“Surprisingly, an overall good experience”

Best Western Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites
Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Rockville
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed April 18, 2011

When I thought of Best Western the first thing that came to mind was flower print walls and comforters but to my surprise when I looked online and saw the rooms it was the opposite. We were going to stay at the hilton but I choose the bestwestern after signing up for the rewards and found a great promotion at the time. Its always a gamble booking online and ending up with something different in person but what we saw online is what we got. We were very pleased with our stay, there were just a few things I would like to bring to attention. The vent that ran constantly was a little annoying when trying to sleep. Also when taking a shower the water drained very slow. The pillows while we very eye pleasing were not as comfortable as they seamed, waking up with a sore neck is not how one would like to start their day. It was nice to have a variety offered for breakfast but the bagels and bread were hard and not fresh, loved the hash browns. I would like to say that the staff from front desk, maid service and attendants at breakfast were very professional and always wore a smile which made us feel very welcomed and taken care of. Aside the small things here and there that I mentioned which im sure isnt common or something that is expected all the time. We would definitly come here again for our weekend getaway from our busy lives and children.

Room Tip: look for promotions
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
CWHotels, Director of Sales at Best Western Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2011

It sounds like you keep busy, especially, with children, so thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. I have to agree with you, Best Western hotels are a lot different than we remember them as kids. As a matter of fact, the company now has two descriptors, plus and premier, denoting even more amenities and upgrades than the core band. We are proud to be a plus hotel. I will pass on your kind words to our operations team and your few concerns so they can be remedied. We look forward to your return on your next weekend getaway.

Reviewed April 11, 2011

We've stayed at this hotel in the past and chose it again because it's clean, comfortable and has good rates. This time there were a series of mistakes that make you wonder if they don't need to tighten up their procedures. First of all, we were given keys to a room and when we opened the door we found it was occupied. Then we were taken to a room on another floor and the keys didn't work. Finally, we got in our room. Later in the day I went back to the room to get something and again the key didn't work.

When we got home I checked our credit card statement and found they had applied two holds on our account totaling more than three times our room rate.

We hope this is just a fluke and are willing to give them another try.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple

I’m so sorry for the inconvenience and on behalf of our staff I would like to say that this is NOT our normal process. But, as you were here before, and based on other posts here, you know this is not our standard practice. Also, in these competitive times, thank you so much for your understanding and returning to us on your next visit. After you make your reservation, please email me via Trip Advisors, and I will be glad to watch your reservation just to be sure there are no other “comical incidences.”

Reviewed April 7, 2011

While planning our family spring break trip to Washington, DC, I found the Best Western / Rockville on line. It seemed like a good deal so I signed us up. Well, we were not disappointed! This turned out to be a great place. Great, friendly, and helpful staff. Great hot breakfast. Comfortable rooms. Good location - two or three miles from the subway. All in all, a great experience.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
CWHotels, Director of Sales at Best Western Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2011

Thank you so much for your kind review! We really are a little hidden gem. We never get tired of getting nice compliments about our hotel and the service we provide. Word of mouth seems to be our best marketing campaign, so please tell your friends and family about your wonderful experience in the Washington, DC area. We look forward to seeing you again, soon.

Reviewed April 4, 2011

Stayed here for 5 days on a family vacation to DC this winter. Great breakfast choices and very nice hotel. We booked on line and got a great rate. We were able to have a big breakfast, commute to DC for sightseeing, and return to the hotel in the evening. There is a large grocery store a short drive from the hotel, and the room had a fridge and microwave, so we were able to buy snacks to keep in the room (we were traveling with a young child, so we didn't miss not having a restaurant near the hotel; it was just easier for us to eat a big breakfast, have a nice lunch out somewhere, and then just have something light in our room for supper). Hotel seemed to be in a nice upscale area (read: safe neighborhood!) and was convenient to the highway. Would definitely recommend this place to family travelers. Only down side is that it would be nice if there was an indoor pool.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family
CWHotels, Director of Sales at Best Western Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. It’s always great to hear our guests are happy with our service. I have to agree our hot full American breakfast buffet is real hit – we get numerous compliments about it weekly, I hope your next visit will be in the spring when out outdoor is open. We look forward to being our host again soon.

Director Sales & Marketing

Reviewed February 26, 2011

I am an extended stay guest of this hotel and have remained largely due to the overall quality and service. It has an excellent location with easy access to DC by car or Metro. The rooms are newly decorated, comfotable and quiet. The staff is always extremely helpful and the Manager Ron has done a superb job of developing his staff and pleasing his guests. The complimentary full breakfast buffet is a great way to start the day. I highly recommend this hotel for any category of traveler.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
CWHotels, Director of Sales at Best Western Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2011

Thank you so much for your kind note. I couldn’t be prouder of the staff here… we are so fortunate to have such a great team. I wish I could take credit for all their hard work, but that really goes to our General Manager Mr. Negash, and of course our staff members themselves. I will certainly see that your positive feedback gets back to the rest of our team. Again, thanks for taking the time to write.

Reviewed February 6, 2011

I was really surprised by how elegant the rooms were they were modern and very well decorated. The bed was even more comfortable than my new pillow top at home. The linens and bedding were super soft and spotless. I had everything I needed right there in the room, refrigerator, microwave and coffee maker. I love not having to go searching through the hallways for an ice machine. The TV was huge and I really loved the big comfy arm chair with outman , it made it really easy to relax. I really appreciated how friendly the staff was and the home-style breakfast that was included in our stay. You can’t beat the price for such quality and comfort!

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
CWHotels, Director of Sales at Best Western Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2011

Thank you so much for your kind words. We take pride in serving our guests and having them leave satisfied with everything we have to offer. Please do tell your friends about us… as it’s word of mouth that makes us so successful. We look forward to being your hotel of choice on your next visit to the Washington, DC area.

Reviewed February 3, 2011

Pretty nice hotel, great breakfast, nice room, good location with a car - so-so if you are using public transportation. Pluses: Ron one of the guys who drives the shuttle is one of those people who seems to love his job and loves helping people. He was the highlight of the stay. Also, not sure the manager's name that evening - but when lobby turned out to be a bad spot for a meeting for four of us (see below), he really pitched in and found us a meeting room that was not being used late in the day and let us sit there. He even showed us how to order some dinner in from a local delivery service. A real "above and beyond the call of duty" helpfulness that I don't see in my regular stays at some of the other higher-end chains.
The minuses - lobby furniture needs to be replaced. It was falling apart.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
CWHotels, Director of Sales at Best Western Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2011

We never get tired of hearing how our team makes the guest experience even better! Your comments about Ron, our shuttle driver, have been forwarded to his manager so he can get the credit he so richly deserves! I’m also glad you found our newly remodeled boardroom helped make your stay with us more productive. As for the lobby, furniture, I know exactly which table you mean. I was the one that met you in the lobby, and that one table was damaged by a guest suitcase just days ago and is a little wobbly. It will be repaired immediately.

Ron Wallach (not to be confused with Ron, our shuttle driver)