“Good Chinese vegetarian in pleasant but no frills setting”
Review of Yuan Fu Vegetarian

Yuan Fu Vegetarian
Ranked #49 of 488 Restaurants in Rockville
Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 5, 2019 via mobile

Fantastic Chinese vegetarian lunch in Rockville, MD.

Spring rolls, steam rolls, crispy eggplant, faux spicy Kung Pao chicken, all down with hot jasmine tea.

Date of visit: March 2018

Reviewed September 12, 2018 via mobile

The Impossible Dream has been realized: vegan Chinese food that is indistinguishable from classic restaurant fare! What supreme luck to make this find on an impromptu trip through Rockville, MD. I hope the local residents don’t take their good fortune for granted...This restaurant is so convincing that I had to call ahead and make sure the menu items were truly vegan. The General Tsao’s chicken was absolutely amazing, as was the beef with pea pods and mu shu chicken. The meal was bittersweet, though, because they’re too far from home to visit again. Please go and eat vicariously for me!

Date of visit: September 2018
1  Thank J. E. M
Reviewed August 28, 2018

Yippppeeee for Yuan Fu! Now, I have another good place to eat lunch near my work that is healthy and yummy! I ordered the Lunch Special - String Beans and Shiitake Mushrooms Szechuan Style but added diced "chicken" for $3.00 more. I also got a Wonton Soup, Brown Rice, and I ordered 1 x Spring Roll for $1.75 each. What a great lunch! My favorite thing was the "chicken." YUM! I will definitely be back because the staff is super friendly and the food is GOOD! Plus, I have to try their "Lunch Box" which is only $8.00 and you can get in-restaurant. One scoop of rice and three choices of assorted food items on their hot buffet. It looked so incredibly good and fresh that I almost ordered it even though I had already called ahead & ordered my lunch to-go already. I definitely recommend this restaurant and I can't wait to go back.

Date of visit: August 2018
1  Thank MDTJ
Reviewed June 28, 2018

I go here on a regular basis .... it is a small Chinese restaurant with a few tables and a few booths and a lot of take out which is what I usually do. The staff is so friendly ... like family . They have a gluten free menu and really care if you have allergies or special food needs. I love the vegetable nest and the jade rolls and the curry potatoes and "chicken" (it is a vegetarian restaurant). The veg meat is really good which anyone who is veg knows that is important! I highly recommend.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed June 26, 2018

I've been vegetarian for 12 years. I am from the area and THIS is where my family goes. The people working there are so friendly and always smile and recognize us when we come in (and sometimes even remember our order). My brother, who is a carnivore absolutely loves this place as well. I have and always will recommend this place :)

Date of visit: June 2018