“This resturant has gone down hill”
Review of Gordon Biersch

Gordon Biersch
Reserve with OpenTable
Gordon Biersch is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 421 Restaurants in Rockville
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We have visited this resturant numerous times since it opened.
The first few years the service was wonderful, food was great and management seemed to really care.
the last couple of years the food has gone down hill and management is no where in sight.
While the wait staff is friendly and efficient, they do not seem to be managed well.
I was glad to see that they now have shirts to wear instead of whatever they want. The appearances of a lot of the wait staff was not good. Tummies showing on the girls, ratty pants, messy hair. Truly the appearance of the wait staff really matters in your all in all experience and it reflects how well the resturant is managed.

Reviewed January 22, 2013

Excellent beer, including the seasonals. New calorie conscious but filling entrees. Mini desserts. Friendly staff. And the beer. Popular, sometiems can be a bit of wait, but not bad.

Reviewed December 21, 2012

I've been a Gordon Biersch patron (in other cities) for 15 years. Maybe it's just me, but I think they need to freshen things up a bit. The beers are good and the food is always above average, but I feel like it's gotten a bit stale.

1  Thank Chris T
Reviewed December 10, 2012

We had an unexpected night with our child at a birthday party, so we wanted to go out for dinner to celebrate our "freedom"! Neither of us were in the mood for one of our "regular" restaurants, so we decided upon Gordon Biersch. When we arrived there was a small wait, of about 5-10 minutes, even though the hostess had suggested it would be 15-25 minutes long.

My husband & I shared the Southwest Egg Rolls as a starter, which were really tasty. I would definitely get them again.

My husband got the Beer Battered Fish & Chips. He commented that the fries were "some good, some soggy." They certainly smelled great. I think he liked the fish.

I got the Creole Chicken, which was decent. The chicken was a little overcooked. The jambalaya sauce wasn't all that special and not as spicy as I had expected it to be. The green beans which were on the side were nice & juicy - not overcooked.

I also had the Raspberry Iced Tea, which was an interesting twist on iced tea.

My husband also had the Winterbock and liked that.

Our wait staff was really pleasant.

1  Thank lkl6300
Reviewed December 8, 2012

Noisy, poor service and dry, dry burgers... Beers are good of course but the food we had, burgers and garlic fries, was tired.