Courtyard by Marriott Rockville
$78
Hilton.com
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 40% below average rates

The price you found is 40% lower than this hotel's average rate of $129/night.

$125
$107
CambriaHotels
  • Pool
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $123/night.

$109
$149
Homewood
$111
$99
Savings alert! 32% below average rates

The price you found is 32% lower than this hotel's average rate of $145/night.

$94
Radisson
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $107/night.

$73
$103
$84
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 25% below average rates

The price you found is 25% lower than this hotel's average rate of $112/night.

Sleep Inn Shady Grove(Rockville)(Great Value!)
$76
$71
Sheraton Rockville Hotel(Rockville)(Great Value!)
$101
Sheraton.com
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of $125/night.

All reviewsstandard courtyardclean roomsnice lobbystay there againshady grove metro stationbed was comfortablewashington dcbistroplatinumhighwayhospitaldeskmeetinggm
Reviewed June 11, 2012

Let me start off by saying ...I admit to being a “hotel snob”....But this weekend I was a basketball parent in disguise !!!

This Courtyard by Marriott was in a fairly good location off the highway and close to a variety of stores, shops and eateries. Good price with my AAA.

We were attending a tournament at the Discovery Sports Complex for the weekend. We were approx 10-12 minutes away from the sports complex.

The new lobby was great, large screen TV’s in the lounge pit, and small sitting pods which had smaller flat screens for a more personal touch.
We found that not only did the small pod areas have TV’s but you could play games on them as well .....that was a very good addition along with four computer stations!!!

The Bistro was nice, service was fairly quick. Besides a few basketball teams there were Girl Scouts, a family reunion group and a senior group....It would have been nice to have to two registers...but they managed ok with one. Taking each order with care and personalized service. Pricing was a little high ...as to be expected. I paid $12 for 2 eggs, bacon, toast and potatoes and tea. Food was warm...I like “hot” food.

Rooms were neat and clean, good size flat screen TV
The beds....were basic, a little low to the ground (not your JW Marriott...lol) I was a little disappointed in the beds but managed ( linen was crisp and clean)
I think my bigger disappointment was ...when we returned at 2:30pm... our room had not been serviced by housekeeping ( my pet peeve)...after playing 3 games...out since 7am its nice to return to a clean, cool room!

The inner courtyard of the hotel was nice, relaxing ...you can see the pool from many areas of the hotel. ( all areas were neat and clean) ....a few too many “gnats” during the evening but we just relocated to the inner lobby which had a good view to the inner outside courtyard.
Never really heard any noise from the hospital near by, I did noticed that there were 3 other Marriott properties within a 4 block radius.

Tolia was great when checking in he was professional yet personal and friendly.

Overall the stay was good the price was right, excellent choice with nine 11 year old basketball players.

My actual rating would be a little better than Average...A great choice for families and groups!
....as the "hotel snob" is would rate OK.

Room Tip: Get a room facing the inner courtyard with a open balcony! (open slats, so you can see your view of the inner courtyard while sitting)
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
William D, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Rockville, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2012

I'd like to personally thank you for your comments.

Reviewed May 9, 2012

First the positives: once they acknowledged that two people were waiting, the front desk staff were friendly and quick to check me in. They gave me bottled water because I have gold status at Marriott. I was give my choice of floor at check in. The lobby is nicely updated with the new cafe, computer terminals etc. I ordered a sandwich from the cafe and even the lettuce and tomato were fresh --it was not pre-packaged.

Now the negatives: to get to the third floor one had to walk the entire length of the first floor room area. Hallways are dark and dingy. No vending machines. The phone in my room did not work unless the front desk was calling me! They forgot to put my checkout receipt under the door. Sirens all day/night because the hotel is near a hospital.

It was bearable for a one night business trip but I would not recommend for a repeat or extended visit.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
William D, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Rockville, responded to this reviewResponded May 11, 2012

Thank you for your comments. We will be renovating all of our rooms and hallways in the fourth quarter of this year. Hopefully this will solve some of the problems you mentioned.
Again we appreciate your feedback.

Reviewed March 27, 2012

Firstly fair do's - the Property is a nicely remodeled 'bistro' series Courtyard which means it has a breakfast/lunch/dinner bar instead of the old 'buffet vs restaurant' facilities prevalent elsewhere with the brand. The room was great, the WiFi slow but passable and FOC....the traffic noise (my pet peeve) none too bad - considering it's near an ER.....and the folks on Front Desk and in front office could NOT have been nicer or more considerate.

Except that is for the night manager who called my room at 1am to demand 'Who are you?' - never mind he had my AmEX card, my Marriott Rewards ID and Drivers License number all on file.....apparently I was sleeping soundly and this is forbidden? More seriously, maybe he has day job as interrogator for CIA?

The management here acknowledged and gave me a free breakfast as a perk but really I hardly think that was enough of a compensation. A free night (after all who can sleep after being woken and peppered with questions after midnight?) might have been appropriate.

My suggestion - before you start to nod off of a night, disconnect the room phone.

Midnight Renditions excepted - Rooms on the east side of the hotel are quieter than those to the west or south; the internet 'cafe' in the lobby was convenient, and there were TWO exercise rooms which was nice.

There is a fabulous Italian Eatery literally across the street...walk is only 2-3 mins...very worthwhile.
So recommend? Yes - just unplug the phone and ignore the Marriott's Trainee Gestapo.
PS - Like many of my hotel picks - check Priceline FIRST....mmmkay?

Room Tip: East side of Property was quieter
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank butlinz
William D, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Rockville, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2012

I apologize for any inconvienience. Unfortuneately we had a guest in the hotel that was calling other guest rooms. Again please accept my apology.

Reviewed February 19, 2012

great on-the-go breakfast available and starbucks coffee. Clean rooms, interactive map in te lobby and fabulous Italian restaurant across the street. I live-saver for us after a long day.

Room Tip: find out how far you are from the elevator. the property is lare with elevator in the center of the complex.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank hansen7128
William D, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Rockville, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2012

Thank you for your comments about our hotel.
We hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed December 23, 2011

I love this place. Great service, friendly staff, clean rooms, reasonable rates. And, the manager Victor will do anything to make your stay pleasant. Keep up the good work!

• Stayed: December 2011