WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Sleep Inn Shady Grove

Sleep Inn Shady Grove
Ranked #8 of 16 Hotels in Rockville
Waynesboro, Pennsylvania
“Clean, decent price for the area.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2012

We stayed on a Sunday night, Sept 30, price AAA was 89 plus taxes. Room was recently redone, was very clean. No tub just a walk in shower. Frige plus the regular amentities. The heat and air conditioning worked fine with no odor. We did not use the WiFi. We were there for a funeral so I didn't pay attention to the exercise room, pool or the laundry. The breakfast had eggs, sausage,waffles and the regular foods featured on an expanded continential breakfast. Everything was clean and the attendant kept everything filled . Staff was pleasant and the hotel is in a quiet area.. Check your linens as the maid had forgotten our washcloths and we discovered this too late. We would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2012

This hotel does not try to be fancy. But the rooms are well appointed, clean, with microwave and refrig.
The breakfast is also not so fancy, but nice array of cold and hot foods. I did not use the shuttle, but all the hotels in this area provide one to the Metro. Having the proximity of the restaurant and bar is very conveinent, and esp the room service from the restaurant as well.
I will definitely stay again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Liverpool, New York, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2012

We had a perfectly excellent trip with nothing to complain about. Pool was open til 10 PM when we got back from DC for our 8 year old, people were getting bar drinks at Crown Plaza and bringing them over to pool if you like, staff and other guests very friendly, free shuttle to metro station saved money, Spotless room and shower (everything appeared brand new!) We stayed on top floor, quiet, maid service was excellent, Breakfast filled us till Dinner, beds were firm and so comfortable, only paid for subway and hotel (breakfasts were free, newspapers were free, coffee was free, shuttle free, free ice for cooler, museums/zoo free in DC too!...) Had computer-slow but good to check mail or do a quick search for restaurants...) Hotel shared shuttle and pool with Crown Plaza next door and room service was Crown Plaza too. Desk staff were very nice. AC was ice cold. We loved staying here to tour DC and see our neighborhoods growing up.... Almost stayed in Bethesda but so glad we chose Shady Grove/Rockville... Less traffic and craziness after running around DC all day... Hotel is in a business park area and so quiet and peacefully situated and nicely landscaped... Very restful and relaxing upon coming back each day... Do this hotel... AARP gives a discount, we just joined and saved the $16 it cost us to join with this hotel... Don't look elsewhere, pick this one for sure!!

Room Tip: third floor room maybe 322 close to elevator and across from laundry room. Directly down on 2nd floo...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2012

My family and I are very picky and review and research everything including where to stay for vacation. Our trip we had planned was canceled so we had to put together another trip together in a week. We scheduled this hotel on a Saturday to arrive on Monday, so we were not sure about the quality in such a short time but it was kind of the only hotel available in such a short notice. We were surprised. The room was small and there was no bathtub and had children with us. We left the hotel at 10 and came back at 10, so we only needed it for sleeping. We had 4 adults and 3 children, it worked. But the shower was pretty big. Their shuttle to the metro was scheduled later than any other hotel although, we never used it. The breakfast was awesome! They had everything and the guy who set it up and tore it down, was awesome as well. The breakfast times were better than most hotels 6:30-9:30 and he always restocked it if food got low. They also provided us with a rollaway bed for free since we reserved the room from calling the actual hotel and not online! I highly recommend this hotel and it will probably be our go to hotel for future trips to DC!

Room Tip: Room was small, but we were satisfied because we only slept there.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Glen Allen, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2012

I used a coupon from the green “Hotel Discounts” booklet from the Interstate and the rate was a good bit below the rates in Rockville/Gaithersburg for the trendier 3-star hotels. This is 2-star of course. Room is “cookie-cutter” Sleep Inn basic but did have a small refrigerator and coffee maker. The room itself was clean but the halls and stairwells were beat up, stained carpet and just “tired”. Flat-screen TV’s but no HD channels to take advantage of it. Many windows were clouded; had lost their seal. On the plus side: friendly front desk. Bath amenities even included a lotion. This is adjacent to a Crowne Plaza in case you want to walk to dinner; but plenty of other restaurants are in easy driving distance. Wireless High Speed Internet was surprisingly fast; 4.30 Mbps both upload and download per Speedtest.net. HVAC worked fine but a quick check of the unit showed it was pretty clogged with dust; sadly I find this to be a common occurrence at hotels both cheap and expensive. I had to leave before the complimentary breakfast started at 6:30 AM but as I was leaving I saw they had the basics; cereals, waffle maker, yogurts, bread and juice.. For value received I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Forest Hills, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2012

This hotel has is what I've always been looking for - very low prices and a great location, yet never compromising on a clean, comfortable and enjoyable stay. The room was very clean and well appointed, and the air conditioner worked better than any hotel I've ever stayed at, even better than five-star NYC hotels' A/Cs. It actually cooled the room down to 60 degrees when I set it to that degree number. The bed was awesomely comfortable, and the shower better than any other hotel with good water pressure and WaterPik showerhead. The breakfast bar was superb, with coffees, cereal, oatmeal and more, and the staff (especially Jade at the front desk and the breakfast bar folks) were very friendly. The shuttle from the Metro was key to my selecting this hotel as well, and it runs early in the morning and late at night. Plus, the wi-fi worked exceptionally well. I would love to stay here again and would be recommending this hotel to all my friends and family.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Washington, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2012

I decided to stay at this hotel even though I did note some complaints about Internet access. I guess I took them at their word that the situation was temporary. However, now my gut feeling is that the hotel chain just takes providing this service far too lightly. I got the same story that the other reviewer received. That's a shame. If you want a fairly clean comfortable hotel in a safe area ... this will do. But, if you have work to do ... forget about it! They're simply NOT catering to the business traveler. If they ever mend their ways, then I'd consider coming back. I'd want some kind of proof though. As a result of all this, I had a very bad business trip where I was unprepared and unnecessarily stressed out. I'm doing my best not to grump out about this, but this business let me down when it involved my livelihood. That's unforgivable and the reason for this scathing review. So there. At least I feel better and can move on.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business