There is one person at check in that has to do it all - answer phones, contact maintenance, and check people in. A hotel of this size should have more than one person on duty. The makeover of this old 1970s Ramada Inn tower is nice. Elevators are new and fresh looking. There is artwork on the walls leading to the rooms. And the overall facility is clean, with plenty of parking. Management has done a very nice job.
Now, the main problem. Door slamming. It doesn't matter if it is 2 in the afternoon or 10 at night. Slam! Slam! Slam! It sounds like gunshots ringing out in the hallway. When you check in they YELLOW MARKER over your rate, smoking citation fees, check out time, etc - which is kind of tacky in itself. Perhaps they should have the guest write "I WILL NOT SLAM DOORS UPON ENTRY OR LEAVING OF MY GUEST ROOM AT ANY TIME." This is a known issue. Look at previous complaints dating from a few years back. To the management of this hotel: you have spent how much money renovating a very old building? Honestly, how much would it cost to put padding around the door frames or tighter hinges on the doors? Think I am being overly dramatic about this issue - try having any peace and quiet outside of about 1 in the morning til 5 in the morning without having a door slam so hard in the hallway it wakes you up to the point of startling you. As I have written this view at 7 AM, the doors have been slammed in the hallway at least a dozen times. I'm not talking about gently letting doors close, it sounds like people are getting mad at each other and just opening up their door and kicking it shut. Even housekeeping, lets the doors slam shut. Management - try sitting in a room and listen to how loud it is. That is what your COURTEOUS guests have to listen to trying to work, trying to sleep, trying to do anything! SLAM! SLAM! SLAM!
There are much higher end properties in the Rockville/Gaithersburg area that are very reasonable in price that probably have adequate hinges on the doors. I have suspicions on some of the 5 star reviews for this hotel as most of them are written by guests with "1 review." The breakfast of runny eggs, overly seasoned potatoes, and bacon can be found elsewhere. Most hotels have shuttles. Until the door slamming issue is resolved, you won't get any rest here, and isn't that the main point of staying in a hotel?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- When visiting the greater Washington DC area, stay at the BEST WESTERN PLUS Rockville Hotel & Suites. With 164 non-smoking guest rooms and suites, FREE parking, FREE breakfast and FREE Wi-Fi, you'll be hard pressed to find a better deal. Our prime location is convenient for work and play in Rockville Maryland and is just 12 miles north of the greater Washington DC area and directly off I-270 also known as Maryland's Technology Corridor. Our hotel is near historical sites, lovely parks, major corporations, government agencies and family attractions. Family, business, kid and pet friendly accommodations to suit your needs for a comfortable and relaxing stay... Traveling with an RV - no worries - bring it and park for the night or the weekend, there is plenty of space. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Orbitz, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Priceline so you can book your BEST WESTERN Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Rockville Hotel Rockville
- Best Western Plus Rockville Hotel And Suites
- Best Western Rockville Hotel
- Rockville Best Western