I was attending a conference in downtown DC but chose to stayed at the Best Western Plus in Rockville to save a few dollars. Also, I used to live in the area before moving to Baltimore and I really loved the community so this was as good excuse as any to go back. This hotel has a ton of pluses and I'm so glad I found it.
Free shuttle service to the metro (about 2 miles away) and to the Rockville Town Center (alittle over a mile away). The hotel was easy to find with plenty of (free) parking. For anyone that spends any time in the Washington DC area, you know free parking is right up there with seeing Bigfoot: there are rumors of its existence but no actual sightings. The parking lot wasn't full at all so I could pull up and go right on in. The staff at the hotel from the registration desk people to the shuttle driver was really friendly and professional. My room was on one of the upper level floors and looked out to the back of the property. Yeah, I could hear the cars on the interstate but the trees and other foliage covered it really well.
I stayed in a room with a king sized bed and I have to say that was probably one of the best night sleep's I ever had. I NEVER sleep well in a hotel and this was such an exception to that rule. Big, fluffy (but firm) pillows and a good mattress. It sounds crazy but that kind of made my whole trip, being able to sleep in a really comfy bed.
I stayed two nights and felt great. As an aside, the hotel has probably the best smelling complimentary lotion I've ever had. It smelled like roses and lavendar. It might not be what a man would want but I was charmed! If you want to experience DC but you're on a budget, this place is perfect for you. I would definitely stay there again, no question. My only regret is I didn't get any of the breakfast! From what I saw, it looked fantastic!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- When visiting the greater Washington DC area, stay at the BEST WESTERN PLUS Rockville Hotel & Suites. With 164 non-smoking guest rooms and suites, FREE parking, FREE breakfast and FREE Wi-Fi, you'll be hard pressed to find a better deal. Our prime location is convenient for work and play in Rockville Maryland and is just 12 miles north of the greater Washington DC area and directly off I-270 also known as Maryland's Technology Corridor. Our hotel is near historical sites, lovely parks, major corporations, government agencies and family attractions. Family, business, kid and pet friendly accommodations to suit your needs for a comfortable and relaxing stay... Traveling with an RV - no worries - bring it and park for the night or the weekend, there is plenty of space. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Best Western, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Agoda, HotelQuickly and HotelsClick so you can book your Best Western Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Rockville Hotel And Suites
- Best Western Plus Rockville Hotel Rockville
- Best Western Rockville Hotel
- Rockville Best Western