to offer.

Reviewed July 9, 2014

We enjoyed staying here...the staff was very friendly, room was quiet, metro is right behind the hotel, malls are walking distance, ditto for restaraunts! I think you'll enjoy your stay! Don't forget to drink the yummy water near the reception area!!!!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

We are always happy to learn when our convenient location to the nearby shopping centers and restaurants works out well for a guest's visit. Thank you for taking the time to share your review. We hope you'll allow us the opportunity to welcome you back to the Hilton Washington DC/Rockville Hotel & Executive Meeting Center sometime in the near future.

Reviewed July 8, 2014

The Rockville Hilton is a stone's throw from the Metro's Twinbrook Station on the Red Line. The hotel has a very nice large atrium where you will find Riff's Longe and the Twinbrook Grille. The room are ample in size and have a nice work space and a side chair. You're only about 30 minutes or less from downtown DC on the Metro Red Line. Save money by staying just outside teh District, but close to the Metro.

Room Tip: There are rooms that face the interior (i.e., the atrium, and other that face the road). I suggest r...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business

Thank you for letting our future guests know about our convenient location to the Twinbrook Metro Station. We are pleased to read that you enjoyed our atrium and convenient location to downtown DC and we hope you'll allow us the privilege of welcoming you back to the Hilton Washington DC/Rockville Hotel & Executive Meeting Center.

Reviewed July 8, 2014

I wanted to give higher rating to this hotel, I really did, as my first impression of the hotel building was nice, the rooms are comfortable and clean and the location is adjacent to the metro station, which makes it convenient for visiting Washington.
However, the architecture that makes hotel`s atrium look good has another side - the level of noise you get into the room from the inside of the hotel is simply too high. I can understand that sometimes they host big events which last by 10pm and they even apologise for that. However, the acoustics are really good and when one of "the events" - every day they had something - is going on it is hard even to talk when in the room. God forbid you are exhausted by whole-day sightseeing of Washington and would like to go to bed early. No way. There were many groups, families, kids chasing each other through the corridors, shouting and calling each other even at 11pm. I know Hiltons that have very good sound-proofed doors. Could they not introduce this in here as well? Fortunately, after the music stops, if you turn on the air-conditioning, it is so loud that covers all the other late evening noises.

The pleasant surprise was staff at the reception. No matter who did we talk to, they were kind, nice and trying to help. Very good indeed! The quality of housekeeping varied, they often forgot to replace stuff (shampoo, mouthwash, even bathroom mat). Breakfast was good for American standards, service so-so. There was one guy who was so insisting in asking if everything is OK, that it was hard to have a conversation with my wife. One day when I was eating alone and he constantly kept coming to the table (his disappointed comment "oh, today you have a voucher, so no check for you" hinted that he desperately wanted a tip) I told him that he does not have to ask every minute if I am OK. You can imagine the face that he made, but I really wanted to finish my breakfast in peace.
Advice: there are some quite good restaurants in a walking distance from the hotel.

Unless it is a business meeting or a conference I am not sure I would come to this hotel again.

Room Tip: choose a room that does not have windows on the inside (towards corridor and atrium).
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple

While we are grateful for your sincere feedback, we regret that we were unable to meet all of your expectations. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconveniences and noise disruptions that you encountered during your stay with us. Our guests are encouraged to reach out to management if there is anything we can do to improve their stay. It is our main priority to ensure you enjoy your visit and we hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed July 8, 2014

I was very pleased with Hilton/Rockville Md. I drove from PA., to enjoy the Fourth of July in DC. It was easy parking, excellent room, easy access to metro(across the street) and very safe area. Would stay at Hilton again, when I visit DC again.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

We are delighted to know that we were able to impress you during your Fourth of July visit. Thank you for taking the time to share your guest perspective and we look forward to your next stay at the Hilton Washington DC/Rockville Hotel & Executive Meeting Center.

Reviewed July 8, 2014

My family and I stayed at this Hilton hotel for 5 nights. It is ideally located in Rockville, close to shopping and many restaurants. The Metro is just behind the hotel which makes it very easy to get to and from Washington DC. The value for money was excellent.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

It was a pleasure to welcome you and your family for five nights. Thank you for choosing the Hilton Washington DC/Rockville Hotel & Executive Meeting Center. We are glad that our convenient location worked out so well for your needs and we hope you'll think of us again soon.