“So good we went out of our way to eat there”
Review of Silver Diner

Silver Diner
Ranked #2 of 407 Restaurants in Rockville
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Description: At Silver Diner, we're much more than a diner. Whether you choose a classic dish or a vegetarian, vegan, or gluten-free option, Executive Chef Ype Von Hengst has created a menu of customizable, healthier choices that all share one thing: the highest quality, all-natural ingredients available.Silver Diner is proud to be a key part of the local community, nurturing it's growth, providing food for healthier lifestyles, and supporting local schools and non-profits. With a menu that features more than 15 local farms that support sustainable agriculture, Chef Ype creates seasonal dishes using the freshest ingredients available within our local region.
Hatfield, Pennsylvania
“So good we went out of our way to eat there”
Reviewed April 3, 2013

We stumbled upon the Silver Diner when looking for a breakfast spot recently. What a lucky find. They add a helathy twist to all of their meals without sacrificing flavor. Examples: My Eggs Benedict had a tomato wedge on it, my son got bannana's with his kids meal. My wife has to eat gluten free but had many choices. She was so pleased that we planned our return trip around a stop for breakfast at the Silver spoon. This is not your average diner.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank dantheman311

bryans road
“Fresh Food”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

My husband & I normally select the silver diner in Tyson Corner, we were in the local area of Rockville with no line that evening. The service was not the best that evening. The food was AWESOME, hot & fresh. The food was so great we return and waiting in line the following morning. Try the hotcakes..Evening with the line out the door -- we only waited 10 min if that, so don't let the line out the door turn you away. It's worth the wait.

Visited April 2013
San Jose, California
“Fair”
Reviewed March 24, 2013

This is not the best Silver Diner I have eaten at. Yet it is not terrible by any means. It is situated in a heavy traffic mall area (more of a very big strip mall/shopping area) and parking was crowded and traffic was fairly heavy. This is a standard Silver Diner. If you have eaten at one before you know what to expect.

Visited March 2013
Cabin John, Maryland
“Great for vegetarians”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

We were surprised to find a number of menu items for vegetarians. And many low-fat items as well. This is a fun place to eat. Great decor, fast service. Try the no-fat berry milkshake.

• Visited March 2013
Rockville, MD
“Great place for breakfast!”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

I finally convinced my husband to try this place yesterday. He has a strong aversion to diner food, so it's been darn near impossible to get him through the door just because of the name. I'm happy to say he was not only pleasantly surprised, he admitted as we left that he'd go back anytime I wanted!

We went for Sunday breakfast. When we got there the line was out the door and he almost insisted we leave. It turns out they don't take names, or reservations, so you stand in line and when you get to the front...you're in! If you see a line when you drive up don't worry. It moves really fast, at least it did for us. Less than 10 minutes, and we started on the outside of the building. That speaks volumes to the efficiency and teamwork of the staff at Silver Diner.

Once seated, the server (pleasant, friendly, obviously someone who doesn't mind her job) told us about the menu. They have a ton of healthy options, even vegan ones. We aren't vegan, so of course I went for the Country Scrambler. Talk about heaven in a bowl! The eggs were fresh, and mixed with sausage, peppers, and a hint of gravy that made the whole thing come together in a hearty wake-me-up, with plenty to take home after. My husband got a 3-egg cheese omlette and pronounced it excellent. He even ate the potatoes and the biscuit, and he never does that (he's not usually a fan of biscuits).

We left satisfied, content, and happy. Not bad for a Sunday morning.

I wish I'd tried the coffee...I can't report on how good it is or isn't.

Be expecting a diner type atmosphere with quality food. And take an appetite, these aren't small portions.

• Visited February 2013