“Hotel Staff”

Red Roof PLUS+ Washington DC-Rockville
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Rockville
Reviewed July 6, 2013

In June I was moving out-of-state and had my mother with me along with two cats. My mom has some health issues and KELLIE went out of her way to make out stay successful and stress free.
She is delightful, efficient and goes above her job description to make the hotel guests satisfied! Thank you, Denise Montgomery

Room Tip: Ground floor is easier on the knees.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
RedRoofInnRockville, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Washington DC-Rockville, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2013

Thank you so much! Kellie is an awesome team member and treats all of our guest like family...I will pass your comments on to her...We look forward to seeing you again real soon.

Shirley Jordan/Claudia Lazo G.M

There are newer reviews for Red Roof PLUS+ Washington DC-Rockville

Reviewed July 2, 2013

Stayed 5 weeks on business. Room was very well kept and modern. Extremely impressed with the professionalism and courtesy of a housekeeping staff member named Elizabeth. She was very accommodating to the fact that I work 3rd shift and made sure to find time to clean my room immaculately and on my schedule. I have never written a review before, but this woman deserves accolades for her dedication and service. Thank you!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Thanks for taking notice of our hard working clean team. I will pass your comments on to Elizabeth. She is a new addition to our team and we are fortunate to have her. Please visit us again.

Claudia Lazo G.M

Reviewed June 22, 2013

The daytime staff were excellent and provided exceptional services for a business traveler. The room was modern, clean, and very comfortable. And the location was terrific . . . very close to the highway, yet quiet. I will definitely lodge here again!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
RedRoofInnRockville, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Washington DC-Rockville, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

Thanks for the awesome review! I will pass your comments on to our team member Kellie. She is an asset to the staff and we really do appreciate her.

ShirleyJordan G.M

Reviewed June 10, 2013

when i come to the Red Roof Inn in MD I stay here for a few days and one of the great staff Member name Kellie makes my stay just that much better always willing too give good advise and with a friendly smile Customer Service is a rare commodity these days and and Kellie deserves that reward Thanks!! Mr Jackson!!

Room Tip: the rear location seems too be a much better location and Quit
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
RedRoofInnRockville, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Washington DC-Rockville, responded to this reviewResponded June 15, 2013

Thank you for recognizing Kellie as an awesome team member! We really do appreciate all that she does. We will be sure to pass your comments on to her.

Claudia Lazo G.M

Reviewed June 1, 2013

We stayed here for several nights. The toilet clogged on the first night - so we were moved to another room - no big deal. The rooms are small. Two people could barely walk past each other. But, it served our needs.

Room Tip: Ask for a 1st floor double
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
RedRoofInnRockville, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Washington DC-Rockville, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2013

Very sorry to hear that you were inconvenienced with having to move rooms-We do hope that our team took good care of you...we hope to see you again!

Shirley Jordan/ Claudia Lazo G.M's

Reviewed May 28, 2013

The Inn was wonderful, clean and very comfortable. The staff when checking in and out were absolutely amazingly friendly and helpful. I would NOT opt to stay anywhere else. The rooms are all renewed and fresh. The set up of the room (deluxe king) was a great set up for work and or play, Open and airy which is very important to me as I am seriously claustrophobic. I LOVED IT and I WILL be going back. I would MOST DEF recommend this RED ROOF INN.

Room Tip: Make sure you have a fridge and coffee pot.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends

Glad to hear that our team took very good care of you...And we are very proud of the Renovation and will continue to work hard at keeping it well maintained. We look forward to seeling you real soon.

Thank You, and we will pass your comments to my team

Shirley Jordan/ Claudia Lazo G.M's

Reviewed May 25, 2013

PLEASE stay here. What a fantastic hotel for a good price. If you dont want to read my whole review, please read the bottom line! My husband is active duty military, and needed to go to Bethesda for sugery, and we chose Red Roof for its pet policy when the Navy lodge was full. We booked through Expedia for 8 days. The manger Kellie gave us the BEST customer service I've ever experienced in my life. She treated us like old friends, and our room was large, very clean, and comfortable. Now, I had a not so good experience at a red roof inn in Groton, Connecticut. (Corporate Red Roof, please get rid of your terrible manager there, and if you can replace him with someone even half as amazing as Rockville's Kellie, you will be doing it a world of good!)
Unfortunately, because of the Groton experience, when the Navy lodge called us halfway through our drive (9 hours from Maine) and told us they had an opening, we cancelled 7 of our days through Expedia and opted to just stay one night. Well, after we got there, and met Kellie and got our room, I regretted cancelling, even though the lodge is right on base. THEN, the next day, after checking out and packing all our stuff and getting our car towed to a tire shop for a flat tire that needed to be entirely replaced, we get call from the Lodge saying they made a mistake and no longer have our reservations. I was furious, and felt exhausted and stranded. We had the lodge call red roof back to see of they could possibly salvage our reservations there. I had little hope. But they put me through to reservations.com and the man there said they could get us in. For $30 MORE a night!! We just accepted out of desperation.
When we thought things could only get worse, my husband checked in with Kellie. Without him bringing to up at all, she took the time to look at our reservation, and told my husband since we were staying so long, she could give us the extended stay price, which ended up being LESS a night then our original first reservation through Expedia!! She held it for us while we cancelled the other reservation through reservations.com.
BOTTOM LINE: Kellie made our day and our week. I felt like there was a hold in our pockets with the tire, the tow, the trip! She had a few rooms available and let us pick one! She walked and talked with us, and showed us the rooms. She was so cheerful and funny, and her staff was friendly and helpful too. This hotel is just up the road from the metro station that will take you right into DC and the Smithsonian hotels. There are lots of places to eat, and it's just far enough from the 322 to get out of the traffic, but plenty close to downtown and the metro. Despite having military privileges at the base hotels, when we come back we are staying at Rockville red roof as long as Kellie is there! Oh, and don't bother with Expedia and other 3rd parties. Just call the hotel directly, you will get faster and friendlier service that way! Thank you Kellie, for turning our trip around, and being a rare gem in customer service.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Jaded_Pill
RedRoofInnRockville, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Washington DC-Rockville, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2013

Thank you so much for that awesome review...Actually,Kellie is our 7-3 team member-her customer service skills often surpasses that of the management staff. You were in very good hands. She takes her job very seriously and we are lucky to have her. Sometimes we have to cut her conversations short( with some of the guests)-:). She has never met a stranger, and we love her. Thank you so much for taking the time to remind us!

Shirley Jordan/Claudia Lazo G.M's