“Simple food done very well” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Amalfi Ristorante

Amalfi Ristorante
Reserve with OpenTable
Amalfi Ristorante is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #34 of 386 Restaurants in Rockville
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Parklawn Drive
Description: Established in 1977 Amalfi is a True Family Owned & Operated Restaurant. We offer dishes from both northern and southern Italy. We also have extensive Gluten Free and Vegetarian options along with a few Vegan options as well. With everything being made from scratch to order we can please any customer. We take pride in doing all the work ourselves and strive to have the very best restaurant in town. Moe Jr. is the head chef, John serves tables, Teresa hosts and Moe Sr. overlooks the operation. Moe Sr. and Teresa started Amalfi over 36 years ago and now the two sons are in control and have taken Amalfi to the next level. We have now upgraded all of our meats to all natural products. From all natural chicken to milk fed veal, even our sausage is all natural. The majority of our meals are now made to order to ensure optimal freshness and quality. Come in and see why they say, "Once you visit Amalfi you may never leave!"
Annapolis, Maryland
“Simple food done very well”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

I was quite impressed with Amalfi Ristorante. OK, I'll confess: I was pleasantly surprised. The restaurant is off the main drag, and the building was very nondescript. If you blink you'll miss it as you drive by. But it was worth the effort to find it, and the food turned out to be excellent.
You get the feeling that the recipes have been handed down over many generations. It feels very much as if you are eating at someone's home rather than at a restaurant. I generally judge Italian restaurants by the way they prepare veal. The good places serve very tender veal; the bad places serve shoe leather. The veal at Amalfi was very tender and the preparation was excellent. My daughter had the chicken parmigiana and she loved it. There was a lamb special that evening and it was outstanding. No major complaints, though I should caution you that the menu will not win points for creativity or originality. Amalfi serves standard Italian fare but they do an excellent job with it.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars
1 Thank David T

Ocean View, Delaware
“Same excellent food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Have not been here in several years because we left the area. WOW, everything is the same including the outstanding food & service. The white pizza as an appetizer was over the top super. Still as I remembered, the bolonaise pasta and salads superbly prepared and excellent. The wine menu needs some attention but overall fine.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank grndpierre
Potomac, Maryland
“Real Food,Nice People”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

Great Staff and excellent food...Get a daily SPECIAL ! This Restaurant has served the area for many decades We celebrate many family events there. EZ to Park.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank Arnie S
“Would not come here again”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

One of the worst places I have been. The reviews from others were good which is why I came here but it was some of the worst italian food I have had. I got the chicken parmesan. The chicken tasted like pure frying oil and the tomato sauc tasted like acid. I asked about it and the man told me they brine the chicken so its juicy, there was not one bit of juice in the chicken I had. Terrible. I am leaving this place with a stomach ache and like I ate straight from a deep fryer. Beware.

• 2 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
Silver Spring, Maryland
“Excellent food, great staff - as always!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Every single time I have been to Amalfi, it is amazing. The food is delicious, authentic and worth every penny! My family has been going to Amalfi for over two decades and it is certainly a favorite! I recently went there with my family, we were a party of 17!! Despite having such a large party, the staff was more than accommodating and allowed us to split the checks. Everyone who works here is good natured, warm and welcoming. This is the real deal - family owned since the 70s, the recipes are incredible, everything made as you order.

They recently updated the restaurant with a new waiting area, a change of decor and freshly painted bathrooms. The restaurant is not fancy, it's comfortable, but still perfect for a date night or family dinner.

The white pizza with fontina cheese is to die for! The. Best. White. Pizza. Ever. If you go, you must get this appetizer! My husband almost always opts for his favorite entree - Chicken Alfredo with Linguine, and every time, the chicken is cooked to perfection, the pasta and sauce an amazing balance of rich creamy goodness! I had the Chef's Special Whole Flounder in herb butter with a side of linguine with a butter garlic sauce. Delicious!! We almost always finish the meal with a cappuccino! Yum!

When I asked my husband to describe Amalfi, he said, "Above outstanding!" Without a doubt, easily the best Italian food we have ever had anywhere. I recommend to everyone and will continue to do so.

• Visited January 2013