“Friendly Staff and Clean Room” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Red Roof PLUS+ Washington DC-Rockville

Red Roof PLUS+ Washington DC-Rockville
Ranked #10 of 16 Hotels in Rockville
Kutztown
“Friendly Staff and Clean Room”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

I can't get over how friendly and helpful the front desk staff was. Thanks to all of you. The room was clean, and the bed was comfortable. My complaints are minor. There are other motels in the same area in which I have stayed that you can book for around the same price. Those motels provide a decent breakfast (one has their own restaurant buffet) and better shuttle service. I understand that Red Roofs do not normally provide breakfast; however, I think that for the money one pays the shuttle service could be improved. There is a bus (No. 43) that you can take from near the motel to the Shady Grove Metro when the shuttle is not running. Parking is scarce at the Metro station.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
RedRoofInnRockville, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Washington DC-Rockville, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
It's always good to hear that our team has hit the mark with providing awesome customer service. We are working on improvements with our shuttle service-your feedback has given us a clear direction..".We need to be more flexible with the hours of operation". Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Shirley Jordan/Claudia Lazo G.M's

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Livnim
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

The room was clean and comfortable, the staff polite and helpful, all of the rooms are entered from the outside, which I think is less secure than a main entrance, but I had no trouble. I wouldn't have any problem recommending red roof in to family and friends. I also stayed in a red roof near BWI airport and had a similar experience .

Room Tip: Get the room with coffee maker, fridge, and microwave
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

This motel was scary looking from the outside, but the room was newly remodeled (apparently) and very clean. The only complaint was that our room was equipped with two towels...for four people. If I was going to be in the area again, I would most likely return.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
Thanks for your feedback-a positive consistent experience is always good! knowing you would recommend us to your family and friends really does mean a lot to us. Hope to see you very soon.

Cleveland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

We had a room in the very back which was nice because there are lots of trees. The location is near a Melting Pot and a Chinese place which we made use of. The furniture was new, the linens were clean, however, the room itself was not very clean. It appears that housekeeping vacuums and changes the linens, and that's about it. I had to clean the toilet to my satisfaction, and wipe down other surfaces that clearly needed it. The coffee pot is barely that, it has single pods for brewing which have no flavor. The internet is not high speed as far as I could tell but was sufficient. Not much in the way of cable channels but we didn't spend a lot of time in the room. The pillows were hard as rocks, and the staff gladly brought me two others but the first night with them was uncomfortable. I had to walk past two ice machines to find one that worked. Two important things for me when choosing a hotel are cleanliness and comfort, unfortunately they need improvement in those two areas. With the upgrades that were recently made, it could have been a nice choice for the money if the toilet was clean and the pillows were better. On a positive note, I will say, no bugs and I liked having a microwave and refrigerator! If the rooms were spotless, I would have given this a 3.5.

Room Tip: you must get the best room they offer, and the back of the hotel is quieter.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank Dee S
RedRoofInnRockville, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Washington DC-Rockville, responded to this review, March 30, 2013
thank you for your feedback-room cleanliness is very important to us. We are very sorry we failed to meet your expectations. We have scheduled a clean team meeting /training to assure this does not continue. Again, your comments help us with our goal of 100% guest satisfaction. Thank you!
Blacksburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights.
Overall, the room (two beds) was good!
Clean (!) bathroom, soft beds, floor half carpeted half hard wood floor, a little bit noisy a/c but you get used to that, spacious room, iron/hairdryer on request, TV if you at all need it, pretty quiet environment.
If you don't use the safe in the room - please specify this upon check-out! Otherwise they automatically charge everyone ;)
if you go out for breakfast or for a coffee or anything else...don't expect many options around (only Burger King...Chicken-something and alike). Though, bus 43 will take you to Starbucks or Panera - 10 min ride, the bus stop is right across the road :)

The staff is extremely helpful! Every time we would go to the reception with any question, there was a guy named Patricio! He was multi-tasking and yet going out of his way to help us with everything, always smiling and giving everyone full attention. Thank you so much for having him on-board :) He made our stay as smooth as possible and still took his time and helped us A LOT even after we checked out!

We would definitely stay there again and recommend it to others!
And would also recommend Patricio being promoted ;)

Room Tip: We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights. Overall, the room (two beds) was good! Clean (!) bathroom...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
I have shared your comments with my team-too hear that Patricio went above and beyond, giving you the service you deserve (makes me proud). Thanks for sharing your experience.

Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

I stayed at this property in March 2013. The room had been recently remodeled quite nicely with carpet, flat screen tv, and other various things. There are plenty of outlets for computers and cell phones.I found it to feel smaller than it actually was because the adjoining room door took space away from the desk area and space where suitcases could be placed. The heating unit had not been a part of the upgrade and was very noisy going on and off with a loud clunk. I would stay here again asking for a room with no adjoining room door and testing the heater/ac before unpacking m y things.

Room Tip: Check your ac/heater before unpacking
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
Glad to hear you are pleased with the renovation-Sorry to hear the AC/Heating unit was noisy. You are on point with your comments on the adjoining rooms. We have replaced over 60% of our AC/Heating units, and will continue with that process( as units fail). Good to know that we will see you again! Thanks for your feedback.

New Haven, Connecticut, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

I recently enjoyed a two night stay at the motel-like Rockville Red Roof Inn when having minor surgery locally.
My “Superior King” bedroom was nicely remodeled with a combination of rugs and laminate wood flooring, modern furniture, granite counter around the washbasin, a flat screen tv, microwave/fridge and, wonder of wonders, an AC that did not cycle on and off on the heat setting . The worktable and chair worked better for me than the desk in higher end hotels. The bathroom was basic but functional. I found the bed comfortable, although the pillows were a little high for me. Everything was clean.
The friendly staff, notably Claudia, went beyond the call of duty to assist me and make me comfortable during my stay. I hope not to repeat the surgery, but otherwise would look forward to returning to this property!

Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Claudia is a key team member, glad to hear she was helpful. Surgery is never pleasant, but sounds as if all went well. Thanks for making us your choice.

Shirley Jordan G.M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rockville
Sleep Inn Shady Grove
EVEN Hotel Rockville
EVEN Hotel Rockville
#4 of 16 in Rockville
4.5 of 5 stars 259 reviews

Been to Red Roof PLUS+ Washington DC-Rockville? Share your experiences!