“Waffles in Place of Bread” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #9 of 374 Restaurants in Rockville
Cuisines: American, French
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Marco Island, Florida
“Waffles in Place of Bread”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

I'd heard Carla Hall rave about this place on The View, so thought I had to give it a try when I was nearby. I ordered a sandwich (on waffles, of course) and the grilled veggie salad (with a waffle "crouton"). Both very tasty. The wait staff was very knowledgeable and friendly. Will have to go back to try this place for breakfast.

Silver Spring, Maryland, United States
“great place for a sunday family breakfast with Waffles and more”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

Snuggled in between the newly built residential apartments, and within the immediate vicinity of shopping indulgences, Mosaic is a family owned restaurant that specializes in warmth and hospitality, and great breakfast options. With Waffles as their main breakfast fare, there are various selections of toppings, and side orders to meet an assortments of palettes.
Charming, cosy and good cuisine at very affordable prices. Avg price range between $9 - 13 per person...

Chapel Hill, North Carolina
“Waffle sandwiches--God bless America”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

DH and I came here for dinner on a Friday night--it was busy, but we were seated immediately. Our server was friendly, knowledgeable, and professional. I had the Mosaic salad with grilled chicken (so I didn't feel guilty about getting dessert later!), and DH had the chicken salad waffle sandwich with grapes and pecans, which was served with sweet potato fries. Both meals were very tasty. Since I'm gluten-intolerant, I had the flourless chocolate waffle with hot fudge sauce and vanilla ice cream for dessert. It was wonderful! DH had the nutella dessert waffle, which he said was excellent.

The atmosphere is casual but elegant, and it has a good vibe--no pretension here. Highly recommended.

Washington, DC
“Amazing brunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

Saw a feature on WETA about great breakfasts in the metro and wanted to check out their amazing light waffles. They did not disappoint-- we've been back many times since then. All of the breakfast items are delicious and very reasonably priced. The only thing is that the restaurant is small and gets packed. On weekends, the smart people make reservations. if you don't, we prepared to wait at least 30 minutes. It's very much worth it, but not fun if you hadn't anticipated the wait.

• Visited June 2013
Silver Spring, Maryland
“Perfect portions, very fresh!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013 via mobile

We made reservations and seated right away at 6:15pm. Very attentive waitstaff. I liked the uncomplicated menu of one back and front. Husband took a glass of Chardonnay which was excellent. Uncorked a bottle and poured for him at the table. I ordered the trout which was light and flavorful. Grilled asparagus done to perfection. The salad with cranberries and walnuts was crisp and delicious which we shared. We had the crepe with strawberries for dessert. I'm going back when we go to The Strathmore again for sure.

Visited June 2013