“Very good stay”

Ranked #7 of 15 Hotels in Rockville
Bowie
“Very good stay”
Reviewed September 10, 2013

I needed an inexperience place to stay for the weekend near Rockville. Found a deal at Red Roof Inn Washington DC-Rockville. The reviews were mixed but mostly good. Because the rooms had been recently renovated I took a chance. The rooms were very nicely appointed with modern fixtures and furniture. I especially liked the hardwood floors instead of carpet. You never know what's embedded in carpet! The room and bathroom was very clean. The king bed was very comfortable. Nice work desk, flat screen TV, refrigerator and microwave. Fast food within walking distance and Metro a short drive away.

My Cons: There was no exhaust fan in the bathroom and no place to hang your wash cloth in the shower. Neither was a deal breaker.

The outside of the hotel could look a little more modern but don't let that put you off. The rooms are very nice inside. I didn't have to deal with the staff so I can't comment on that.

I will certainly stay again since I frequently travel through this area.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Claudia L, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Washington DC-Rockville, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our Inn! We take great pride in being the best value in the Rockville area. Our recent renovation allows us the opportunity to provide a unique modern room at an economical price. I am very happy to hear we were able to impress you during your stay. We look forward on seeing you on your next stay.

Red Roof Inn
301-987-0965

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
sw colorado
Reviewed August 21, 2013

The hotel and the grounds look nice, the rooms look nice but for the same price there are other hotels that are far better in the area. I stayed here for 11 nights because my company booked the room. If I were paying for it myself I would not have stayed past the first night. Had to move rooms 3 times because things didn't work 1st it was the A/C, next room; toilet didn't work, then the last room ( I stayed anyway) the phone ( but I have a cell so who cares right?) The maids don't clean anything, The floors never got swept or vacuumed, the mirror was dirty, the sink never got wiped out (even when we got there it was dirty)
The rooms are nice looking and looks like they were remodeled recently but I don't think they got new beds. My bed was way uncomfortable. The internet service (if you could get it to work at all) was so slow that it was to frustrating to even try to do anything. (Remember dial up?....way worse than that!) The desk people were nice, they tried to help resolve the problems. They even offered to give some free nights, but my company had already paid the hotel so that wouldn't do me any good.

1 Thank abqj33
RedRoofInnRockville, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Washington DC-Rockville, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Thank you so much for your comments; this gives us the opportunity to improve. I’m sorry to hear that we failed to meet your expectations. We take service very seriously and will do all we can to prevent these issues in the future. Please accept my sincerest apologies. Once again thank you very much.

General Manger
Reviewed August 16, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for a very important meeting. Asked for a 7 am wake up call. It never came. Woke up late. Missed my meeting. Asked the clerk for a refund he said that's only if there is something wrong with the room.

• Stayed August 2013
3 Thank rubboss
Thank you for taking the time to review our Inn. I’m sorry to hear that we failed to provide you with an important wake-up call. Please accept my sincerest apologies along with a free night stay, which can be used at any of our locations. Thank you for choosing Red Roof Inn. We hope you will consider giving us a better chance to serve you in the future.

Brookville, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Stayed here when my husband had surgery nearby. The staff was wonderful. Every hotel should have someone like Kellie up front, we couldn't have had anyone more helpful, cheerful or friendly. Our room was beautiful and spotlessly clean!

Room Tip: Love that all rooms have outside doors!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
We appreciate you taking the time to write a review about our hotel. Thank you for your recognition. Kellie provides awesome service to our guest, but we never get tired of hearing how she has made sure your need have been met. I will be sure to pass your comments along to her. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you and we look forward to your next visit to our Red Roof Inn.

Noneya
Reviewed August 11, 2013

I can agree with what everyone else has mentioned about the staff. They are great, especially KELLIE. I stayed here for an extended time while transitioning to the area and Kellie and the rest of the staff were always friendly and always helpful. The hotel has the best accommodations for the price IMO, and it had everything I needed for an extended stay. I used the desk quite a bit and found it very useful. I also used the iron & ironing board and fridge which all worked like a charm. Unfortunately, I would also have to agree about the internet. It is almost useless; 3G on my phone was much faster. With that said, it still works but should be upgraded. Lastly, the hotel is in a nice area and close to whatever you may need like food, grocery, etc.

1 Thank bradlysbrown
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. Your comments made it clear that we are fortunate to have Kellie in our team. We do appreciate all what she does. Glad to know you are pleased with the renovations. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you and we look forward to your next visit to our location.

minneap
Reviewed August 9, 2013

Was on a roadtrip out east from the Midwest. We stayed here over a weekend with an ipad in a closed backpack. Never took it out on my own, then a couple days later, on Wednesday, I was looking for it and couldn't find it.

Called up Red Roof to see if maybe I misplaced it, they said they had found it, but someone else came and picked it up the day after we left - Monday. The scary thing: they said my boyfriend (one I was roadtripping with) came and picked it up. We don't know anyone in that area! THe only people that knew him by name in Rockville were the hotel staff... Hotel manager was the least helpful person of them all - no sense of apology, blamed us for "losing" the ipad in spite of the clear lack of continuity in the timeline she gave and we gave. Seemed confused, but unwilling to recognize the facts presented to her.

DO NOT STAY. IF YOU DO, KEEP VALUABLES WITH YOU AT ALL TIMES.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank jerry j
New Jersey
Reviewed August 8, 2013

The room was clean, the AC worked perfectly, the bed and pillows were extremely comfortable (which is usually an issue when you book at the 2-3 star hotels) nothing beats a good night’s rest. Also, it was particularly refreshing to get such a warm welcome at the front desk. Kellie's joy and smile were contagious. I will definitely book here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I'm very happy to hear how we were able to provide you with a clean and comfortable room. I will make sure to pass your comments on to the entire team. Your kind words regarding the staff will help to motivate everyone to keep up the good work. We thank you for choosing our Red Roof Inn and look forward to your next visit in Rockville!