“authentic szchuan”

China Jade
Ranked #107 of 441 Restaurants in Rockville
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed October 25, 2009

New mgmt. Excellent authentic dishes. One special dish is spicy chicken with peppers stuffed with sesame seeds. This is one dish that you can actually eat the pepper itself. So, it not extremely hot or spicy - but tasty.

Reviewed October 12, 2009

We go here because it's close to our house but it's never been a favorite. We were not in the mood for cooking and dishes after the three day weekend so decided to go th the Jade and Giant. Apparently now there is an additional owner (article in Washingtonian on the menu). The food turned out to be excellent, much better than in the past. Also the waitresses were new and both were very sweet and attentive. I had tofu and vegetables and chinese water cress - hubby had a fish dish. We also had tofu vegetable soup. We also got a free order of scallion pancakes. The menu is quite extensive and there is something for everyone. Hopefully they will keep up the good food and service. For now, it will be more than just the close by standby.

Reviewed July 26, 2009

The food is authentic indeed. However, the waitress services are not pleasant based on my experiences. Watch out for your bill. Mine was added up wrong twice. The place is small and its settings are way below average. They recently even promote cash payment and no receipt given to customers. This kind of tax-evasion behavior smells fishy to me. I will never dine at there again!

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed November 30, 2007

It isn't what it used to be before new management, but I would rate China Jade as the #2 Chinese restaurant I've been to.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Derwood, Maryland
Reviewed November 26, 2007

My local regular Chinese. Under new management lots of Chinese families on Sunday nights.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook