New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #10 of 16 Hotels in Rockville
Princeton, West Virginia
“What An Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2011

I stayed recently and was really impressed with the level of customer service and quality I recieved. I had been traveling for hours and traffic was horrible, I was so tired and cranky and ready for some relaxation. After arriving at the hotel, I walked into the lobby and was pleasantly greeted by the representative that was there. I was checked in very quickly and needed some information on food delivery and some directions for my meeting the next morning. The representative recommended a food delivery service and gave me a menu, also gave me very detailed directions and did everything with a smile. I got to my room and was so happy to see I had a nice, clean and cozy room waiting for me. I have been to many other places that were so unacceptable that it was wonderful to not have to call the front desk and complain or have my room changed. The food recommended was good and I got a good nights rest. The next morning I recieved the same EXCELLENT customer service experience as I did the night before and got a great cup of coffee to top it off. It's hard to find good customer service these days or a nice clean room at an affordable price. This Red Roof Inn has my business for now on. I would recommend this hotel to family, friends or anyone looking for a great place to stay.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2011

I stayed here for a week and i really needed a microwave in my room but they were rude to me and told me I couldn't get a room with a microwave because i booked the room through priceline and told me to call priceline directly to get the room type changed. I called priceline and told them that I needed a room with a microwave, priceline tried contacting the hotel for me and talked to a girl named kelly(same girl I talked to) who told them that she couldn't do it because I booked the room through them. What was the point of telling me to contact Priceline?

Room is pretty bad as well. During my stay here, the toilet broke 2 times, 2 of the lights didn't work., and there were bugs and spiders in the room! Avoid this hotel.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
3 Thank harsh0705
RedRoofInnRockville, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Washington DC-Rockville, responded to this review, September 20, 2011
We are Sorry to hear about your stay last week. We appreciate your feedback-In order to better serve you during this stay,we are sending a member of our maintenance team to your room. He will take care of any issues you may have .Please let us know ( by calling the front desk) if you have other concerns during your stay.Accept our apology and we hope this stay will be a positive one.
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

I booked a room there through Priceline and they insisted on giving me a room with no fridge or microwave with double beds. They ridiculously would not let me upgrade my room (I was willing to pay whatever it was) and told me thats what I get for buying a "cheap room" Guess what, brainiacs- if you didnt sell rooms through Priceline- your hotel would be half empty and ALL of you would be out of a job !!!

Room Tip: Rooms starting with a 1 or 2 are closer but if you have big bags- there is NO elevator !
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
RedRoofInnRockville, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Washington DC-Rockville, responded to this review, September 13, 2011
Mr.Mclaurin sorry for the confusion. You are correct-without guests we would not have jobs! Priceline is very strict with their policy of not changing a reservation. I actually spoke with them (in your presense) attempting to get them to change it for you. Compare prices-most times if you call the property they may be willing to give you the priceline rate-with a lot less red-tape. Thanks for your comments-we really do appreciate all feed-back.
Shirley Jordan G.M
Binghamton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

I've stayed at this inn three times now and have been pleased with the location (easy to reach multiple destinations around Washington, D.C.), the well-kept property, the quietness, and the proximity to a number of shops and eating places, without it being in the middle of a large retail hub.

The staff is very pleasant and seems to truly care about the visitors. The room lighting is a bit dim and there's not a lot of desk space, but that wasn't essential to me. Everything was clean.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Rockville, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2011

Service is excellent! Top notch! Couldn't ask for anything more.
Basic necessities are always readily available, and the rooms are always clean.
Staff is very friendly, respectful and extremely patient.
Location is easily accessible and within good distance to eateries.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
Rockville, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2011

The Red Roof Inn was a really good experience. The room was clean and easily accessible. Also, there is a Burger King right across the street and one block away are italian, thai, and other places to eat and a bank. Very convenient! But, most of all, the staff are extremely helpful and super friendly. I needed help getting my iPad charged even though I left the charger at home and they were really happy to help me out, watch my luggage after check out time while I went to eat, and with anything else I needed. It was really terrific and 'neighbor' friendly; very refreshing for any stay, especially in Washington DC, and for a Red Rood Inn price. In particular, the manager Shirley Jordan was a pleasure to talk with while I waited for my cab -- really awesome!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2011

Safe area, good motel with good service and nice people. (quality)

• Stayed August 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rockville
Sleep Inn Shady Grove
EVEN Hotel Rockville
EVEN Hotel Rockville
#4 of 16 in Rockville
4.5 of 5 stars 259 reviews

Been to Red Roof PLUS+ Washington DC-Rockville? Share your experiences!