All reviews front desk premium room room was clean metro station shady grove ironing board would stay here again fridge and microwave coffee maker claudia rri property surgery washington rates convenience housekeeper
Reviewed June 26, 2012

Air Conditioners did not worri in either of the 2 rooms I stayed in, and it was in the 90s.

The guy that worked the front desk was nice enough, but apparently the only person on staff at night? I went to the front desk around 9 pm to a sign that said "Be Right Back"...

Rooms were not clean.

I did like the upgrades to the rooms, but not attended to well enough, dirty, and A/Cs were from the 70s?!?!?

Date of stay: June 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
2  Thank Craig B
Reviewed June 9, 2012

My family and I ended up staying at this Rockville, MD location because we were in-between moves. The Front Desk Staff, Manager Shirley and Kellie were so kind in greeting me when I entered the lobby. We ended up staying longer than intended. On Sunday late morning, on May 20th, my husband suffered cardiac arrest in our room. I immediately began CPR, and our door was open while my kids were awaiting the EMT ambulance and police which they had called. The hotel maintenance man, Miguel, was walking past our door, saw what was going on and immediately and without hesitation assisted me with CPR until the medics got there. Sad to say, my husband passed away at the hospital ICU unit on Sunday, May 27th. I want to say since I have been here, the ENTIRE managerial Front Desk Staff, maintenance crew of Miguel and Avelino (hope I spelled it correctly), and the ENTIRE cleaning staff have displayed the most professional care and services that we could have ever dreamed of. I would say they "treated us like family"!! They have never been rude or uncaring and they assisted me in moving to another room during their renovation. Our rooms were always clean and stocked! I will definitely refer this Rockville location to my family and friends, and if the rest of your locations nationwide display this type of customer care, I will refer them also. Thank you SO MUCH again and thanks for ALL you do!

Daphne Pollard

Please take the time to personally commend the Rockville Red Roof Inn Staff at Shady Grove Road and Comprint Court. In these hard economical times, you get more than your money's worth at this location!

Room tip: Rooms on the south side are quieter, away from traffic noise.
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank Daphne P
Reviewed May 31, 2012

Compared to rates in hotels in the Washington D.C. area, this is a no brainer. Fairly basic but we found it clean & the renovations are procedding without bothering guests. There is a shuttle to the local Metro that goes into Washington. It runs 9:00 & 10 a.m., but we found if you take the later train, the Metro pass is half off & one can get on & off at the different downtown stations most economically. The return motel shuttle doesn't start until 7:00 p.m. which was too late for these seniors but there is a bus (#48??) that runs back to the hotel.
We missed the coffee machine that most Red Roofs have but there is a free USA Today available.

Room tip: Avoid Connecting door rooms, way too noisy !!!!
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank philindy
Reviewed May 20, 2012

My boyfriend and I drove down to the VA/DC area on Saturday, 5/19, and spent the day in the Rockville area. Exhausted, we checked into the Red Roof around 3pm. First room had an adjoining door, and we had it changed. Next room- the bathtub was disgusting, bathroom floor was not to be walked on without shoes, and dusty. After a 2 hour nap, I awoke with "welts" on my left fingers/hands/ arm, and left side of face. Also, new tiny blood droplets on pillowcase that werent there before I slept, and I showed no signs on bleeding. Trail of bed bugs. At 8 pm we left and drove back to Philadelphia (north of Philadelphia). Got in past midnight. Our clothes have been washed in extra hot water, and a doctor will be seen tomorrow. WELTS. HUGE WELTS.
The parking lot was filled with litter-remnants of McDonalds, etc. Cigarette butts littered the walkways and mulch by the stairs. Alot of questionable looking characters roamed the property with beer in one hand - shoeless.
Being outdated and worn for a hotel is no excuse for bedbugs.
As previously posted, this is not the typical Red Roof. It was formerly another chain.

Room tip: DON'T GO HERE! It is NOT your regular Red Roof style hotel.
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
4  Thank Gypsyfeet317
RedRoofInnRockville, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Washington DC-Rockville, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2012

I received your comments and felt very compelled to respond immediately. We take all customer concerns very seriously- anything involving Bed Bugs become top priority. First of all we are very sorry that your stay was not a pleasant one. We did have ECOLAB ( our pest control vender) come out and do a complete inspection of the room. The inspection is very detailed. There was no evidence of Bed Bugs. We do have documentation of their inspection. ,

Reviewed April 30, 2012

These are the 3 things I deem neccessary to stay in a hotel while out of town.
The hotel is in a safe area, off the road restricting road noise. We were given a renovated room which was very nice and staff kept it clean and stocked. I had a reservation issue of my own doing, but the front office staff was glad to help FIX the problem to my advantage. Front staff is always a giveaway to how the hotel is run and maintained. The staff couldn't have been more courteous and helpful, even night shift, which is usually a problem. "Tom" was more than friendly, he was knowledgable and able to solve any problems I had regarding my reservation. This location is a very short drive to use the DC ell train, less than 3 blocks for train station. I stayed at this hotel 15 yrs ago, and will continue to use this site when I visit DC area. No worries.

Room tip: Ask for a room in the back, no road noise and usually quiet. (337) new ac unit (quiet) If ice machine is out of order staff will get ice for you
Date of stay: April 2012