“Chain Hotel With A Boutique Feel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Rockville Hotel

Sheraton Rockville Hotel
Ranked #9 of 16 Hotels in Rockville
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Chain Hotel With A Boutique Feel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2009

I was very pleased with the Sheraton Rockville. The hotel is located in the King Farm development and is surrounded by a safe, master planned residential neighborhood. The area had a real "homey" feel to it and was very safe and new.

The hotel had free surface parking but it is located very, very close to a very busy highway. If you are bothered by road noise, try to request a room as far away from the highway as possible.

On the negative side, the bathroom was a bit on the small side and there was not much counter space. I did not have enough room for all of my toiletries and my makeup bag. The bathroom was beautiful, though - very pretty materials (marble countertop, white subway tiles). I wish the bathroom at my house looked like it! The bathroom does NOT have a tub, just a shower.

The front desk and housekeeping staff provided great and friendly service. I felt very welcome during my stay. The room had a huge workspace with the largest in-room desk I have ever seen. Internet access was an additional $10 per day.

This is obviously a new hotel because it had that "new hotel" smell. Everything was in perfect condition. The room also had a superb a/c system - the room would get so cold I thought it was going to snow inside (a welcome amenity in the sweltering, humid heat of Washington D.C.).

The room had an odd layout and did not feel very spacious - it actually felt a bit cramped. We did love the new 32 inch flat screen t.v. on the wall, though. There was a small fitness center and a very small indoor pool on site.

Also worth mentioning is that while there is an on-site restaurant, it has very limited hours. You can walk to a few small mom and pop restaurants and a Safeway grocery store for food, but be sure to ask for directions first because you can get twisted around since all of the houses look alike! It is a very cookie-cutter area of town.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank moviegal226

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
New York, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2009

Stayed here the weekend of Aug 28 to visit the DC area. Staff was friendly and attentative, no problems checking in or out. Room was nice and clean, the shower was nice. It's not really close to anything you would have to go for a 5-10 min drive to find anything decent to eat. It's relatively close to public transportation (Metro red line) into DC, in case you don't want to drive during rush hour and they do have a shutte to it you have to confirm the timings. Overall nice hotel, would stay here again. If I had to gripe about something I would have to say the walls are on the thinner side and the only free internet access is the wifi in the lobby. But overall nothing else to complain about.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with friends
2 Thank DeeL9
Central, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2009

Stayed for a single night in July of 2009 for business. Hotel was easy to check in, hotel is on the smaller-medium size makes getting anywhere within it pretty easy.
Mulitpurpose rest/bar area, which is not always a given at sheratons is open until 11:00 for a quick dinner or drink and then available for site or buffet breakfast by 6:00 a.m.
Rooms were clean, pretty large and updated.
There is not much within walking distance but if you are not looking for area attaractions this fits the bill.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank FrankieandRosie
Smyrna, Georgia, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2009

This Sheraton is practically brand new, with very tastefully decorated rooms. The staff was very friendly (no mention of Priceline at check in) and the lobby was well designed. The only drawback to this hotel is its location- it is basically in Gaithersburg- and the drive to DC can be long during rush hour. Al in all, it was an excellent value ($49 on Priceline for a weekday stay in DC is a good deal!) for a nice room.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank cchri1p
Bedford, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2009

When we arrived, our room wasn't ready yet, so they temporarily checked us into a King room so we could freshen up and leave our luggage while we went out for the day. When we arrived back that evening, our room, with two double beds, was ready for us. They had already checked us in - we just picked up our keys at the front desk. The staff was knowledgable about area restaurants and attractions and gave us simple directions. Shuttle service was useful for taking the Metro into DC. The only complaint we had has noisy kids on a field trip. But management took care of the problem, and after that first night, didn't have any more problems.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank smporter
Seattle
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2009

I stayed at the hotel for 5 nights. Before I went, I did a little research online and was a little apprehensive as to what to expect. Somone had mentioned the toilet keeps running. I experienced that the first night and it got to the point I called the front desk. They didn't have a plumber on site so she said he'll be in after 7am. I didn't expect a knock on my door in the morning ~it was before 8am!
I was surprised he came over to check it. He fixed the issue for the most part. I only had to lift the lid a couple more times during my stay to get the plug aligned. The iron board is a little flimsy, so you'll want to make sure it's set up solid & secure before putting your clothes & iron on.
Overall, I had a pleasant stay. I forgot they had free shuttle to the Metro on the week days - I took advantage of that on the 2nd day I was there. Staff was nice. I didn't eat at their restaurant till the morning I left. They had a lovely brunch with a special Memorial Holiday pricing. It seemed a little hectic but quality of food was decent.
I liked the flat screen. The Showtime channel stopped working the night before I left - asides from that, it was all good.
I would totally recommend this hotel!!! It would be a total plus if the rooms had free wi-fi (they only offer that in the lounge)

• Stayed May 2009, traveled solo
Heidelberg, Germany
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2009

I stayed in this hotel on a return trip to the DC area to visit friends. A special, and quite reasonable, rate was offered.

The hotel was not difficult to find and the checkin staff were pleasant and efficient. My room was large, comfortable, and well appointed.

For two of the three days I was there, I took breakfast in the hotel restaurant. The staff are efficient and very friendly, but the setup is peculiar. A reasonably priced buffet is offered on some days, but on others you have to resort to the menu and this is expensive.

A couple of other negatives have to mentioned. Parking is limited and the hotel's proximity to I-270 means there is some traffic noise. Outside rush hour, however, the latter is not too bad.

On the whole, then, a positive experience.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled solo