“Great Quiet and Clean Hotel for a Weekend DC Trip!”

Sheraton Rockville Hotel
Ranked #8 of 14 Hotels in Rockville
Reviewed October 4, 2012

Recently stayed at the Sheraton Rockville hotel. Received a tremendous AAA Travel rate on-line for our weekend visit. Difficult to find? True...but it was worth finding! The hotel was very clean and quiet, although I suspect Monday thru Thursday is a different story. Our room was very clean upon check-in and freshened daily. Club Level was nice but could use a few more snacks and water throughout the day (they may scale back for the weekenders). Shuttle service was very good and you are located approximately two miles from the nearest DC Metro station which was convenient in getting in to the City to sightsee. Unfortunately, we did not try the restaurant. Although it may have been opened, we never saw anyone eatting there so we assumed it was closed. Few options around within walking distance for meals, i.e. Red Lobster, Five Guys, Burger King. However, within a few miles is a fabulous out-of-the-way seafood stop called Cameron's Seafood Market with very fresh seafood lunches and dinners to go. Rockville Towne Center and Washingtonian Center shopping and dining venues are close also. We would stay here again because of the cleanliness and quietness of the hotel.

Room Tip: Club floor near elevator provides a great room and close walk.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
HotelRockville, General Manager at Sheraton Rockville Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2012

Thank you Jo Anne for taking the time to let us know you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Rockville/Gaithersburg. Our restaurant is open for Breakfast lunch and dinner. We have a great menu and a full bar that is open at dinner time. We have a variety of wine selections, cocktails and several types of beer on tap and bottled.

Stop by next time. Best wishes.

Reviewed October 1, 2012

Wow! I was treated great. Hats off to Tarsha and Desta. They made me feel right at home!I have traveled around the world and have stayed in som amazing places and some not so amazing. The Sheraton ranks up there with the top places I would recommend. I will stay there again. Hope to see them during my next stay. Thanks again Tarsha and Desta

• Stayed: June 2012

Hello Poncho,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us how you enjoyed your stay. I will make sure I pass on the kind remarks to Tarsha and Desta. We look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed September 30, 2012

Nicely located for travelers visiting businesses in the area, the hotel is efficiently designed and has excellent, friendly service. The room was comfortable, the WIFI speedy and the area has a safe feel for early evening strolls. The hotel is pet friendly. We would not hesitate in returing.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Hi Lynn,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how you enjoyeder your stay and service. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed September 19, 2012

I have been staying here for years and never been disappointed.
Clean rooms, great location and Victor the room service waiter provides outstanding customer service. I have stayed at most of the hotels in the area and this is my first choice.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Thank you Shannon for taking the time to let us know you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Rockville/Gaithersburg.

Reviewed September 6, 2012 via mobile

We expected little. The location is OUT OF THE WAY and in a suffocating suburban planned community. After driving down a long boulevard in this overly planned town area the Sheraton is somewhat alone. Rather grand and fairly new. A massive lobby greets you. We made our way to a small check in desk. We were shortly in a large room with double doors leading to the bath and plaid wall paper all around. Rather " Mens-club " like. Large comfortable beds. Generous amenities. The next morning we went down to the restaurant for breakfast.- don't miss their breakfast. It was one of the best I have had in years! This is a place where you could easily conduct business or have an all girl lunch. I recommend this hotel. Nothing usual about it

• Stayed: September 2012
HotelRockville, General Manager at Sheraton Rockville Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2012

Dear ShelleyinBoston,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how you enjoyed your stay and breakfast. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed September 3, 2012

I stay frequently at the Sheraton Rockville hotel, it is located close to my corporate offices and they offer shuttle services back and forth. Furthermore, they offer complimentary WIFI, Starbucks coffee in rooms and most importantly amazing staff. I would like to take the time to mention Sara Torabian the front desk manager, she does a phenomenal job of making the guest feel so welcomed. Every time she has checked me in she greets me with her warm welcoming smile as well as ask me about my three daughters (which she remembers all their names) and my pet. Any requests which I ask of her she completes within five minutes. Ms. Torabian is by far one of the most amazing and professional hotel staff member I have ever came across throughout my long career. Your company should be proud to have such an outstanding employee like Sara Torabian representing your brand. She is one of the main reasons why I chose the Sheraton Rockville.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business

Dear Sharif2321,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

AAA discount made this a great option for last minute travel need. Would definitely book again if rate discount remained as good. A few suggestions for improvement: better fitted bedding, in room coffee without missing basket/ parts (we were unable to make our coffee), better nightlight option, inner shower door handles on both doors. Flavored creamers and hot water for tea avail at complimentary coffee bar. Need low fat cream cheese avail at breakfast.

• Stayed: August 2012
HotelRockville, General Manager at Sheraton Rockville Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2012

Dakotah438,

Thank you for taking the time for your very valuable feedback. As a hotel team we discussed your review in length during our daily team meetings and used your feedback as an ongoing training. Better fitting bedding and a broken coffee maker I apologize for and we will continue to takes steps of corrective action so that we can continue to exceed expectations in the future. Thanks once again for your feedback and we hope to see you soon.

Regards,