$134
$128
$119
Homewood
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $139/night.

$153
$130
Hilton.com
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of $164/night.

$119
GardenInn.com
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of $151/night.

Sleep Inn Shady Grove(Rockville)(Great Value!)
$67
$80
$101
$109
$116
$107
  • Restaurant
1,039 results
All reviewspotatoeswafflesshuttle servicefree shuttlemetro stationfree breakfasthot breakfastdc areathe breakfast areahotel shuttlefront desk staffvisiting familyoutdoor poolking bedbusiness centerbwcereal
Reviewed February 24, 2010

We really enjoyed our stay at this establishment. The shuttle service was wonderful and the front desk staff made us feel very welcome. Our only issue was the temperature in the room on our first night, but it was much more comfortable our second night.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 20, 2010

We were visiting the area and stayed four nights at the hotel, in a suite, with a very decent Web rate from hotels.com. The suite was very large and nicely appointed. It appeared to have been recently updated. Having a separate bedroom from the sitting room is a nice bonus, as many "suites" in other hotels merely have sitting areas. The place was clean, and the breakfast was very good. Most of the staff was very nice and very helpful. However, the gentleman who checked us in on the night of 12/28 had a very negative attitude and was particularly unhelpful. He claimed he could not find our reservation, although I had the hotels.com confirmation information. He then proceeded to badmouth hotels.com. When he finally "found" the reservation, it was clear that the mistake was his, but he did not apologize. Later that week, the hot water was turned off, and the same man was very unsympathetic and acted as if he could care less. No offer was made to make it right, even though we spent a whole day without hot water. Finally, the fitness room had extremely old and wobbly equipment (especially the treadmill).

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 28, 2009

Staying for 3 nights with an 18 month old in a pack and play (am at the hotel now).

Highlights: able to get an excellent discounted rate on the website; breakfast spread was great as many reviewers noted, location is very convenient with a vehicle; convenient and excellent eating opportunities nearby if you have a vehicle; room has large mini fridge and microwave (1970's crank dial microwave, but it works....); request for a pack and play (made ahead of time) quickly honored and item delivered within 5 minutes of occupying room

Lowlights: room needed better dusting; shower head had some unspeakably gross scuzz growing on it; front desk did not answer two separate times when I called down; phone connection very static-y; and when I finally walked down to the front desk to request some assistance for a problem with the TV the reply was, "I don't have a maintenance guy tonight for some reason, they just... [some story]... there's nothing I can do to help you, sorry." I offered the resolution of inquiring tomorrow during regular hours- but that was not given to me after the part about "there's nothing I can do..."; tourbus of guests meant an elevator line that went through the lobby to the front door (I wandered my way through the back hallways to find a staircase).

So overall, in a world of ridiculously overpriced hotels in the DC metro area, this one stands out as a great value, in large part because of the discounted rate ($65/night for Sun-Weds) and the nice breakfast spread. I would stay here again since none of the issues I brought up are dealbreakers by a long shot. That being said, many of the reviews make this place sound like a four-star hotel, and that it is not.

Great Thai food about a mile away at http://www.thaifarmrestaurant.com/index.html- need a car though.

Happy travels.

-Happylifeingood

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank Happylifeingood
Reviewed November 16, 2009

this hotel was a great choice as we were shuttled to and from the Metro in a very timely fashion. which was a Godsend with a 13 yr old and 1 year old and stroller. the staff greeted you with a smile and the breakfasts...WOW!!! Eggs, Sausage, pancakes, potatoes, waffles, cereal, coffee, juice...best of all... it was included in the room. Whats more...downtown Rockville awesome!!! Great eats and a water play area for kids!!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed October 21, 2009

The location this hotel was great-right off the highway-not very far from DC and all the tourist attractions. The accomodations were pretty basic and standard. I think I got a good place to stay and good service for a great price....Free parking, free internet (wi-fi), and free breakfast...I will stay here when I'm in the area again.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple