“It' All Greek To Me”

Good for: Bar scene
Washington, DC
“It' All Greek To Me”
Reviewed May 21, 2012

Lord, i love this grease ball hole in the wall. The food is cheap and plentiful. You have real, smelly, hairy Greeks cooking your food. The waitresses (you don't have call them 'servers' at this place) gum popping surly through backs from right out of the 50s. GO, EAT, ENJOY

Visited May 2012

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Decent Sunday Brunch”
Reviewed August 29, 2011

I went for brunch with some friends to Ambrosia. I wouldn't say this was the best brunch I've had, however one thing I liked was that the waitress didn't try to rush us out of the restaurant. That's saying a lot, since we stayed there for 2 hours! The food was good. The messed up one of the orders at the table, however that person didn't care, so we never told them. The atmosphere was friendly, and overall I had a very enjoyable time.

• Visited August 2011
MD
“Terrible service, some good and bad food”
Reviewed January 7, 2010

The beef stefado and lamb dishes are usually good. However, every time I've ordered it, the grilled stuff - souvlakis - are overcooked, dry, and tough. I'm just the eternal optimist, I guess. Too bad, because the portions are decent. The pita wedges were warm, which was good. Was there tonight and the service was really bad. Took forever to take our order, then we only saw our waitress at the end of the meal. Had to grab another one to get a side order of tomato rice, which she didn't bring - the owner had to get it for us (he was eating dinner at the next table). The rice was blah, no tomato sauce at all, for $4. What a gyp!

The white folks seemed to get OK service, though. I think they were regulars. I eat here once in a while, but this time the waitresses were all new.

Finally at the end of the meal I went to get a container myself to carry-out the yogurt sauce after waiting too long. The owner, who had been greeting and treating regulars, was concerned and asked what was the matter. I told him the food was overcooked and the service was bad. He said he was sorry and I should have told him (I thought of it but didn't want to interrupt his dinner). But I noticed he wasn't sorry enough to offer any refund.

So - meals are about $7-8 for sandwiches, $11 or more for entrees; grilled stuff can go straight to the garbage. Stewed stuff is usally at least OK to good. Service is terrible. Go when you have lots of time to kill. I only tipped 10%, and I thought that was too much. So if you feel guilty about doing that, you may want to think about whether to go or not. I liked the owner, seemed like a nice guy, but I won't be back for a while.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Wasn't impressed.”
Reviewed December 3, 2007

Wasn't impressed.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Always good. Has been for years.”
Reviewed November 30, 2007

Always good. Has been for years.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook