New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Sheraton Rockville Hotel

Sheraton Rockville Hotel
Ranked #9 of 16 Hotels in Rockville
Chicago, Illinois
“Pleasant Stay. Club level benefits are so-so.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2013

I stayed here for a night before a business meeting. The front desk was quick to check myself and my co-worker in. I'm a SPG Gold member, and this was the first time I've been upgraded to the Club level in ages. The 'variety of drinks' offered on the club level was a mini fridge with a few varieties of coke products and water, but still better than nothing. I certainly wouldn't have paid for the club level though. I missed breakfast entirely, but it was shut down in the Club level by 10.

The location is reasonably close to a few restaurants.

My room was nice. The giant monolithic wood desk felt a little dated, but no real complaints about it. Bed was comfortable, WiFi was free for all (yay!) and worked well enough, despite a so-so signal in my room. The bar had an OK beer selection, but a very friendly bartender.

I'm not sure what some of these reviewers were complaining about. I found the property to be clean and in good shape. We were told it was 6 years old which seemed about right.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
HotelRockville, General Manager at Sheraton Rockville Hotel, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Dear valued SPG member,

I am delighted you enjoyed your stay. Please come visit again, we will start renovations in Q3 and we would love for you to experience our club and more of what our hotel can provide.

Thank you for your time and we look forward to seeing you again!

Stacy Smith

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Chicago, IL
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is a real disappointment. I am staying here right now and this place is just screaming for some renovations, a cleaning crew with industrial steam cleaners and new management.
The moment you pull up to the hotel you notice that the sliding doors are old and dirty. The welcome mat in front of the hotel is so worn that you can hardly see the Sheraton logo on it.
The front desk staff are trying very hard and are sweet and polite but you can tell they haven't been trained properly.
Carpeting throughout the hotel is old and stained.
There were some service items sitting on the floor by the room next to mine when I checked in yesterday afternoon. They were still there this morning.
I don't think I will ever stay here again or recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed May 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
HotelRockville, General Manager at Sheraton Rockville Hotel, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Dear valued guest,

I am hoping you are still our guest. We strive to provide exceptional service and a great place to stay. We are planning our renovations. We are in the process of getting our approval for our guest room package. Since we fell short of meeting your expectations, could you please give me a call to see if I can do anything to correct any short comings that are within my control.

Silver Spring
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2013

First of all, the staff from the leadership down to the bartender, had an aptitude for service that was out of the ballpark. Truly exceptional.

The setting was cozy and intimate.

The food delicious.

Pricing extraordinarily fair compared to other nearby properties.

No need to search much further. This is the hotel for you as they will do whatever is needed to make your event work.

Feel free to contact me for counsel.

Rich Moonblatt
rich@recruitcom.com

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Good afternoon Mr. Moonblatt,

Thank you so much for choosing our location. It was a pleasure to work with you and I am delighted the event went well. We look forward to seeing you again.

alabama
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013

Nothing to write home about. Staff was nice, but the property needs a renovation. It's close to some government offices so if tht's why you're in the area, it's ok. There are plenty of nice restaurants in the area and the hotel will shuttle you there. The upside is the exercize room. Great equipment.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
HotelRockville, General Manager at Sheraton Rockville Hotel, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Sheraton Rockville. I am excited to inform you we are going through a renovation in Q4 2013. I hope to see you again. Also, thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We look forward to your next visit!

Best Wishes,

Kokomo, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2013

There were a few pros to me staying here. It's easy to get to, and it sits at the edge of a beautiful Rockville development known as King's Farm (the historic farm property still stands from which the name was taken). The Metro train transit into D.C. (Shady Grove end-of-the-line station) is just a mile east. Several major highways and main drags are all within a mile, as well as countless places to eat and shop. The staff was very helpful and courteous. The room was clean with nice French doors leading into the bathroom. The bed was one of the BEST I've slept on.

Cons: My room would have been PERFECT if it had a fridge. There was ample room for one. The shower floor was a bit slippery; perhaps foot mats might be available upon request. Other than that, great hotel in a beautiful area.

Room Tip: Bring a cooler for your drinks or perishables. Plentiful brochures and DC info is in the lobby. A...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
HotelRockville, General Manager at Sheraton Rockville Hotel, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Dear MrCrossisboss,

Thank you for 'Shera' Thing or Two about my hotel. I am delighted to let you know the little things that would have made your stay perfect we can offer. The great news, we are getting ready for our renovation and I can't wait for you to return for an even better Sheraton Experience. Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay. We look forward to your next visit.

Best Wishes,

Tel Aviv, Israel
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2013

This hotel looks like it was designed by student architects and managed by students.

The SPG lounge is in the elevator lobby of the 5th floor and is tiny and too trafficked as everyone has to walk through it to get to the rooms. Despite the guy who was there full time maintaining the place it seemed to constantly be messy from the high traffic.

Room had a vestibule that was enormous as if it was meant to be ADA compliant, but wasn't a handicapped room.

Pool was possibly the smallest hotel pool I have ever seen and open at odd hours (during the week only from 7am-10am and on the weekend only after 10am.

Overall, one of the stranger Sheratons I have visited.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear NYTA,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay. Also, I would like to thank you for being one of our most loyal SPG members. I apologize I did not get the opportunity to meet you. I was made aware of your concerns about the build of our hotel. We are one of 6 Sheraton's that are built this way. I apologize this did not meet your expectations from a build perspective. If you have anytime to give me a call, I would love the opportunity to speak with you, let you know about our up and coming renovations. I would like to repair any distaste that you might have regarding this hotel. I can’t change the design, but I would like the opportunity to assure you that our care and compassion is alive and well in my hotel.

Spokane, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2013

I book several small meetings at this hotel yearly for one of my larger corporate accounts. I have a group staying there now that has required several minor changes, adjustments, etc. none of which were due to any error or oversight at the hotel. I spoke with both Matt and Cory at the front desk to handle my changes and questions and they are the best! Both of them helped meet my needs promptly and pleasantly. I will certainly suggest this hotel for all my corporate travelers to DC.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear MarklynH,

Thank you so much very being our valued guest. Also, thank you for taking the time to let us know how we are doing. I am extremely excited that our team has been flexible and accomodating to assist in all of your needs. We look forward to your next event.