“Great restaurant, really enjoyed it”
Review of Amalfi Ristorante

Amalfi Ristorante
Reserve with OpenTable
Amalfi Ristorante is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #32 of 442 Restaurants in Rockville
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Parklawn Drive
Description: "Italy, it's closer than you think." Founded by Moe Sr. in 1977 Amalfi is a True Family Owned & Operated Restaurant. We are a very hands on family that take pride in doing all the work ourselves and strive to have the very best restaurant in town. Moe Jr. is the head chef, Johnny is the General Manager, Teresa hosts and overlooks the operation. Moe Sr. and Teresa started Amalfi in February 1977 when Moe Jr. was only two years old and Johnny hadn't even been born yet. Now over 40 years later the two sons are in control and have taken Amalfi to the next level. We have now upgraded all of our meats to all natural products from local farms. From free range chicken to milk fed veal, even our sausage is all natural. Almost all of our pasta is handmade on premises and we've gotten rid of practically all dishes made in batches so now our meals are made to order to ensure optimal freshness and quality. Come in and see why they say, "Once you visit Amalfi, you may never leave!"
Reviewed March 22, 2014

We went to this restaurant for the first time recently and really enjoyed it. John was our waiter and he was very nice, it's cool how the whole family is truly involved with the restaurant. The Eggplant Parm was excellent and the Mud Pie was delicious. One thing to know when you drive up - it doesn't look like much from the outside, but don't let that fool you!

1  Thank dadnj259

Reviewed March 21, 2014

It's a little hard to find but worthwhile when you get there. I have been going to Amalfis for a long long time. The service is great, the ambiance is quiet and understated and the food suits me to a tee. I usually get the white pizza with cheese, tomatoes and mozzarella (when tomatoes are in season) and either the veal Francais or veal Parmesan or the Shrimp fra diavolo or shrimp marinara. The place is not as crowded as it used to be when it was smaller and the lines were out the door and the owner served white pizza to those standing in line. Desserts are the typical but also delicious. If you're looking for the best neighborhood Italian restaurant...this is it.

1  Thank Jon E
Reviewed March 19, 2014

If you've never been to Amalfi you have no idea what you are missing. My family has been eating here since the early 80's and it just keeps getting better and better and better. First off it is truly a family owned and operated restaurant. On the weekends mom and pop seat you and my family always asks for John(owner son) to take care of us and he always does a magnificent job. You'll never find a more consistently happy and jovial person who is always smiling and genuinely happy to take care of you. After ten minutes you'll know that they really love their jobs and it's a refreshing change from all the corporate chain restaurants around. That is all fine and dandy but what about the food? The other son is the chef and you can tell he loves to cook. With creative new specials to go with the traditional our only problem is figuring out what to order each visit. My family tends to just order a ton of food and eat family style so we can all get to enjoy each dish. I attached some pictures of our very favorite dishes. Yeah I ripped them off their facebook page but hey when the food arrives we can never wait long enough to take a picture. We just dig in with no regard. I'm not a big reviewer but I feel like I owe them this much for all the great memories they have provided my family with. We love you Amalfi!!!

1  Thank Johnny44mac
Reviewed February 17, 2014

This is an excellent place. The chicken parmigiana was tasty with a tender chicken breast that was nicely fried. The chocolate-encrusted gelato dessert was outstanding too. All this is in a nice relaxed atmosphere. But what is really memorable is the great service. Clearly, this is more than a job to the wait staff--they take real pride in making you feel welcome. I'd recommend this restaurant for a very pleasant night out!

1  Thank Mark B
Reviewed February 7, 2014 via mobile

Came in with my husband for dinner. Really, really good comfort food. The white pizza is amazing! Had the salmon in piccata sauce for my entree, delicious. My husband got the lamb shank osobuco, wow, what a piece of meat. He happily devoured everything but the bone. Our server, John (i think), couldnt have been more pleasant and attentive. He was a perfect guide to help make food and wine selections. My husband got an organic chianti to go with his lamb. Very nice wine, paired wonderfully. Highly, highly reccomend. We will be back! Often!

1  Thank Kellyr42