All reviewsfront deskpremium roomroom was cleanshady groveironing boardwould stay here againeasy accessrrikellypropertywashingtonfrigaccommodationsrateshousekeeper
Reviewed October 6, 2013

This was our second Red Roof in in 3 days, and they couldn't have been more different. We used this hotel as a last minute overnight for convenience and we weren't disappointed. The hotel is clean and well kept. The room was quiet and sleeping was comfortable. We got the reservation through a discount service, so the value was even better than expected. Don't be afraid to use this property when in the area.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Claudia L, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Washington DC-Rockville, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I'm very happy to hear how we were able to provide you with a clean and comfortable room. Thank you for choosing our Red Roof Inn and look forward to your next visit in Rockville!

Reviewed September 24, 2013

For the final night of our 2400+ mile road trip, my husband and I chose RRI because of its pet-friendly policy and proximity to the highway. I had made an online reservation, and confirmed a late check-in.
Upon pulling into the parking lot, we encountered a young man standing in the middle of the road, who would not move out of the way even when my husband rolled down the window and asked him if he was ok. When I entered the lobby, there were several young people (under 21) milling about, each on their phones. It was disturbing to say the least (it was already near midnight), but they made no move to allow any privacy during my check-in. I informed the manager of the young man outside, and someone was sent to check. Also, the clerk at the desk seemed quite agitated (with me? the teens?) and told me that I had reserved a handicap-access room, which was the only room available -- not being in a wheelchair, why would I choose this room??? What.ever. - it was late. The room was ground floor. When we entered, we found the room spacious enough for wheelchair access. The very large bathroom was fitted out for handicap use, but provided not a single place for toiletries.
However, the biggest issue we had was with the a/c unit, which was very dirty and the front was falling off. To lessen our inhalation of (???) during our stay, we placed a damp towel over the unit while we slept.
This particular RRI was a disappointment, both in poor customer service, and faulty room maintenance.

Room Tip: no idea :(
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SmokieBr

Thank you so much for your comments; this gives us the opportunity to improve. I’m sorry to hear that we failed to meet your expectations. We take service very seriously and will do all we can to prevent these issues in the future. Please accept my sincerest apologies. Once again thank you very much.

Reviewed September 21, 2013

This was overall a pretty nice room, but as the toilet backed up repeatedly I had to down grade the review. I had to get a plunger at the front desk to make the toilet flush all the way. Other than that it was a good room.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for your comments; this gives us the opportunity to improve. I’m sorry to hear that we failed to meet your expectations. Please accept my sincerest apologies. Once again thank you very much.

Reviewed September 18, 2013

The floors of the room had hair on them, the toilet was broken, internet connection very slow... But most importantly I requested a room on the first floor or a handicap access room and was denied because I purchased through a third party website. They will refuse to give you an accessible room and they do not have an elevator.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank miss t
Claudia L, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Washington DC-Rockville, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am sorry to hear that we did not exceed your expectations and invite you to reach out to me regarding your stay. We appreciate your business and hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the future.

Reviewed September 16, 2013 via mobile

Reservations were made at this hotel by my husband two weeks prior to our stay. He had reserved a king bed. Upon arrival there was an argument about the reservation to which my husband had to show his conformation number. We were given a room only to find out that it had two double beds rather than the king we had reserved. another trip to the front desk to get the right room. We had booked the stay for two nights as our son was having surgery at a local hospital. After being at the hospital for the day we returned to the hotel to find that our keys no longer worked. The clerk at the front desk insisted my husband wait in line before he would correct the situation. Service was poor. Room smaller than advertised. Aggravation we didn't need at a already stressful time.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Terri W
Claudia L, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Washington DC-Rockville, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to leave some comments regarding your stay. I am sorry to hear that we did not exceed your expectations and invite you to reach out to me regarding your stay. I would love to hear any feedback you may have on how to improve the guest experience. We appreciate your business and hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the future.