“Internet is disgraceful” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 16 Hotels in Rockville
Rockville, Maryland
“Internet is disgraceful”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

The entire staff and the property are excellent. Patricio, Kellie, Isaac, Kokou, Cesar, David , Miquel are all superior to others in the industry. Shirley, who has lefy for Alexandria, and Claudia the current General Manager, are a credit to the professionalism of the hotel. However, the internet is a disgrace to Red Roof. The worst part about this is upper management has known about this issue for an extended period and has not addressed it. The casual traveler may not care but those who stay for business makes it difficult to continue to stay. Upper management should be more proactive with regard to this issue.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Joseph M
RedRoofInnRockville, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Washington DC-Rockville, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry that you had issues with your internet connectivity. Being able to work in your room is critical, especially when traveling on business. We want all guests to ensure that they are getting a fast, reliable signal, no matter where their room is located. We are working with Wandering Wi-Fi, our internet provider, to correct this issue. I hope to have a resolution soon. We appreciate your business and loyalty to our location.

i0263@redroof.com
301-987-0965

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

Travelling from England, I stay at the Shady Grove Red Roof Inn two or three times a year. It is very well located for my needs and close to many shops and restaurants within easy walking distance. The hotel is reasonably priced and the service is always fast, efficient and friendly, especially from Patricio at the main desk who has dealt with me exceptionally well during my stays over the past 7 years, taking time to exchange friendly conversation when he sees me about the latest news from England and Scotland (my home country).

Room Tip: As a senior citizen and pensioner, I always choose the most economical room on the upper floor.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Thank you very much for the comments about Patricio, I will make sure to have Patricio read your comments as I know it will make him proud. Our team realizes that excellent customer service is what all of our guests should expect all of the time. Thank you for your recognition. We look forward to serving you again on your next visit to Rockville.

i0263@redroof.com
301-987-0965
Grapevine, TX
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

Nothing fancy, but this is a clean hotel that is very reasonable given its location. On a Saturday, it takes about 30 minutes to get down to the Washington, DC mall. Half carpeted, half hard floor, this hotel is adequate and functional. Several restaurants are closeby.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
RedRoofInnRockville, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Washington DC-Rockville, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Thank you for your comments glad to hear we were able to meet your expectations, a clean room is critical when traveling.We look forward to being your hotel of choice. Again, thank you very much.

Rockville, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

From time to time I have to go and have meetings in Rockville, MD near the newly renovated Red Roof Inn on Shady Grove and every time I make my reservations I make them through Kellie, at the front desk. I know I have to option to use the on-line services, or the 1-800 version.KELLIE has been the voice to Red Roof Inn to me and if I was Red Roof Inn I would use her as your national voice and these are the reasons why. Not only completely professional, courteous, friendly and helpful she is personable about the wonderfuld services Red Roof Inn offers. In the past before talking with her I would not want to stay at a Red Roof Inn, but her service makes me want to use all the time. She is the Best Employee of A Hotel Ever.... Veronica24

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 stars
Thank you for recognizing Kellie as an awesome team member! We really do appreciate all that she does. We will be sure to pass your comments on to her.

Bethesda, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

This hotel has been recently renovated and the rooms are modern & comfortable. More importantly, the service you receive from the front desk is always friendly & helpful; especially Kellie, who typically checks me in on my visits. She's always there with her bright smile, gets met checked in quickly and takes time to ask how I've been. She's terrific & I look forward to seeing her when I visit because I know I'm in good hands.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars
RedRoofInnRockville, Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Washington DC-Rockville, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Thank you for your kind comments regarding Kellie at our Red Roof Inn. It is our goal to make all of our guests feel this way. Thank you for your recognition. We truly appreciate your business and look forward to making your next stay as great as the first!

Fairmont, West Virginia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

We usually stay here when visiting DC. It's priced right and not far from the metro station. It's also right off of 270 so very convenient. We had a couple small snafus last time but nothing major and it added to the memories with my oldest son. We've stayed here 3 or 4 times now an I'm sure we'll be back.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We truly appreciate your business and hope you will give us the opportunity to serve you better in the future.

Canandaigua, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

In June I was moving out-of-state and had my mother with me along with two cats. My mom has some health issues and KELLIE went out of her way to make out stay successful and stress free.
She is delightful, efficient and goes above her job description to make the hotel guests satisfied! Thank you, Denise Montgomery

Room Tip: Ground floor is easier on the knees.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
RedRoofInnRockville, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Washington DC-Rockville, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Thank you so much! Kellie is an awesome team member and treats all of our guest like family...I will pass your comments on to her...We look forward to seeing you again real soon.

Shirley Jordan/Claudia Lazo G.M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rockville
Sleep Inn Shady Grove
EVEN Hotel Rockville
EVEN Hotel Rockville
#4 of 16 in Rockville
4.5 of 5 stars 265 reviews

Been to Red Roof PLUS+ Washington DC-Rockville? Share your experiences!