“Good Food”

Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Families with children
Good for: Families with children
Reviewed March 25, 2011

Except for the Ramen , I guess everything is worth the trip to this tiny restaurant. Sushi, sashimi melt on your mouth. Saba shioyaki - heaven. Go, go, go

Reviewed April 1, 2009

I go there occassionally because it is probably the only authentic Japanese restaurants in the D.C. area. They have very fresh sashimi, and make a killer Tonkasu. The waitress/owner is nice, refills drinks when it's empty, clears table when you're done, but has an attitude problem when you ask her for anything extra, like if you wanted extra raddish to go with your sashimi. It's probably just the way of the Japanese people. They also have a problem seating people if your entire party has not arrived. Maybe because the place is small and they've had seating problems. Overall, the food is great...pricey. Lunch will average $15. A bowl of ramen noodles is $10, but it's good food. Like I said, I go there occassionally and that's good enough.

Reviewed February 28, 2009

We have been going to Temari for over a year and the last two times, the experience was unpleasant, and we will not be going again. Today, we brought my mother, who is barely able to walk, and although there were empty clean tables, the waitress refused to let us sit down. When I started to go over to the table to sit down and call my mother to sit down, I was very rudely and sternly ordered to go back to the front. One of the other customers was so embarrassed for us that she complained in Japanese, but we still weren't seated, and my mother had to be forced to stand at the front for a period of time. The time before that we had the same waitress who was rude and stressed out at that time also. Food is ok, but not worth the unpleasant experience for us anymore.

1  Thank simbulac
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed October 11, 2008

A little Japanese joint that serves regular Japanese dish. One of the better Japanese restaurants in the area.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed June 10, 2008

Love it! great menu selection! feels like an authentic japanese noodle shop, even though it serves a full menu selection.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook