“Standard Courtyard In a Good Way”

Courtyard Rockville
Ranked #9 of 14 Hotels in Rockville
Reviewed June 1, 2011

Pretty much what I expect in a Courtyard. Nice clean rooms and property, Bed was comfortable, bath worked well with plenty of hot water. AC worked great and they were in the middle of a heat wave with temps of 98 degs. Staff very helpful and friendly. Good parking and seemed like a very safe area.
Not a lot of restaurant choices nearby, but I do recommend the Hard Times Cafe for burgers and beer. Fun place with good food.
The restaurant in the hotel is eh... nothing special and over priced. Breakfast there is OK but dinner looks poor. I only had breakfast.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business

Reviewed April 5, 2011

When I arrived, I had trouble identifying the main entrance because it was more clearly marked with the name of the restaurant inside than the name of the hotel. When I walked in, it was also incredibly noisy and the front desk workers were all chatting, so I had to ask if I was in the right place. Everyone was friendly, though, and I got checked-in quickly. My room was in the back (as requested) and felt a little unsafe as there were many doors leading to the parking lot. People piggy-back through locked doors too much for me to feel 100% safe. The room was outdated but comfortable... I wish I'd at least had a fridge as I was staying for business for several days. And/or a microwave? I liked that the sink was outside the bathroom, but wish the entire room had better lighting. No matter how many lights I used, they were never bright and always in the wrong place. Hard to do makeup in a dim mirror. The bathroom was fine: small and dim, with no hot water. Luke-warm water does not make for a refreshing shower. I liked having a balcony and the large flatscreen, but wish the desk was a little easier to use. There were plenty of outlets, all in the right places, but the desk was just too narrow and I hate the pullout ones on wheels. There was a comfy sitting area and plenty of storage space. Location-wise, it's very convenienet off I-270, but there is an unfortunate lack of nearby gas stations. Be sure to ask the desk for directions as you'll waste gas driving around trying to find one yourself. I also wish there was a little pamphlet or something with nearby attractions... but perhaps there's just nothing of interest nearby. It would at least have been nice to have a map with the closest metro stop included in the room. I also wish there was room service but I'm not so lazy that I can't get up and walk to the noisy lobby for dinner, even if I was tired after driving 6 hours to arrive at this hotel. Overall, it was nice, just not a standout hotel to which I want to return.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed December 31, 2010

JUst what we were looking for. Perfect location for us; spacious clean rooms with good sized bathrooms. Hotel facilities perfectly adequate, nice breakfast and friendly staff.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank correspondence_x
Reviewed July 18, 2010

We stayed 1 night at the Courtyard Rockville and found it to be perfect for our needs. If you are just looking for a stop over place that is clean with a comfortable bed, this is it. We had a king sized room with a pull out sofa. We didn't use the couch for anything other than sittng on. There is a standard tube tv in the room. There was no mini refrigerator or microwave. We did use Marriott points to stay here and I do not think that it should be classified a tier 2 hotel (10,000 points) it should be a tier 1 in my opinion. I think that the only reason that it is a 2 is because this is Rockville.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 25, 2010

I tradtionally stay at Marriott branded hotels when I travel and general find them appealing. Courtyard Marriott is a step down from the signature Marriott hotels. When I travel I look at a couple main components (bed, gym, shower and reception area and room). They've revamped the main lobby which is nice, the bed was ok, shower was decent, but the gym consisted of 3 cardio machines in what almost seems like a converted closet and the tv is an older projection tv. All in all it's an ok place, but would probably stay in a different location if in the area

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed March 10, 2010

Nice place for my purpose: somewhere comfy and convenient to crash after multiple 12-hour workdays.
Best: the Bistro; worst: the Bistro - it has a nice variety of fresh and well-prepared food, pleasant ambiance, a delightful multi-national staff, very reasonable prices - and is very, very slow. I opted to grin and wait; it was worth it.
My only other gripes were that they did something to damp the otherwise good wireless Internet reception (I could do real well out in the car but dead slow in my rooms), little maintenance chores weren't done, and the bedding is just a little lightweight for my preferences. Sounds like I didn't like it, but I really did. My room smelled delicious every time I came "home" to bed. Attractive, clean, modern, all non-smoking, easy parking, pleasant staff, quick service, good Internet at the 3 public computers. So nice to have dinner and bed in the same building. Didn't use the indoor pool but it looked nice. Has a courtyard; might be a good summer event venue.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed February 12, 2010

Nice Hotel which looks recently renovated. Unfotunately not one staff member from Assistant Manager to Busboy have any idea about the hotel business or how to address customer complaints.
The assistant manager acts more like a dishwasher than a hotel manager.
These unprofessionals charged me double for my stay and after two weeks of unreturned phone calls, they have yet to credit my account.
Guard your credit card with your life. No one at this property has an idea on how to run a Hotel. The restaurant operates more like a roadside cantina than a Marriott restaurant.
This is my second terrible experience at a Marriott property. I AM FINISHED WITH MARRIOTT AND WILL NEVER EVER STAY AT MARRIOTT AGAIN.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business