Hilton Washington DC / Rockville Executive Meeting Center
Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Rockville
Reviewed May 3, 2011

stayed mid week. very few guests. hotel was quiet. room was fine on 7 th floor. Paid parking $30.00 p/d. Buffet breakfast $16.00p/p. Metro station behind hotel. 20-25 min ride to DC convienient

Room Tip: book upper levels
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
GM01, General Manager at Hilton Washington DC / Rockville Executive Meeting Center, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2011

It's nice to hear that you found our hotel attractive and accomodating. Glad that you enjoyed your quiet room and found the metro behind the hotel convenient. Hope to welcome you back to Hilton Washington DC/Rockville soon.

Reviewed April 27, 2011

We chose this hotel because we wanted to stay outside the city, but still have easy access in and out. The Twin Brook metro station is literally across the street from the hotel. It was a quick, comfortable, convenient ride in and out of DC. The lobby and atrium area are very nice. I read the reviews on this site prior to making my reservation so to eliminate the noise and lack of natural sunlight issues I requested a non atrium facing room. Our room was very nicely appointed and QUIET!!! The weather was gorgeous so there was plenty of natural sunlight in the room during the day. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The recommedation Glen made for dining at Timpano Italian Chophouse was fantastic! (Thanks again!) The negatives were: There were ants in the hallway near the ice machine. We made the staff aware of them on our first night (a Thursday) but they were still there on Monday when we checked out. We dined in the bar dining area twice. The first night service was extremely slow. We would have left, but the local restaurants were all closed so we felt we had no other option. The second time we requested items on the menu which were not available. We were told the menu was in the process of being modified so some items were no longer available. I had called to see if the rooms had refrigerators a few weeks prior to checking in. I was told they did not. At check out we were told that refrigerators were available for rental. I wish I had been told when I inquired. It would have been an added convenience. Overall it was a pleasant stay.

Room Tip: Request non atrium facing room
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
GM01, General Manager at Hilton Washington DC / Rockville Executive Meeting Center, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2011

Thanks for the nice comments about Hilton Washington DC/Rockville. I am very happy that you enjoyed our spacious guest rooms and beautiful lobby and atrium. Thanks for taking the time to tell us about your rooming preferences in advance so that we were able to accomodate them. Sorry for the misinformation about refrigerators. We do have them available upon request but not every room has one already in it.

I am also glad that our staff was able to make good recommendations for dinner in the area. There are a lot of great restaurants within easy walking distance. Thanks also for the heads up on the areas for follow up. I checked and they were addressed.

Looking forward to your return visit. Thanks again for the feedback.

Reviewed April 13, 2011

I really enjoyed my stay at this hotel. The staff is very friendly, everyone from front desk to the night security guards. The rooms are very nice and spacious with large flat screen TVs, comfy sofa chair, large desk, comfortable beds, plush bedding and lots of lighting. The bathroom is also a good size and supplied with nice toiletries. There are rooms looking into the atrium and another line of rooms that look toward the outside of the building. Stay in the outer rooms if you want more quiet, as I never had an issue with noise.
The atrium is beautifully designed and you will be able to catch the internet if you sit in one of the sofa chairs outside your rooms. I thought that was a nice touch. There is also a business center on the second floor that you can access. Location is another big plus as you are right next to the Metro. There is also a good burger place next door (Fuddruckers) as well as many shops and stores, all within walking distance.
Some negatives were the wired internet, though I was told they are replacing it soon so I'm not too concerned about it. There is also a parking charge, so be willing to add $25 to your stay. But you can book the hotel for so cheap on priceline that it's still by far the best deal around. I've stayed in other hotels in the area and I would definitely prefer to stay at this one again.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
GM01, General Manager at Hilton Washington DC / Rockville Executive Meeting Center, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2011

Wow! Thank you very much for the very kind comments about our hotel. I am thrilled that you enjoyed our facilities and the service met your expectations. It was extra nice to hear about how well our Team treated you. It was also great that you enjoyed the easy access to metro and the variety of good restaurants in the area. We all look forward to welcoming you back to Hilton Washington DC/Rockville real soon.

Reviewed April 10, 2011

Although the room was not quiet and I awoke to noise each day, it was a shame that I had to sit at a desk to use the internet. Worse—guests have to pay $10 per day for wired internet. Why offer comfortable furniture and beds that you don't use? I would not stay at this hotel for its lack of wireless. Everything else was okay, especially housekeeping. Fee for parking is too much.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
GM01, General Manager at Hilton Washington DC / Rockville Executive Meeting Center, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2011

We appreciate your comments about the Guest room internet. The good news is that the Hilton Stay Connected wireless solution is coming soon. Thanks for the nice comments about the room furnishings and the great score on service. Hoping you will be back to enjoy the wireless internet next time you are in town.

Reviewed April 3, 2011

Noise:
Rooms face an atrium so there is always the chatter of people, dropping of silverware, etc

No windows:
Yep, my room had no natural light. Just a single window that looked onto the dreary atrium...and the people looking in at you.

Nickel & Dimed:
Internet is $10 a day....for WIRED. No Wifi. Geez...it's 1997 again.
Parking will set you back another $15 per day. Wow...I feel welcome.
Just add $25 to the room rate but don't make me feel tricked.

Bottom line:
I left after an hour and went elsewhere. The only time that's every happened.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
GM01, General Manager at Hilton Washington DC / Rockville Executive Meeting Center, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2011

We are truly sorry that our hotel did not meet your needs. Our hotel has a variety of room options that our staff would have been happy to provide. Internet options include free wi-fi in our lobby, restaurants and business center. We are hoping that you find it in your heart to forgive us and give us another try. Perhaps a call in advance to my office would help? Thanks.

Reviewed February 3, 2011

The hotel is in a great location, right in the middle of Rockville commercial area near the Twinbrook Metro station. Restaurants, shopping are within a 10 minute walking distance, though driving around can be a bit of a hassle since traffic and lights can slow you down quite a bit.

Parking was free while I was there since the gates were frozen and were just left open. The rooms are average for a 3.5 star hotel, good size, desk, sofa and lots of lamps for lighting. No fridge or microwave, but a large flat screen TV (40 inches or so). The bed and pillows are very comfortable and the bathroom is also a good size.

The main problem I had was that the internet in the rooms is wired and costs $10 a day. Hilton needs to update their policy because charging for internet is so 10 years ago. The cable they provide you is not very long either, so you're stuck using your laptop on a desk instead of the comfy sofa. Lobby internet is free, but with the weird setup of the hotel, it's a hassle going downstairs from your room. Very disappointed that they would overlook this.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
GM01, General Manager at Hilton Washington DC / Rockville Executive Meeting Center, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2011

Thanks for the taking the time to provide some feedback about Hilton Washington DC/Rockville. We appreciate your kind remarks about the beauty of the hotel and many of its amenities. I am glad to tell you that we will be installing a new wireless internet system for the Guest rooms soon that will eliminate the need to sit at the desk. Hoping to welcome you back to the hotel in the very near future.

Reviewed December 14, 2010

Very Nice Hotel, Nice stay, Very good staff. fine amneties. I would stay here again. Plenty of resturants to walk to.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business

Thanks for the very nice comments about the hotel. I am delighted that you enjoyed our Team and the facilities. Having the metro nearby as well as so many restaurants makes it fun to be here. We look forward to having you back at Hilton Washington DC/Rockville.