“Have it your way”

Good for: Families with children
Silver Spring, Maryland
“Have it your way”
Reviewed August 3, 2012

A wonderful, cozy Indian restaurant. The buffet is a real bargain. If you like Indian, but don't like it overly spicy, this restaurant will prepare food to your specification....mildly spicy is no problem. Outdoor seating available when weather permits.
Hands-on owner takes pride in his food and service....and it shows.

Visited July 2012

Potomac, Maryland
“Very good”
Reviewed June 21, 2012

4 stars, nice atmosphere, attentive service, quality food. We would go back.

Visited May 2012
Rockville, Maryland
“Nice Lunch Buffet”
Reviewed May 29, 2012

Went for lunch with a few friends... the Sunday lunch buffet had a good variety of nice curries both vegetarian and non-vegetarian. Loved the tandoor chicken as well... nice salads and sauces. Price was very reasonable and the staff was more than pleasant and accommodating.

• Visited May 2012
College Park, Maryland
“If you liked this, you really don't care for Indian food!”
Reviewed April 30, 2012

We happened upon this little place while our car was being serviced. My friend and I are Indian and a great fan of Indian cooking, spices and recipes. With sincere apologies to all that have called this buffet tasty and a bargain, I have to say- folks, this was definitely NOT (good) Indian food. This was pretend Indian food. The service was okay, the plates were not terribly clean, the food was cold, bland, tasteless and the variety of dishes very limited for the money we paid. Just up the road, at Minerva, for the same price, you get 3 times the number of dishes, 10 times the truly authentic taste of India, and a clientele that is thoroughly familiar with Indian cuisine.

• Visited April 2012
“A "Go To" Indian Restaurant”
Reviewed March 16, 2012

I love Indian food and eat at different restaurants and certainly have my favorite dish, Murg Makhani/Buttered Chicken and hands down I've never had it at any other restaurant as good as India Grill makes it. My friends all laugh and ask was it as good as India Grill and so far my answer has always been NO!. I work in Rockville and live in PG and when I have a craving I will make the trip just to get some. My other favorite dish is the Papdi Chaat, which they also make the best of any other restaurants I've tried. I do the buffet every once in a while, but since my favorite dishes aren't usually on there I stick with my favorites. I also recommend their saag paneer, which is also a hit with my friends, who much like my staples swear that no other restaurant makes there's as good.

And I've never experienced it being unclean and I've been going here for over 9 years now and the workers are always friendly and helpful. And I've done both dine in and call in an order for pick up. There were a few times over the past several years that my meal wasn't perfect, but it's always been when there was a change in chefs and that happens at major chains too, so it never took away from my love for the restaurant!

• Visited March 2012