“Tasty noodle soup”

Cuisines: Vietnamese
Good for: Families with children
Good for: Families with children
Reviewed February 28, 2014

This was my first experience with pho and I really enjoyed it. Had the spring rolls and pho and found them both tasty and quite filling. I went with a friend who eats there regularly with his family so it was his recommendation and I can easily see why he keeps returning. Nothing fancy here just very flavorful soup.

Reviewed January 21, 2014

Went here with my brother and his family last weekend. Parking is tight here. You may have to circle several times before finding parking. Once inside you may also have to wait for seating as this seems to be a pretty popular restaurant. The PHO itself was very good and I enjoyed the fact that you can add any or all of the provided condiments. It ran about $8 for a large bowl - place not the cleanest, but heard it's cleaner than the Pho 130 across the street from what my brother tells me.

1  Thank Mako13Man
Reviewed January 13, 2014

First, to set expectations: This Pho is served in a cafeteria-style setting (think long tables with multiple groups sitting next to each other). There are lots of types of Pho, which is a hot noodle soup (with several different types of meats available to add), but there are NOT many other items. So you go to Pho 75 with the expectation of getting the soup, and don't expect other choices at this restaurant.

OK, now that expectations are set, this is the best Pho in the DC area, in my opinion. I've been eating Pho in DC for over a dozen years, and there are a couple Pho 75s around -- and they are all great. There is something about their broth that is a little different than some of the other Pho places - more flavor and taste in my opinion. All Pho is good, Pho 75 is great, so if you have the chance it's worth the visit.

Reviewed January 11, 2014

My friend kept telling me about the "authentic and delicious phos" or soups at this restaurant so on January 9, 2014 I accepted her invitation to have lunch at Pho 75. After having difficult time finding a parking space, seating at this restaurant and tasting their foods, I concluded that her review and those of others are OVERATED!

1.Parking - there are very limited parking spaces for customers of businesses located at the small shopping area. There were 5 cars waiting to park ahead of us so we decided to park next door, at the Giant Grocery parking lot.

2. Waiting - we waited for about 5-8 minutes before we were given our table.

3. Tables & chairs (ambience) - they've seen their days, perhaps have been in use since 1975 when the restaurant opened (?). Though they cleaned our table and chairs before letting us take our seats, I did not think them to be clean. Materials used for the seats of the chairs were kind of peeling off.

4. Phos - I ordered a large bowl of pho with tendons while my friend ordered a small bowl of pho with some tripes. Compared to the other phos that I've tasted at other Vietnamese restaurants, my pho was bland and tasteless.

The fried egg rolls we ordered were good. For desserts, we tried the gelatin with coconut milk as well as the rice puddings. Total bill amounted to about $25.00 plus tips.

Note that this restaurant only takes CASH for payment. My friend was trying to pay for our lunch using her debit card but it was not accepted like the credit cards. They should post something about this at the front door so customers with or without cash could proceed accordingly.

Option B - Consider buying baked goods from the Chinese Bakery located about 2-3 stores away. Their freshly baked goods are very delicious and when one buys 5 items, the 6th one is free. We also checked out the Filipino Store in the area that sells oriental groceries and some cooked/prepared meals for $5.99.

Conclusion: We are not definitely going back to Pho 75 for reasons mentioned in this review. There are other restaurants in Rockville and Gaithersburg areas where the issues related to Pho 75 do not exist.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

Best Pho around the DC area - I've been visiting this place since the late 90's. No one I've ever brought has been disappointed. I always get the Tai (#15) and Cafe Su Da or lemonade. Make sure you bring cash as they don't except credit and if it's busy you may end up eating next to someone you've never met. And the food comes out QUICKLY!