“Great place to stay! Excellent service, amenities and rates” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Rockville Hotel

Sheraton Rockville Hotel
Ranked #9 of 16 Hotels in Rockville
Wilmington, North Carolina
“Great place to stay! Excellent service, amenities and rates”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2010

While attending a family wedding in Rockville, my husband and I decided to stay in the Sheraton rather than bunking in with relatives. What an absolutely fabulous experience. The staff was incredibly helpful and friendly. The bartender was so helpful she even offered to show us to the pool and gym. All needs were met immediately and by a courteous and knowledgeable staff. The bed was so comfortable we really didn't want to get up!
If you are in the Rockville area - for any reason...not just business (this hotel offers quite a lot of services for the business traveler) - stay at this hotel....it was great!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank becduc
HotelRockville, Manager at Sheraton Rockville Hotel, responded to this review, October 4, 2010
Thank you becduc for your recent review. We pride our hotel on it's clean comfortable accommodations and friendly courteous staff. Since we are a full service hotel with room service, lounge our bartendars are the best in town! Thanks again for your review and we will see you next time you are staying in the Washington D.C. - Rockville area.

Milan Patnaik

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
CT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2010

Traveled to DC and stayed here for 6 nights. Booked my stay through Hotwire and got a very good bargain on my nightly rate. It turned out to be a fabulous value. The hotel was an easy drive to the Shady Grove metro station where parking is plentiful.

Hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. Room was very large, very quiet, clean and well appointed. Stayed in room #419. One small negative - the pool/hot tub is only open for swimming when life guards are on duty. Life guard hours are 5-10AM and 5-10PM Mon-Fri (10A-10P on Sat/Sun). We had a couple of days where we returned to the hotel midday to recharge and the kids would have loved to be able to use the pool, but we had to wait until it opened at 5PM. The hotel is more business traveler populated than families, so I do understand the pool hours being the way they are. But I wanted to point that out for other families considering a stay there.

The only actual challenge we encountered was with housekeeping. After night 3, we wanted our sheets changed. We followed the hotel instructions and placed the "Time For a Change" card on our beds requesting clean bed linens. My daughter had smeared a small fingerprint of chocolate on her bed sheet (from a trip to Georgetown Cupcakes in Bethesda - yum!). When we returned that afternoon, our beds were made but the sheets had not been changed (chocolate fingerprint remained). The next morning, my husband got more determined and stripped the sheets off both beds and placed the card on top of the heap of dirty linens. We returned that afternoon and had fresh bed sheets. We were a bit put off that we had to resort to stripping our own beds just to get fresh linens. This was genuinely the only negative we encountered all week. Everything else about our stay was picture perfect so it was a minor negative in our opinion.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank astronogirl
Thank you astronogirl for your recent review of our beautiful Sheraton Rockville Hotel. Since we are only 1 mile from the Shady Grove metro, guests and patrons alike are very comfortable with how easy it is to navigate through the local area into Washington, D.C. Just like you, most of our guests enjoy the oversized guest rooms, large desk area, HDTV and the perks of a full service hotel. Thanks again for your comments.

Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2010

The first room I was placed in (#408) was dusty and the toilet seat was broken. We were changed to room 420, which had a dirty desk (oily in places and dusty in others -- see photo of the dust) and someone else's hair in the shower. Additionally, the hotel didn't place soap in either hotel room -- we had to request it from the front desk.

The staff at the hotel was friendly and compensated me with some hotel points for the unclean room. While I appreciated their effort, I'd be remiss if I didn't share my experience with others. Not sure if the fourth floor's housekeeping staff had an off day when we were there or what, but quite frankly, I wouldn't stay here again because it was not clean.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
Thank you shootingstarbeauty for your recent review regarding your last stay at the Sheraton Rockville Hotel. We welcome all of our guests feedback and change our procedures at thte hotel to ensure a clean and comfortable stay. Since reading your review we changed our wood cleaner to one that repels dust and have seen a huge difference so far. I hope that you are able to experience this on your next stay to the Rockville, MD area. Again thank you for your comments, it is much appreciated.

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2010

This is a lovely property , close to Washington DC. I stayed in this hotel for one night with a friend. The room I was given was very large with all facilitie such a coffee maker, shoe shiner, bath robe, wi-fi, LCD TV etc. Most importantly, the hotel is very well and neatly maintained.

We had dinner at the in-house restaurant below, the food was okay and not great. However, the ambience was good inside the small bar/restaurant. Wi-fi is free in the lobby and breakfast is served in the same area. There is a shopping and restaurant area very close to the complex with varied restaurants.

People who are planning for a trip to Washignton DC can stay in this hotel as this is close and the cost you pay in DC will be much higher and you may not get the same room quality either. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank KSAS
Thank you KSAS for you recent comments from your last stay at the Sheraton Rockville Hotel. I am so very happy that you enjoyed the large room, Starbucks coffee + maker, terry bath robes, wi-fi, HDTV and hotel in general. I am also very happy that you enjoyed the clean comfortable accommodations and the dinner at our King Far Bar & Grill.

Again, thank you for your positive feedback!

Wilmington, Delaware
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2010

The hotel has a nice entrance and the check in was a good experience. Dinner at the restaurant was good. The room had some issues. The first thing I noticed as I was typing on my computer was that there were quite a few ants walking around the table. Next thing I know I have two crawling on my hand. Normally I would have complained then but it was late and I wanted to sleep, not have someone spray my room. When I went to bed the first pillow I used smelled like someone had drooled on it and then the cleaner had sprayed it with febreze rather than change the sheets but the other pillow was fine. I explained that I was unhappy the next morning and they said they would add more points to my SPG number. Hopefully this actually happens as I love Sheraton in general and just think I got a bad cleaner as the rest of the hotel seemed nice. I still would hesitate to return even though it was in a great location.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
Thank you Brendan104 for your recent comments regarding your last stay with us. I am very happy that you enjoyed our smart curb appeal, the friendliness at check in and dinner at the King Farm Bar & Grill. Also thank you for letting us know about the ants in your room. We have hired a professional company to come in and treat our rooms as well as outside surroudings. This has eliminated future sightings and we will undergo an additional treatment again in March 2011.

Thank you for your feedback, we listen and act on all of our guests comments and suggestions.

Portland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2010

In D.C. for a conference. Could have stayed at the conference hotel for more than twice the Sheraton. Glad I didn't.

The location was easy, front desk very helpful, room one of the most comfortable I experienced and price a real value.

Highly recommend it to anyone!!

Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
HotelRockville, General Manager at Sheraton Rockville Hotel, responded to this review, July 21, 2010
Hello adam08,

Thank you for choosing the Sheraton Rockville as your hotel of choice when you were at conference in Washington, D.C. I am very happy that you found the staff very helpful and the rooms in superb condition. We strive for excellent guest product and helpful guest service. Thanks again for your comments, we will see you next time when you travel to the Washington, D.C. area.

Thanks,
New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2010

The room was comfortable and reasonably clean. It had a very comfortable bed and large desk for working. We were counting on the shuttle to the Shady Grove Metro station to get us downtown for a conference. However, it started running too late in the morning for us. ( If you need to get to the Metro early, check with the hotel in advance for alternate transportation or plan to do the 20-minute walk). More of a problem was the reliability and incorrect and contradictory information from the hotel staff about the pickup from the station. We were told that it has a regular pickup on the 1/2 hour. We waited at the station in the evening and when it didn't arrive as scheduled we tried to call the hotel. Amazingly there was no answer for about 20 minutes. The individual who finally answered said he would tell the driver to come immediately. We waited another 20 minutes, and called again. A different individual answered, knew nothing about our previous call and said he would contact the driver, who finally arrived about 10 minutes later. We were then told that there is no regular scheduled pickup time and the shuttle only goes in response to a call. We don't know if our experience is typical or a fluke but it was rather unpleasant.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
HotelRockville, General Manager at Sheraton Rockville Hotel, responded to this review, July 13, 2010
Dear NJtravelers613,

I am so happy that you found your room accommodations superb. Our guests feel the same way about the clean and comfortable room as well as the oversized desk. I do apologize about the transportation issue your experienced on your last stay. I will make sure to revisit our shuttle procedures with our entire Guest Service team and Core Managers in an effort to maximize our communications. Again, thank you for your feedback, we are definitely listening and will make changes to our procedures.

Thanks again,