“Artichoke appetizer was...”

Good for: Families with children
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Artichoke appetizer was...”
Reviewed June 24, 2008

Artichoke appetizer was very good but my husband wanted a dipping sauce.

Chicken parm was thin and cooked perfectly, crispy on the outside and not greasy. The tomato sauce had no flavor though and there was no parm cheese to sprinkle on top.

My husband had the mushroom and pepper pasta with a white wine sauce and also wanted some fresh cheese to top his dish.

The bread desperately needed some olive oil for dipping. It was not good enough to eat on its own.

1 Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook

Derwood, Maryland
“Good Italian Food”
Reviewed March 11, 2008

My work group has lunch here all the time and the food is excellent. I am a vegetarian so I usually get the eggplant parmesian or pasta with olive oil and garlic or tomato sauce. The food always comes piping hot and plenty fast for lunch. The bread is ordinary, but not bad. The house salad that comes with your meal is your usual tossed salad, but fresh with a good oil and vinegar dressing. One of my favorite Italian cooks was Chef Amadou, a native of the Ivory Coast who formerly cooked at Biscotti in Derwood. He could cook any Italian under the table. It's skill, it's the person, not nationality that makes the cook. The prices are excellent too.

1 Thank YuTurner
DC/MD/VA Metro Area
“Watery Italian Food In Small Portions”
Reviewed January 7, 2008

The food is pretty bad, almost inedible. Tasteless. The bread is what got us through the meal. I must have asked for a bread refill 3 times. The red sauce (marinara?) is watery. My kids ordered the ravioli - you get four. I ordered fried calamari with linguini. Little did I know that I would just be getting a small bowl of linguini (with that watery red sauce), and some fried linguini on the side. The place was empty on a Saturday night - not surprising. It's an Italian restaurant that seems to be run by Spanish people, not that there's anything wrong with that, but I would have preferred good Spanish food than poor Italian food served by people of Spanish descent. The only thing that saves this review from 1 star is that they were nice. Regretfully, nice won't bring me back. Wendy's, next door, would have left me more satisfied.

1 Thank Gaucho000