“Lumpy pillows, itchy sheets, scary neighbors and ants, oh my!”

Red Roof PLUS+ Washington DC-Rockville
Ranked #8 of 14 Hotels in Rockville
Reviewed October 2, 2010

I should have figured that, for the price I paid, I would be getting a room like this, but I must have had a momentary lapse in reason. The location was perfect for us, the room a good size and the price unbeatable. I was not very happy with the ants in the bathroom, the limited amount of shampoo (1 small packet for a room of 4) and the less than comfortable sheets, mattresses and pillows that seemed to have had much better days. Some of the other guests seem to be frequent short term guests, if you know what I mean. Although there were other guest that were of a better caliber. The front desk help varied in helpfulness. I warn you about the charge for the in room safe. If you do not use it make sure they take the charge off your bill. The last thing I would mention is the cleanliness of the room. Gross things and old socks under the bed and some less than appropriate reading material left in the bureau were unacceptable, but I could tell the front desk was not going to help much so I left well enough alone. If you are willing to take a chance for the price, be their guest. Otherwise, there is a Comfort Inn 2 minutes away that may be a little better.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family

Reviewed September 21, 2010

When I tell you that I am on the road half of 367 days of the year and this was one of my most peaceful sleeps thanks you to all the staff

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed August 3, 2010

The hotel was in decent condition for the price and location is good(walking distance to shady grove metro). Customer service is the problem here. I had a meeting in the morning to attend and had to wait three minutes for two hotel employees to finish their clearly non work related conversation before being helped and was not even helped after the conversation was over. I was not told I will be with you shortly, simply looked at as the gentlemen continued with their conversation. Someone that just walked into the lobby to check in was somehow immediately able to create a break in the conversation and the employee readily asked how he could help the person. The customer informed the employee that I was in line already and he responded to me, yes?. I am calling this customer service "biased", make of it what you will. If this was not bad enough, the shuttle service that is advertised, I was told only runs from 9-10, however, the previous day I saw the shuttle leaving shady grove metro in the evening when I arrived. I was told to wait for a public metro bus that stops outside of the hotel. I ended up walking to the metro station on a pretty hot day and somehow was on time for my meeting.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed June 1, 2010

This hotel is horrible! True story. When I was away from the room, someone with a key used the room for sex. They left the condom wrapper on the floor next to the bed. When I lodged a complaint they did absolutely nothing! Hands down, the worse place I've ever stayed. The rooms are dirty and obviously used recreationally when guests are away. Don't stay here, not even at these prices!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank scidoc_11
Reviewed March 5, 2010

The Red Roof Inn is close to the Shady Grove Metro station to DC. The Tv reception is terrible with few channels. No coffee pot but had a safe, fridge and microwave. Not enough hot water for a shower.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple

Good Capachinos

Stayed: April 2007, traveled on business
1  Thank Fekinator
Reviewed September 16, 2009

We stayed here with a small dog and the trees and space outside our room was perfect for him to run a bit. The rooms were clean. The staff was friendly and helpful. I would stay here again. It was close to a shopping area with a nice variety of restaurants to chose from.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rockville
Sleep Inn Shady Grove
Comfort Inn Shady Grove
#4 of 15 in Gaithersburg
Cambria hotel & suites Rockville
Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Rockville

Been to Red Roof PLUS+ Washington DC-Rockville? Share your experiences!