“Excellent Italian w great service”
Review of Amalfi Ristorante

Amalfi Ristorante
Reserve with OpenTable
Amalfi Ristorante is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #38 of 407 Restaurants in Rockville
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Parklawn Drive
Description: "Italy, it's closer than you think." Founded by Moe Sr. in 1977 Amalfi is a True Family Owned & Operated Restaurant. We are a very hands on family that take pride in doing all the work ourselves and strive to have the very best restaurant in town. Moe Jr. is the head chef, Johnny is the General Manager, Teresa hosts and overlooks the operation. Moe Sr. and Teresa started Amalfi in February 1977 when Moe Jr. was only two years old and Johnny hadn't even been born yet. Now over 40 years later the two sons are in control and have taken Amalfi to the next level. We have now upgraded all of our meats to all natural products from local farms. From free range chicken to milk fed veal, even our sausage is all natural. Almost all of our pasta is handmade on premises and we've gotten rid of practically all dishes made in batches so now our meals are made to order to ensure optimal freshness and quality. Come in and see why they say, "Once you visit Amalfi, you may never leave!"
Rockville, Maryland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent Italian w great service”
Reviewed February 7, 2014 via mobile

Came in with my husband for dinner. Really, really good comfort food. The white pizza is amazing! Had the salmon in piccata sauce for my entree, delicious. My husband got the lamb shank osobuco, wow, what a piece of meat. He happily devoured everything but the bone. Our server, John (i think), couldnt have been more pleasant and attentive. He was a perfect guide to help make food and wine selections. My husband got an organic chianti to go with his lamb. Very nice wine, paired wonderfully. Highly, highly reccomend. We will be back! Often!

1 Thank Kellyr42

Rockville, Maryland
“Great family Italian restaurant”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

My wife and I went to Amalfi's for the first time on New Year's Eve. We had heard from friends that it was a nice local restaurant with great food. We were not disappointed. We had made reservations and our table was ready when we arrived. Most of the tables were filled with families or friends. You could tell by the conversions that most were regulars. We started with fried zucchini that was done just right. Although we had to ask for maranara to go with it, it wasn't a problem. I had the rigatoni with sausage and mushrooms which was delicious. The sausage was not mild and the serving plentiful (took the other half home for lunch the next day). My wife had the veal marsala that was piled with mushrooms and lots of tender veal. I tried it and it was very good. We finished with tartufo for dessert which we loved. Along with the wine the cost was around $100 (not counting tip). Great time and we will return.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank lookinforlinks
Burlington, Vermont
“Good Food, Generous Portions, Reasonably Priced, Worth the Wait”
Reviewed December 1, 2013

Our party of 8 family members (in laws and out laws) met at Amalfi for a Wednesday night
pre thanksgiving meal. Though it took close to an hour to be served the main course (there was a large group prior to our being seated and it took time to roast the whole fish), it was worth the wait. We survived our wait devouring the excellent garlic & cheese white pizza, the crusted bread, and enjoying the company of others.

With bronzino (a European seabass), eggplant parmesan, veal parmesan, salmon, clams with linguini, and prosciutto, everyone finished everything on their plate. I was reminded that we have been eating here for more than 30 thirty years! And this fact that my DC family eats here and continues to eat here, is in itself is a recommendation!

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank GlobalVillage
Maryland Heights, Missouri
“Get out your Itilian”
Reviewed October 26, 2013

This is my private restaurant from Italy. Ill be sad when there starts to be a wait here. The staff is second generation owners and yes Italian. This is the best Italian in Rockville with out a doubt. It reminds me of the place from lady and the tramp being classic and real. Snuggle up to the tales and the specials are great. Just got this in this morning kind of stuff. Try the eggplant. The fried calamari will ruin you for anywhere else's calamari. Its better no where else. seriously. Priced right for the dining experience. I wanted to tip one hundred percent.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank James V
Germantown, Maryland
“Really Bad Italian Food! Over Priced, Poor Quality!”
Reviewed September 20, 2013

I read the majority of decent reviews on this site, regarding Amalfi's . I only found 2 reviews that were recent and negative! The bad reviews are Justified! Our waiter was nice and the only good part of our experience! What was Wrong? Everything!! I ordered Lasagna, the lasagna had no seasoning in it, the sauce was not close to tasty with absence of seasoning. My GF ordered Egg Plant Parm. Again, NO seasoning, the cook was too lazy to peel the egg plant too. The food had little tomato sauce on either dish, and what was on the food was not tasty at all! Don't waste your Money on this restaurant because you can get a better meal in a Can and save alot of Money!!!!

• Visited September 2013