“Best place to stay in DC” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Red Roof PLUS+ Washington DC-Rockville

Red Roof PLUS+ Washington DC-Rockville
Ranked #10 of 16 Hotels in Rockville
Brooklyn
“Best place to stay in DC”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

Beautifully renovated, this property is the best place to stay while visiting DC, wether on business or pleasure- the people who work there is what makes this so special- always upbeat, friendly, and give u such a warm feeling throughout ur stay- highly recommended-

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Robert S
RedRoofInnRockville, Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Washington DC-Rockville, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
We shared your comments with our team. It's great to know we got it "RIGHT". Thank you so much for your positive feedback. We look forward to seeing you real soon!!!!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Nairobi, Kenya
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

I stayed at the Red Roof Inn Rockville in May 2012 because all other reasonably priced hotels in Washington DC that week were fully booked and the remaining hotel options were very expensive. Granted, the hotel was a long way from where my meetings were taking place but I was able to take a bus/taxi to the metro station and commute each day. The rooms are clean and pretty simple with no frills to anything about this hotel. There is no iron available in the room nor are there any coffee making facilities in the room but there is coffee available at the reception anytime. The location of the hotel is in a good neighbourhood. Got a good price for my one week stay.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Njeri M
RedRoofInnRockville, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Washington DC-Rockville, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience. We believe, like many of our guests, in simplicity and economy without giving up quality. We have created room types with added amenities like a microwave, mini-fridge, in-room coffee, and iron and ironing board and then there are room types without all of these added amenities. This way, we allow our guests to decide if they would like to purchase the upgrade. Thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to seeing you again very soon.

Best regards,
Claudia Lazo
Red Roof Inns #263 Rockville
i0263@redroof.com
Clifton Park, NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

We got the room for only $56.24 per night which was a great price. I was a bit leery because it was so reasonable but the reviews were good so we decided to give it a try. The room was clean and comfortable. It was a basic room - no hair dryer, shampoos, iron etc but for the price I didn't except much. the only problem was that the walls were paper thin and it was noisy., I wold go back but my friend would not because of the noise factor. Otherwise, my friend was happy too.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Cricket808285
RedRoofInnRockville, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Washington DC-Rockville, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Being a great value is good-but if you can hear your neighbors, it really does reduce the value. I bet you were in a room with an adjoining door. We are working on a fix for that problem. Just an FYI-always ask if the room you are being assigned is "adjoining". Thank you for your comments and concerns. We look forward to your next visit.
Elgin, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012 via mobile

This hotel was recently renovated, it is geared toward business people. Has a large desk, along with plenty of power outlets for charging your numerous electronics. The room had laminate floors which was a great change of pace to carpet.. flat screen wall mounted tv, but it lacked a lot.of channels. Had your basic cable and local stations. I do not know if they offer breakfast, staff did not mention and I slept very late. There are a bunch of restaurants and.stores within walking distance. I didn't see anything to exciting red lobster bk, and the typical chain restaurants... Would definitely stay if I ever went to.this area again...

• Stayed September 2012
2 Thank Thomas J
RedRoofInnRockville, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Washington DC-Rockville, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Wow...Thank you for the awesome review...To know that you appreciate the renovations make it all worth while. On your next visit please stop by, it's always good to personally meet our guests. Again, thank you very much!

Shirley Jordan G.M
Gaithersburg, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

I hosted a family reunion in the Maryland area and the Red Roof Inn was the host hotel. The rooms are completely renovated, very clean and have a modern upscale look. I enjoyed the stay for the weekend and so did my family. The cost for what you recieve is excellent as well. The front desk team (Kellie and Shirley) were extremely nice and made my stay very pleasurable. Look into the Red Roof in Rockville if you want value, comfort and convenience!

Room Tip: Excellent Value!!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Benjamin T
RedRoofInnRockville, Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Washington DC-Rockville, responded to this review, September 12, 2012
Thank you so much for the awesome comments-We will share them with our team members.It really was our pleasure to host your family. Again, thank you for choosing Red Roof Inn.
Washington, DC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

Stay here if you are in a pinch/bind/desperate/. I was. It was either stay here or sleep in my rental car. The rental car was cleaner btw. My room was prepared by "Julie" and didn't have towels. The bathmat was stained and gross. (It's called bleach people! USE IT!) The tub had either not been cleaned or not been updated. Thank goodness there is a dollar store nearby. I cleaned my own bathroom out of necessity. The bed linens were wrinkled and the rug needed to be vacuumed. I was not sure if my door locked so I put the chair in front of it just in case. (Not that it would have helped.) The A/C didn't work well. The thermostat said 68 degrees, but the room was pretty hot and humid. Like I said, I should have slept in the car. I had booked the room for one week based on the location, reviews, and price. I left after one night. I would rather sleep in my rental car than stay here.

The remodeled decor was nice. I like a more modern decor, so this was a plus. And it had a laminate floor which at least could be cleaned properly by Julie, but I don't imagine Julie takes any pride in what she does based on how my room looked when I checked in. It also had a flat screen TV, but it only got a few channels. The wi-fi is a complete joke. If you have work to do or even need to get on the internet to find another hotel because you will want to leave as soon as you get here, good luck with that. I ended up just going to Nordstrom and having dinner and using the internet. I wish I could have slept @ Nordstrom too!

Be careful to review your bill carefully because in my room they try to charge you for a safe you don't use. I made sure they took off the $1.50 charge.

Overall, this is NOT the worst place, but only stay here if you are unwilling to sleep in your car.

PS - Women should be sure to park as close to your room as possible and bring pepper spray because the parking lot is not well lit and this hotel does not attract the best crowd as it were.

Room Tip: Staying @ another hotel is the best way to get a good room @ The Red Roof Inn in Gaithersburg, MD. L...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
    • 1 of 5 stars
3 Thank GodFreeLady
Thank you for taking the time to make of us aware of your concerns-i would like to start by offering you my sinerest apology-I will not make any excuses for my team members. It is very clear to me that" We did not meet your expectaions"..Again, thank you for the feedback-it will help us to improve on our commitment to our customers.
South Salem, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

We stayed for three nights over the Labor Day weekend. Our downstairs room facing the grass courtyard was quiet, clean, and comfortable. It had
a mini-fridge and microwave. The free wi-fi worked but was NOT high-speed and eventually we stopped trying to use it. Be careful: the water can get scalding hot. There is no smoking in the rooms and there are places outside to discard cigarette butts. However, we observed that most smokers just threw the butts on the grass or over the balcony from upstairs. In a high-price area, it was a good value.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank KenMyrna
RedRoofInnRockville, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Washington DC-Rockville, responded to this review, September 12, 2012
Thank you for responding to Tripadvisor-being a good value for the money, is very important to us.We have finished most of the renovations on the property and will continue to improve our product. Again, thank you!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rockville
Sleep Inn Shady Grove
EVEN Hotel Rockville
EVEN Hotel Rockville
#4 of 16 in Rockville
4.5 of 5 stars 265 reviews

Been to Red Roof PLUS+ Washington DC-Rockville? Share your experiences!