“Very indifferent food”

Good for: Families with children
Ottawa, Canada
“Very indifferent food”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013

Taipei Tokyo is a small restaurant that tries to serve three types of food - Chinese, Thai and Japanese - and predictably fails. I had mysterious crab lumps inside shaved cucumber to start and then a large plate of rather rubbery and overcooked chicken tempura. The sake was luke warm and tasted rather odd. The others in my group were similarly underwhelmed. The restaurant needs to be a tad less ambitious and spend more time on the food.

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank Faience44

Germantown, Maryland
“Lots of different choices better than average.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2013 via mobile

Stopped in for lunch and tried sushi. Average at best. They offer Japanese, chinese, and some thai. Good selection but nothing really stood out as being great. We were in a party of six. That was the overall review.

• Visited October 2013
San Diego, California
“Really like this place have eaten here several times”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

They get the pan Asian tastes right, good size portions, excellent service, good menu variety. We always go back to this place.

Visited August 2013
“Wish this place were in my "hood!"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2013 via mobile

Thank you trip advisor for helping me find a nice Asian restaurant while traveling to Rockville! It was exactly what my coworker and I had in mind! The restaurant is in a very busy upscale shopping court, it is a cute, clean and trendy type restaurant. It has a nice feel as soon as you walk in. Our waitress was fun and spot on. Started with the Tom Ka soup with tofu. Omg...soooo good. Fresh veggies, perfect tofu...I have to say, one of the best of my fav soup. Next I had the Golden Fire Maki sushi roll. I chose salmon for the top. Generous portion and very fresh. Another perfect choice. My house wine was a nice pour in a nice size wine glass (not the tiny one). My friend also enjoyed her dinner as well. If this place were in my hood I would make it my "go to place!" It was that good.

• Visited April 2013
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Excellent Asian Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2013

This is a great place where you can fill your craving for Asian food across multiple cuisines. The sushi selection is very good and I love their stir fried yaki udon. The thick chewy stir fried noodles are so good! My other favorites include the chow fun noodles and an awesome crispy beef dish. Finish the meal with one of their specialty ice creams. Sometimes they have red bean or green tea ice cream, which are nice treats.

• Visited February 2013