“Had a great Valentine's Day meal at That's Amore !”
Review of That's Amore

That's Amore
Reserve with OpenTable
That's Amore is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #53 of 441 Restaurants in Rockville
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Recerch Blvd.
Transit: shady grove metro station on the red line
Reviewed February 16, 2014

Took my wife and daughter to That’s Amore for Valentine’s Day. We were not disappointed.

I made a seamless reservation via Open Table. The restaurant even called me back to confirm. Arrived a few minutes early and were promptly seated at a very nice table.

The servers brought their A game as we received attention from 3 different people (our waitress, another person one bringing water, bread and refills and another clearing plates.
We started with the bruschetta and grilled calamari – excellent.

Wife had lasagna and really liked it. I tried it. It was good (but a little salty for my taste). My daughter had salmon and loved it. Good sized portion. I tried that one too and it was delicious. I had one of the Valentine specials – grilled Chilean Sea bass. It was a small portion but very delicious. Well worth the price.

The dessert tray was loaded with tempting desserts and we each indulged. All of them were great (but the chocolate cake my daughter had was the clear winner).

The only odd thing, that surprised me, was they would not honor a gift certificate from Restaurant.com citing “not on special days” (which was not on the certificate nor the Restaurant.com However, the meal was really good so I didn't push it.

They get extra points for giving my wife and daughter each a beautiful long stem rose (and these were high quality roses). This was a very nice touch.

Thanks to That’s Amore for making this Valentine’s Day special !

Reviewed February 16, 2014

Best Italian restaurant we've ever been too, hands down. If you go to Washington DC do not pass this place up.

Reviewed January 25, 2014

We were staying at a hotel nearby and tried That's Amore for an early dinner. The service was very good and the waitress attentive. My husband's Manhatten was good for the low price.
We ordered the family style Calamari (enough for 3) and it had a light batter, very good. We also ordered a family chicken parm and family ceasar salad. It was enough food for us,but you have to order the pasta, it doesn't come with the meal. The chicken parm platter was not that big, but okay.
The bill was a little over $60.

Reviewed January 16, 2014

It's basically a lot of pasta with cheese and lots of tomato sauce. Doesn't matter what you order, it all looks the same. Somehow, I couldn't get excited. We were a group of 15 and the table was covered with various dishes-veal parmesan, spaghetti, chicken marinara, eggplant parmesan and you really couldn't tell one dish from the other! Next time, I'll pass on this place and find something more unique and appetizing.

3  Thank romadaro
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Our family had dinner on New Year's Day to celebrate a birthday. There were 7 adults and 2 children. My son requested his favorite server, but was given another. I had Chicken Marsala which was excellent, the meat lasagna was given mixed reviews and my son's dinner a sausage dish was given an excellent. The meat balls & spaghetti was given a fair. Our service was good and several boxes were taken home for another meal.