“Nice New Hotel!!”

Sheraton Rockville Hotel
Ranked #8 of 14 Hotels in Rockville
Reviewed May 31, 2014

Stayed there one night over Memorial Weekend and it was an excellent experience. The hotel appears to be new. Very spacious rooms and clean. The club room was very adequately stocked for the afternoon and even better for breakfast. They have a washer machine and dryer on one of the floors which is great. Excellent value at $129 a night.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
GeneralManagerRCKVIL, General Manager at Sheraton Rockville Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2014

Dear deanp1995,

Thank you for choosing Sheraton Rockville. I'm so happy you enjoyed your visit and shared your observations on TripAdvisor. We hope to see you again soon,

Safe Travels!

Reviewed May 23, 2014

Great location, hotel is situated on a well manicured property. Hotel seemed pet friendly with plenty of space to walk pets nearby. King room was clean and serviceable. Utilized fitness center, three elliptic machines, three treadmills, w/dumbbells inside. Did not utilize small pool and whirlpool. Parking was free, front desk and check-in was pleasant and friendly. Hotel had restaurant which I did not use, however seemed nice with breakfast offered in the morning. I would stay again if in the area.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
GeneralManagerRCKVIL, General Manager at Sheraton Rockville Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 26, 2014

Dear Tryto82,

Thank you for staying with us at Sheraton Rockville. I'm glad that you had an enjoyable experience while with us. Next time you are in the area on a wine tasting trip, be sure to stop by the hotel bar and enjoy our wide range of highly rated wines. We look forward to hosting you again in the near future!

Safe Travels

Reviewed May 20, 2014

I am actually local, but my husband recently took me here for a night away and the best part was, we could bring the dog and not worry about her while we were gone. The hotel is very clean, super accessible to everything transportation-wise (Metro and main highways), and the staff also very friendly.

Room Tip: There are only a few pet rooms, so be sure to indicate you'll have an animal when you make your...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Emily V,

I'm so happy you and your husband had a great "staycation" with us recently. Having pet friendly rooms is a great option for families as they travel, allowing them to feel comfortable bringing the families best friend along for the ride as well. We hope to see you again soon.

Safe Travels

Reviewed May 11, 2014

The hotel rooms looked nice, but a close inspection of the corners, especially behind drapes found 2 dead bugs & some sort of glitter. I awoke the 2nd morning to a cockroach running across my bathroom floor. The person in the room next door found one as well. Also saw one in the lobby. Was there with a school group & reservations not as requested even with many months notice.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
GeneralManagerWASCT, General Manager at Sheraton Rockville Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2014

Dear S H-

Thank you for sharing your concern about pests and the cleanliness in your room. I assure you that your concerns will be addressed. We maintain ridgid cleanliness standards to ensure our guests have a relaxing and enjoyable experience while staying with us. I will work with the housekeeper who serviced your room to ensure she is meeting our service expecations.
Guest room pests are very uncommon at the hotel. I will contact our pest control company to service the area in which you stayed to ensure we do not a repeat incident.

Reviewed May 2, 2014

I stayed here with my daughter while looking for summer internship housing with her. We thought it was a very nice place. It is not fancy, but the rooms are spacious, clean, and modern. And it comes with my favorite amenity--free wifi. (At least on the club floor, where we stayed. Not sure if that is true everywhere, but I think so.) We are still here, but so far, we have found the staff to be friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family

Dear CWR01-

Thank you for your recent review of the Sheraton Rockville. I am glad you found the hotel comfortable and convenient for your summer housing search in the area. We hope that you will have a chance to stay with us again while your daughter is in the area on her internship.

Save Travels!

Reviewed April 28, 2014

Last year when we stayed at this property I gave it a "so-so" rating. It hasn't changed a bit. The hotel is adequate in most ways. Service was good, front desk was friendly enough but there were some issues.
I know that it's hard to get good help for some areas in the housekeeping department and this may be one of those areas. The floor in my room was never vacuumed that I could tell.
On the upside, the lighting in the bath is excellent.
Lastly....upon checkout the desk clerk asked that I return my room key. Well as always I leave it in my room. I told the clerk and his response was that he could not check me out until I had returned my room key. I really hope that they are not looking for me, cause I am home now!

Room Tip: Ask fro a room on the back side of the hotel. It's quieter.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business

Dear AlabamaTraveljack-

Thank you for staying with us and providing feedback on your stay. I am sorry to see that the property's cleanliness and staff service fell below your expecatations. I will review your comments with the housekeeping manager to ensure proper cleaning is done in the guest hallways daily. In addition, I do apologize for the front desk staff asking for your key to be returned. Leaving them in the room or dropping them at the desk is perfectly fine. I will review with the team member your concern and ensure they understand that it perfectly acceptable to leave the key in the room upon departure.

Again, thank you for choosing Sheraton. Safe Travels!

Reviewed April 20, 2014

I would like to rate this hotel 4.5 stars, if I can. It's better than those Sheratons that I rated 4 stars, but it doesn't do anything THAT outstanding to justify a 5 star for me...
Let's begin with the rate. I booked the hotel for $79 on SPG hot escapes, with club lounge access. This included aftenoon hot snacks and morning breakfast, and top floor rooms. So basically, priceline is not your good choice sometimes.
The hotel itself is yet another "typical Sheraton". It has almost identical design to the BWI sheraton. But, there's those a little something not so typical. Let's begin with the pool. The pool water here is clean, and I tasted nothing salty. I understand those pools that taste salty doesn't mean that they are essentially dirty, but it just makes me feel bad. The pool water here is a little deeper than "typical sheraton" so you can enjoy the swim a little better.
The bar also delivers nicer food than your typical sheraton restaurant. On east coast people don't usually supply chillie cheese fries. This one does think out of the box and makes you some more combinations, like I got the bacon cheese fries. Really good. Watress is attentive and it's an overall nicer experiences.
The lounge of course is another plus but I would say that's nothing not typical.
Room is typical sheraton as well. Large, comfortable, "usual hotel" clean.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
HotelRockville, General Manager at Sheraton Rockville Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2014

Dear Herbertgzb-

Thank you for staying with us at Sheraton Rockville. I am happy to hear that you had an enjoyable and relaxing experience with us. As you noted, our indoor pool area is a great spot to enjoy a swim or relax in the whirlpool. The attached health club can help you stay on your fitness routine as well.
We continue to strive to exceed our guest expectations across the hotel, including our club and bar experiences. Thank you for your suggestions, comments and notice of the staff's attention to your needs.
Safe Travels!