All reviewsfront deskpremium roomroom was cleanshady groveironing boardwould stay here againeasy accessrrikellypropertywashingtonfrigaccommodationsrateshousekeeper
Reviewed October 19, 2011

Bugs everywhere. Pay by the hour motel. Thin cot-like mattress. No breakfast options. Checked in and out as soon as I looked under the mattress and found dead bugs. Probably bedbugs. The room was also crawling with stinkbugs.

• Stayed: October 2011
2  Thank kuliman22
Reviewed October 8, 2011

I'm pretty savvy and reasonable as far as accepting what I pay for, but this stay has inspired me to warn others, like me, that this is not a place you'll be happy or even able to compromise with. And do not think this is in DC, it is off of the Shady Grove stop, 30 min away by Metro, and about an hour or more driving. The Good (because I don't want to just complain) It's cheap, $45/night through priceline, about a mile from Shady Grove Metro stop, and the staff did accommodate me when I asked to be moved.... but it was still an awful room. The Bad: This should NOT be a 2 star hotel; 1 and a half stars is generous. A Red Roof Inn manager should strip them of the corporate name because they have let this place go to crap without standards. I second everything 'His Princess' mentioned and wish I saw the review before I booked on Oct 6, 2011, the date the review was written. I am a business traveler who relies on internet, and cell phone/data service, both of which were non-existent in my room(s), along with no iron, no hair dryer, a broken remote control, and 1 towel. I'm actually writing this from Burger King across the street now, where I'm ingesting fast food like crazy just to get some emails done. There was serious water damage: mold/mildew made me sick, switched rooms and it was the same story. I checked in and housekeeping was still cleaning.... I sat there and watched her NOT change the sheets from the previous guest, and come to think of it did not see any carts with sheets at all. And the 1 towel I got had a huge wad of someones hair still in it. If that isn't enough of a put off, the area was crawling with prostitutes so... yeah. In the end I was locked in because I went through Priceline (who will be getting my two cents shortly). I ended up buying sheets, an iron, a hair dryer, and a towel for my stay, eventually like 'Marlene' mentioned costing me what I would have paid for a better option in the area. To the Ladies: As a single female traveler, I was afraid to leave my room and walk to the car. This is coming from someone who is not paranoid and has lived in some pretty sketchy places before without a problem. There was no lighting in the parking lot, along with lurking contractors, prostitutes who came out at night, and no cell phone service to call for help should there be a problem.

Room Tip: Do Not Book through Priceline!
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank gambitos
RedRoofInnRockville, Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Washington DC-Rockville, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2011

Dear Guest...We do apologize for all of you concerns. In order to better address them, we would appreciate a phone call. Please call us at 301-987-0965-at your earliest convenience. Thank you so much for your feedback! Shirley and Claudia.

Reviewed September 22, 2011

I was in the area for business and had a great experience with the staff. The room was clean and the staff gave great suggestions on places to eat and things to see. The rate was great considering how expensive hotels are the Washington, D.C. area. I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed September 21, 2011

The room was clean and Miguel Diaz was very helpful to me .

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 20, 2011

I stayed recently and was really impressed with the level of customer service and quality I recieved. I had been traveling for hours and traffic was horrible, I was so tired and cranky and ready for some relaxation. After arriving at the hotel, I walked into the lobby and was pleasantly greeted by the representative that was there. I was checked in very quickly and needed some information on food delivery and some directions for my meeting the next morning. The representative recommended a food delivery service and gave me a menu, also gave me very detailed directions and did everything with a smile. I got to my room and was so happy to see I had a nice, clean and cozy room waiting for me. I have been to many other places that were so unacceptable that it was wonderful to not have to call the front desk and complain or have my room changed. The food recommended was good and I got a good nights rest. The next morning I recieved the same EXCELLENT customer service experience as I did the night before and got a great cup of coffee to top it off. It's hard to find good customer service these days or a nice clean room at an affordable price. This Red Roof Inn has my business for now on. I would recommend this hotel to family, friends or anyone looking for a great place to stay.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business