“Excellent Hotel in DC area” 5 of 5 stars

BEST WESTERN Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites
Ranked #6 of 16 Hotels in Rockville
GreenLeadersSilver level
Worcester, Ma, United States
“Excellent Hotel in DC area”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

I spent 6 nights here. I booked on Groupon and got an excellent deal. This hotel is an outstanding value and is suitable for all kinds of travelers be it business, families, couples, etc. I felt very comfortable here and the breakfast was a cut above most hotel breakfast buffets. The only problem I had was regulating the heat but that was minor to me, and did not detract from the stay. If you're in the DC area and need a quiet clean comfortable and friendly place to stay, this is it!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

CWHotels, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, December 23, 2013
Teresa –

Thanks for your kind words. I will certainly share them with our team… we really have a great team here – and clearly that shows through. Smart move to book with Groupon! That was a great deal we ran!

We hope to see you here again soon at the BEST WESTERN PLUS Rockville Hotel & Suites. Please share your experience with your friends and family. If you are on social media: Facebook, please like us at /BestWesternPlusRockville and on twitter follow us at /BWRockville. Also check out our Facebook page for our specials for added savings!

Director of Sales

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
  • Korean first
Rockville, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

This Hotel is poorly run construction everywhere. l paid the hotel bill then I was getting calls that bill wasn't paid.. Besides that the place smelled like glue. Elevators was stopped for construction. And the front desk was clueless. There are much better Hotels in the area I would recommend something near Dulles Airport

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars

1 Thank Laurie F
CWHotels, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
Laurie, thank you for taking time to give us your feedback. Good news, our renovations are complete! We have finished a complete refresh of our guestroom hallways, elevator landings, elevators and lobby! They look great! I hope you will have a chance to come and see them soon. I think you will really like our enhancements. I’m sorry for the inconvenience regarding the elevators. Yes, we did have to take them out off service (one at a time) to retile their floors.

North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

I had a difficult time believing that I was going to get so much for my money; I did. They were working on the floor infront of the elevators, but even the workmen were very nice. The room was very nice. I stayed in the Ritz two weeks ago. It was not that nice, but for a fraction of the money it was a great deal.They have free coffee in the lobby 24/7 as well as in your room. I had heard about the breakfast and it was very good. Not the best, but very good. The people serving were as nice as any you are going to meet anywhere.
I decided to leave my car and use there shuttle service to get me to the metro and back. Great way to handle traffic in an unfamilar city.
Used the fitness center. They only have 5 machines and some basic weights, but everything was clean and worked well. Since I was there before 4:30 AM on a Saturday I knew I was not going to have much company. A lady came in before 5 and I let her change the channel.
Staff at the desk was very nice when I explained I would be leaving a day early to try and beat the ice storm moving into the area.
Ate at the restaurant two nights. Very limited selection, but it is convient and the man at the bar, who also seemed to be the cook was very nice.

Room Tip: You have a busy road on both sides, so all you can do is go up. We were on the 7th floor. You could...
Green Features: They asked you to think about your use of towels. Other than that I did not see any.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
CWHotels, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
Bill, I’m so glad you enjoyed your stay with us! We really have a great team and I will pass your note on to them. Smart idea to leave the car when going to Washington, DC. Between our free parking and free shuttle to the metro – it’s actually faster and cheaper to see DC that way. I’m glad you liked the restaurant. It’s very causal…we added it not that long ago just for those that are just too tired to venture out to one of the countless restaurants all within just a couple miles from us… just steps away via our free shuttle.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

My stay at this hotel was enjoyable. My bed was very comfortable. I finally got a good night of sleep. the hotel location was conveniently located near the area in which I had to work. The business center had everything that was needed.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Tom, thank you so much for taking the time to give us your feedback! We really are the perfect hotel for the corporate traveler… and are very popular with many of the local companies that surround our hotel. I’m so glad to hear we made your business travel just a little bit easier.

Rehboth Beach, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

As always, the Best Western Rockville was warm, welcoming, and comfortable. The staff, services, and accommodations are all first rate. The bed is delightful and we always get a great night's sleep. We also love the mini refrigerator (we can bring our own favorite beverages). The hot breakfast is outstanding. Whenever we need to go to Washington, we would prefer to stay here!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Nancy, aww… you are making me blush! Thank you so much for your kind words. We love getting great reviews … but getting great reviews from guests that have been with us before is even better!! Returning to a hotel is the biggest compliment you can give a hotel…so thank you… and I will pass your kind comments to the team. We really are a hidden gem… I trust you have noticed all our refreshing updates we have added at the hotel.

West Orange, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

We had asked for a quiet room and got exactly that on the 7th floor. We were able to control the room temperature to our specific needs. Mattress was just the right firmness. Breakfast was outstanding, and we were glad to see that instant oatmeal packets had been added from the time of our visit last month. Both times the selection was great - you start with a waffle station, then a fridge with yogurt, milk and 3 dried cereals, apples, oranges, toast, varied mini muffins, and 3 hot dishes: sausage/bacon, sauteed potatoes with onions and peppers - done just right and finally the eggs. Coffee station was good with OJ,cranberry, apple juices. And there was good coffee available in the lobby throughout the day, I mentioned that their was no half and half, and the person behind the counter immediately brought some out for me from the kitchen - a nice touch at the end of a tiring day.Overall a relaxing place to stay, about 30 minutes real time from middle of NW Washington.Plan to be back next month!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

CWHotels, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, December 4, 2013
Robert, thank you so much for your kind words!

Funny you noticed the oatmeal was added to our free breakfast buffet. We really do listen to our guest feedback and really do take it to heart. Our guests asked that we add healthy choices to our buffet. So along with the yogurt and sugar free cereal – we also added wheat bread, fresh fruit and yes… oatmeal.

We look forward to seeing you next month at the BEST WESTERN PLUS Rockville Hotel & Suites. Please share your experience with your friends and family. If you are on social media: Facebook, please like us at /BestWesternPlusRockville and on twitter follow us at /BWRockville. Also check out our Facebook page for our specials for added savings!

Harrisburg, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

Had to get out of house for holidays because family extended their stay and was driving me crazy. I booked spur of the moment and arrived in the wee hours and checked out the next day. So I didn't get a chance to really enjoy and use all of the amenities this hotel has - which is quite few. All staff was friendly. There is ample free parking. There is a gift shop and restaurant that was closed when I arrived. There is room service from this restaurant that offers pizza and wing type food. The free breakfast is a full one and not just continental. It offers self served waffles, scrambled eggs, potatoes, bacon/sausage, cereal, oatmeal, fruit, bread etc.. The breakfast area is spacious with lots of tables and chairs to sit and with a tv to eat it if you don't want to take it to your room. There is an outdoor pool, fitness center and business center. All look to be in good condition. I was given a handicap room, which was one of the last rooms available. It was clean, spacious with a walk in shower with a seat. The room was tidy; however, there were residuals of left over seeds or stems of fruit from previous guest on the night stand. I just wiped them in the trash, hey, it was better than staying home. The tv, iron, medium sized fridge and microwave were all in working order. The king size bed was comfy and there are lots of pillow varying in softness. I was near the elevator so I heard the bell from people coming and going. However, it can be subsided by placing the fan on all the time if you can sleep through such. Dogs are also allowed in this hotel, but fortunate not to hear them. No option for express check out; however, it was went smoothly. The hotel puts a hold of a certain amount on debit cards and it is cleared after awhile, so I'll see. Overall, I'd definitely stay again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

CWHotels, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
Shelley, I don’t know if I should say this, but I actually chuckled when I read your review. Many hotels suggest discounts for out of town guests… but I think I like your idea better ... YOU be the guest and have your family stay in your home. I’m so glad we could he your last minute oasis.